✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Airing:4th] 30-Jan-09: Chris Martin at Absolute Radio - WEBCAST - 1pm (GMT)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going to enter, but the question was just too hard.. :bomb: :P :rolleyes:

im just kidding. i entered of course. although i do live in the U.S.

shit. i hate it here.

do you think it was a bad idea? i'd probably be able to find a way to get there anyway, i'd have to!

Write limerick, win tickets!

Just read this on Coldplay.com!

Good morning. As you know, Chris is playing a very intimate acoustic session for Absolute Radio this coming Friday (30th January). Well, the kind folks at Absolute have been in touch to offer Coldplay.com one pair of tickets to give away. Our winner will need to be available to go along to the session in London on Friday, at around 1pm. The prize is just the tickets, not travel or anything else.

How can you win the tickets? Simply write a limerick (strict AABBA rhyming pattern) beginning with one of the following lines:

- There once was a singer named Chris

- There once was a bassist named Guy

- There once was a drummer named Will

- There once was an axeman named Jonny

Email your entry to [email protected] (not [email protected], which is playing up) with the subject "limerick" before 9am tomorrow morning (Wednesday). The best one (in our humble opinion) wins the tickets...

Anchorman

Post your entries here! I'm so curious, knowing how creative you all are!

Another chance to win!!!

Meet Coldplay's Chris Martin

HERE'S your once in a lifetime chance to attend an intimate gig with Coldplay's Chris Martin!

This really is the ultimate prize for Coldplay fans. You and an extremely lucky mate will get up close and personal with the legendary front man when he plays live for Absolute Radio in their famous Zoo Bar.

Alongside just a handful of VIPs this Friday January 30, at 1.30pm, you'll watch the gig and then be given a tour of the infamous Absolute Radio London studios, the former home of Virgin Radio.

Plus, you'll get to sit in on the award-winning DJ Christian O'Connell's Breakfast Show, meet the man himself and watch him work his magic on the airwaves.

Chris Martin will be playing exclusive acoustic tracks from the super band's extensive back catalogue which includes hits such as Fix You, The Scientist, Yellow and the recent Viva la Vida.

Even if you're not the lucky winner you can tune in to Christian O'Connell's Breakfast Show on Monday February 2 from 7am to hear the session.

Or watch it online at absoluteradio.co.uk, where you'll also find an exclusive interview from Lily Allen and live Zoo sessions from Razorlight, Starsailor and Paul Weller

This money can't buy prize is being given away to celebrate the station's brand new TV ad - and you can watch it here first by clicking on the video player below!

The entertaining TV ads feature Absolute Radio's Christian O'Connell and Hollywood star Jordan Prentice (who recently appeared in the film In Bruges alongside Colin Farrell) playing the part of 'Doug' the station's new security Guard.

Absolute Radio is a new station that plays the very best in real music from artists like The Beatles, David Bowie, Oasis and Coldplay.

Manufactured pop is strictly banned from Absolute airwaves and the station prides itself on bringing listeners more real music, live music and new music than any other radio station.

To discover real music, tune in to Absolute Radio nationally on DAB and 1215AM or in London on 105.8FM.

Click here for our Terms & Conditions

To stand a chance of winning this fantastic prize, all you have to do is answer one simple question.

Just click the link below and you could be the lucky winner.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Competition ends Thursday January 29 at 1pm GMT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/article2173203.ece

This sent to me from Absolute:

From 1pm (GMT) on Friday 30 January, you can watch Coldplay's Chris Martin live in a solo webcast session at Absolute Radio. Visit http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/coldplay to get the page bookmarked, don't forget to stick the date in your diary.

:dance:

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/sessions/livevideo.html

This sent to me from Absolute:

From 1pm (GMT) on Friday 30 January, you can watch Coldplay's Chris Martin live in a solo webcast session at Absolute Radio. Visit http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/coldplay to get the page bookmarked, don't forget to stick the date in your diary.

:dance:

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/sessions/livevideo.html

Cool!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Ugh, I can't even keep track of which interviews and acoustic sessions are on which days... Does anybody have a list somewhere? :P

Same thing is happening to me.... i'm so confused with all these interviews & performances.... :P