✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still with me??

Here comes the part you actually wanted to read :lol:

Like people said before they didn’t use the curtain.

Phil had a short look at the arena from the other side of the stage and saw my roadies sign!

He gave me a thumbs up :dance:

Hoppy:

3866179458_aa5350e987.jpg

A look behind:

3865395299_cc6ebcf140_o.jpg

When “Magnificent” started we all went crazy as the “countdown” had begun!

Ilione was so right when she said that this one track just managed to do what 2 opening bands couldn’t: we were right in the best mood!!!

I’ve never seen the “Breakdancing Roadie” action before and was so happy when he came on stage during the Jay-Z song!

Wow, he’s good!

The guy from my town had never been to a CP concert before so I “instructed” him to clap to the “Blue Danube” :lol:

So he did - I’m proud :laugh4:

They had this amazing animation on the screens with a zoom from the earth right into the arena with “Düsseldorf” written across the screens (Snow Patrol moment for Ilione and me :lol: See, I didn’t say they copied it!!!)

It was really fitting and made the crowd go crazy then already.

The boys came on stage and you probably know what it’s like: All the hurting legs and feet and sorrows are forgotten!!

I have to disappoint you concerning pics: I didn’t take many.

It’s just soooo much better to just enjoy and dance and clap and sing than holding up a camera… too many people did that already around me.

3866180448_105461acca_o.jpg

3865396125_727e411c6b_o.jpg

During IMP I held up the “Chris, do you want a twiglet?” banner.

It was written in red with Kris (= Knitted Chris) and a pack of Twiglets attached on both sides :)

Picture will follow!

Chris saw it, smiled and licked his lips :lol:

He also did a really funny dance / jump and I hope someone filmed it!!!

I couldn’t stop jumping like that the following day whenever it fitted – such a funny moment!

Another thing that made me smile was that he obviously didn’t adapt to the bigger stage yet.

At the point where he normally does his jump towards Jonny on the ramp he wasn’t even at the beginning of the ramp and just did a rather small jump and laughed and continued running :lol: :wacky:

At the end of Yellow he made gestures to people in the middle to throw a balloon to him.

When it finally reached him he didn’t manage to pop it with his guitar so he ran to where it flew and popped it there.

Will was so quick and banged a drum right at this point!!! :drummer: :heart:

Next was GOW… I always wanted to hear it and can’t tell you how happy I was when I heard the first notes :dance:

So so so so good!!!

I keep thinking back to he first time they played it live and how “different” that sounded.

Now it’s really perfect!

When they went to the B-stage I thought I could relax a little but who can resist dancing to these beats?

I certainly couldn’t!

I filmed Will singing during THP… going to upload it later!

VLV was amazing as always, the crowd really went mad when it started.

(There were so many people filming it as well.)

VLV and Lost are just indescribable live… I love the drums sooooo much!

After that they played “Singing in the rain” through the speakers and all the boys went past us to go to the C-stage.

On the setlist it says: “PLAY SINGING IN THE RAIN TRACK – EVEN IF NO RAIN” :lol:

A couple behind me started dancing together – so cute!!!

It wasn’t possible to see the C-stage so it was time for me to relax a little.

I didn’t say enough about the awful organisation in Düsseldorf but I think it’s better to keep those negative things to a minimum.

Let me just say that the security weren’t allowed to give us water and at one point I panicked: I couldn’t swallow because of my mouth being so dry.

The only things you could buy before the concert were beer and ice-cream. After 5.30pm I never saw these guys again either :dozey:

I filmed when Chris was speaking German!!! :heart: :heart:

Well, I filmed from when he was TRYING to speak :lol:

They crowd just didn’t let him – we were all doing the VIVA chant :dance:

So he tried to explain the Mexican wave, called it “Lola Welle” – so cute!

It didn’t work so he said “I have to work on my German” :lol:

Then they started Billie Jean and a huge cheer came as response from the crowd.

I’ll upload that video later as well!

It was then that I took out my blue fan (you Main Square people know it already :lol:) because I was afraid to really start throwing up because of not drinking enough… :sick2:

The security guy kept checking if I’m alright, he was looking at me a couple of times but I’m sure he was shaking his head inside that at every new song I found energy again :)

The things Coldplay are able to do haha.

That fan was handy again to protect my eyes from the MASSIVE lights during Politik!

Next was LIJ and it is incredible every time – those butterflies are just amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. I can’t even find words.

3865396471_37494707c3_o.jpg

3866181402_8c4190ee01_o.jpg

3866181880_05f944caf8_o.jpg

3866182422_1b9cc050f6_o.jpg

It’s difficult to try to recall how it all happened… But Brooke went to check the confetti bombs in front of me and so I held up my roadies banner again and screamed his name.

He turned around and smiled.

Then all of a sudden another roadie was in front of me and gave me one of the drum sticks Chris was throwing away during Lost!!!!!!!

I didn’t really realise what had just happened :lol:

It was pure disbelief.

It had landed in the middle of the gap between the stage and the barriers and it was so nice of him to give it to me! :heart:

From that moment onwards my body suddenly found a new reservoir of energy :lol:

3866183282_a7d7bbb334_o.jpg

3865399265_a9b6cd4f42_o.jpg :wacky:

3865400815_c831353b3c_o.jpg

3865391091_d9af2822f1_o.jpg

Nicole, I have a video of Phil giving you the shirt!!!

I completely forgot that I filmed it – otherwise I would’ve told you!!

I only “discovered” the video here at home :)

It’ll only cost you one sleeve to watch it :wink:

So I knew that they’d play LIT II soon and I took my banner from the barrier to hold it up during the song.

Here’s a picture of it:

IMG_0883.jpg

So I held it up during the song and I knew that they’ve seen it before but the best thing was yet to come:

Chris looked at me, placed his hand on his heart and made a little bow!!!!

I’m still so incredibly happy!

I didn’t expect anything like that.

Even though we were front row we could still see the fireworks during LIT II.

They had tested some fireworks in the morning and we were cheering then already, but it was really nice, even from that perpective. Lovely addition to the show.

(But we had to look up quite a lot and I’m happy I don’t have a stiff neck.)

As soon as it was over the security took a plastic strap and started pushing us to the back with it like cattle!! :confused:

But I saw a roadie removing a setlist from the floor so I screamed towards him if I can have it.

He just made a gesture that it went into pieces while removing.

BUT another roadie had heard me and was holding one and wanted to give it to me!!!

This huge security guy was moving towards me with the “cattle drive” strap and didn’t want to let me back!!

I wanted to go get my setlist however. :snobby:

And I won the fight haha.

He let me go to the stage again and take it – without mumbling “and then get the fuck out of here” however :angry:

My lucky earrings proved their name once again:

3866186004_1c7bc968fd_o.jpg

Then there’s the big “I think I lost my mobile in the arena”-panicking bit.

Let me just say I didn’t – and I talked to a nice chief security guy and we even exchanged text messages afterwards :)

After that we went outside to collect our LRLRL CD! :dance:

And guess what was still at the same place I left it many hours ago? My old blanket!! :lol:

It was a huge chaos so we all agreed to meet at the entrance of the sports hall.

There we sat a couple of minutes, said bye to Larry who went back home straight after the concert. So did Frank.

Ilione, K., Nicole, Carol and me were on another mission now:

Getting something to drink!!!!

We heard GOW – but we didn’t get one.

So we went to the hotel by the arena (inside actually) and bought some drinks which was heaven!

We sat there for some time and then went to the train station together.

Thank you so much for keeping me and Carol company on the platform until our train arrived! :hug:

It was great meeting you all and thanks again to Mich and Kirsten and Camille for the text messages! :hug:

I’ll stop here for now.

I’m sure I’ll remember more later however :lol:

Pics of Kris’s adventures and videos will follow, promised.

Carol: Thanks for the yummy yummy Jammy biscuits, can't believe I still have 2 packages left.

And Ilione - you have to tell me the name of these chocolate biscuits again - I am determined to find them in my town now!!!!

Anna, nice reviews, amazing photos, great experience :D

I'm happy for you :nice: It seems like everyone was very cheerful and happy and lucky in this show..I'm jealous and happy at the same time to hear that..:D

Oh btw Anna, what camera do you use? I've gotta get me one of those!

Anna, nice reviews, amazing photos, great experience :D

I'm happy for you :nice: It seems like everyone was very cheerful and happy and lucky in this show..I'm jealous and happy at the same time to hear that..:D

Oh btw Anna, what camera do you use? I've gotta get me one of those!

Thanks! It was awesome. :nice:

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't have many videos and pics...

It was just sooo much better like that.

I jumped and danced so much :dance:

I'd love to have a video of Chris's funny jumping though :bomb:

This is my camera:

Helllloooo.png

Wow Anna! Great review, thanks so much for sharing!

It was a wonderful time! Nice to meet you and the other girls! :nice:

You mean this one or is this an older interview?

http://www.einslive.de/musik/interviews/2008/coldplay.jsp

It's very funny anyway! :D

:nice: I'm happy you were standing with us!

And I've seen that interview (not sure if it's recent either), but this security guy said he had listened to the station in the morning when he told us about the interview...

Guess I'll write an email to 1LIVE later to ask them!

Wow what a great review Anna...but I'm feel really sorry for you that you could not get something to drink....why didn't the organisators gave you some water...when people collapse there is much more work for them - idiots!

I really like your Chris doll, it's so cute - did you do it yourself?

Did you get the drumstick at the same evening?

Wow what a great review Anna...but I'm feel really sorry for you that you could not get something to drink....why didn't the organisators gave you some water...when people collapse there is much more work for them - idiots!

That's why I always recommend you take some "Capri Sun" packets in with you, as you can nearly always get them in, and you only need large pockets to put them in. I always take four and wear cargo trousers and they came in very useful on Thursday.:D

I really like your Chris doll, it's so cute - did you do it yourself?

Did you get the drumstick at the same evening?

I asked this man for water and he said he isn't allowed to hand it out - only paramedics.

Later I asked him again and said that I don't feel well so he replied with "Then you have to get outside"... no way I'd do that. I'd stand there until I faint :lol:

No, I didn't make Kris!! Carol did him and gave him to me as a present!!!! :dance: :heart:

He'll get his own thread where you can see his adventures soon :D

Yes, I got the drum stick on Thursday after LIJ and still have that one picture in my mind where I see the roadie just putting it inside my hands!

Thanks for your great review, Anna.:) Sorry to hear about the missing glass of water for you when you so needed something to drink. I like your remark: I heard GOW, but didn't get one. :laugh3: So much better and well deserved that you got a drum stick and the set list! Thanks again for the very detailed review. :)

Thanks! It was awesome. :nice:

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't have many videos and pics...

It was just sooo much better like that.

I jumped and danced so much :dance:

I'd love to have a video of Chris's funny jumping though :bomb:

This is my camera:

Helllloooo.png

Oh it's ok for not taking many pictures..I understand completely ;)

Anyway, your camera is the one I've been wanting! But sadly I have no money for now..But I'm putting it in my list to buy as soon as I get the money :D

Oh it's ok for not taking many pictures..I understand completely ;)

I'm taking far fewer photos and vids too (especially in the larger venues) as my camera is only good for close-ups and there's always better material floating around nowadays.

Also I prefer to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the concerts.;)