🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

back! what a night, more tomorrow but I need sleep, so I leave you with this ;)

DSCN6147.JPG

DSCN6144.JPG

will do the rest of the photos when I get home tomorrow afternoon, my 3G just loves reducing the quality :rolleyes:

:o

you took those pics? :o

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quickie before sleep. not got time to read the posts which came before, so if any duplication, sorry. Ian's probably twittered most of the highlights. will compile proper report when get back to Manchester tomorrow.

absolutely surreal & awesome.

queued for 7 hours, before doors opened. Had ace time with all the coldplayers in the queue. lots of time to chat, check out twitter.

as we were so close to the front of the queue, we were front row in front og=f Jonny. Looks like we have some awesome pictures to share.

Killers were great. Coldplay were better, obviously :p

Al Murray (pub landlord ) did a bit of gap filling whilst the roadies worked like trojans to get the kit up.

My highlight was when Gary Barlow joined our boys on stage for BAck For Good. I am ashamed to admit, I went into complete fan girl mode and screamed like a girl. I have never screamed like that in my life, and I blame Chris for ending the main set with Fix You, which had made me a bit emotional.

The last song with Coldplay, Killers, Brandon Flowers, & Gary Barlow was so surreal, I wouldn't believe it had happened if I didn't have pics.

After the show, we managed to talk to Phil, in a reverse Romeo & Juliet moment!! We spotted him on the balcony so yelled up, and he sat on the edge of the balcony to exchange a few words with us.

that's all for now. night night :kiss:

Just a quickie before sleep. not got time to read the posts which came before, so if any duplication, sorry. Ian's probably twittered most of the highlights. will compile proper report when get back to Manchester tomorrow.

queued for 7 hours, before doors opened. Had ace time with all the coldplayers in the queue. lots of time to chat, check out twitter.

as we were so close to the front of the queue, we were front row in front og=f Jonny. Looks like we have some awesome pictures to share.

Al Murray (pub landlord ) did a bit of gap filling whilst the roadies worked like trojans to get the kit up.

My highlight was when Gary Barlow joined our boys on stage for BAck For Good. I am ashamed to admit, I went into complete fan girl mode and screamed like a girl. I have never screamed like that in my life, and I blame Chris for ending the main set with Fix You, which had made me a bit emotional.

The last song with Coldplay, Killers, Brandon Flowers, & Gary Barlow was so surreal, I wouldn't believe it had happened if I didn't have pics.

After the show, we managed to talk to Phil, in a reverse Romeo & Juliet moment!! We spotted him on the balcony so yelled up, and he sat on the edge of the balcony to exchange a few words with us.

:bomb: a great quick report!! can't wait until tomorrow

you talked to Phil :stunned: :blush: how cool is that!

what a night! :D

DSCN6147.JPG

DSCN6144.JPG

will do the rest of the photos when I get home tomorrow afternoon, my 3G just loves reducing the quality :rolleyes:

Ian you took these!!!!:stunned:

Holy shit:bomb::dead:

DSCN6147.JPG

DSCN6144.JPG

Oooh, this is so exciting! It sounds/looks incredible and I can't wait to hear about it from everyone :)

God damn it! I'm still in shock after reading all these posts :shocked2: WOW and Ian pics are f*cking close!! And having all those Coldplayers in front row... must have been EPIC!!

That's so great they managed to talk to Phil!! Awwwwwww :heart:

Jen, dialog transcription, please!!! :P

Crazy, there were paps everywhere but he was so sweet ( and very tall) haha, I also got a wave from Bono and a thumbs and great from Dave after I shouted out great gig as he and Brandon walked past :D..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZxuHi5xN0]YouTube - Coldplay Feat Gary Barlow-Back for Good for War Child[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_-DW1IYN8[/ame]

I took over 100 pics and vids on the camera (majority of which were Guy, but can't upload them until weekend so will have to make do with phone vids 1st :)

Crazy, there were paps everywhere but he was so sweet ( and very tall) haha, I also got a wave from Bono and a thumbs and great from Dave after I shouted out great gig as he and Brandon walked past :D..

YouTube - Coldplay Feat Gary Barlow-Back for Good for War Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_-DW1IYN8

I took over 100 pics and vids on the camera (majority of which were Guy, but can't upload them until weekend so will have to make do with phone vids 1st :)

cool thanks for the video :D

and congratulations on meeting Chris!!

War child gig [PICS] [VIDEO] [AUDIO] [GIG]

I'm sorry I have opened a new topic but I have so much material for this wonderful evening that it's better if I put all in a separate topic where you can see/watch/listen/download everything

It isn't an alternative discussion place, it's simply a divulgation of all my material

However: I've just came back from the best concert of my life with both my favourite bands playing

A unique experience, unrepeatable!

Ok,

I knew it was gonna be a special concert but I couldn't imagine something like this!

Killers were great: 9/10

Very good, even if short, setlist:

1.Spaceman

2.Somebody told me

3.For reasons unknown

4.Human

5.This is your life

6.Read my mind

7.Mr brightside

8.When you were young

Surprisingly no All these things that I've done!

The set was storming, really beautiful. There was a prestigious public in the balcony: Natalie Imbruglia, The Edge, Phil Harvey..etc etc

Present to me! I took Ronnie's drumstick when he threw it!!!

A bit of waiting until the next act.. and there is a kind of stupid comedian (some says pub's landlord, baahh)

The balcony gets more and more crowded

Lights fade away and there is Strauss' Waltz Danubio playing!

Ta na na na na na na ta na na na na na na...

1.Life in technicolor

2.Violet hill

3.Clocks

4.In my place

5.Yellow

7.Lost!

8.Fix you

Unfortunately eight songs again but Coldplay will be back for an encore!

9.Viva la vida

So far they played perfectly. Chris is doing great (ok he made a Mistake at the piano during the ending of Lost! :P)

Viva la vita was so powerful that everybody sang as loud as s/he could.

Neil Tennant (Pet shop boys) kept singing it from the balcony for so much longer that Chris had to go to his synth and play it again.

Is it finsihed? No no.. they even put an extra mic stande close to Chris' one.

IT'S GARY BARLOW!!!

AHHHHHHHHH

And Coldplay are playing BACK FOR GOOD!

Is it finished now? NOoooooooo!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

Killers come back to the tage and, with Brandon in casual dress, he starts singing at the piano:

When there's nowhere else to run

Is there room for one more son

One more son

If you can hold on

If you can hold on, hold on

Incredible duet Coldplay/Killers

But it's not finished.. PAUL HEWSON CAME IN!!! (known to the most as Bono Vox)

And now?

Chris call gary again!

So we have Chris, Brandon, Bono and Barlow!

Among the public Gwenny was singing loudly :)

I've take a lot of pics, these are only some of those that I will finish to put tomorrow!

I have the videos, I have the bootleg..give me a bit of time! :)

Here are some of the videos and pictures :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hvCk2zZ3qU]YouTube - Coldplay - Back for good feat. Gary Barlow @ 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZvvXlIDPA]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva la vida @ 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire 18th February 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X0Fd56TzJU]YouTube - Coldplay - Lost! @ 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFgci2ZEqwc&fmt=18]YouTube - Gwyneth Paltrow attending Coldplay's War Child concert, 18th February[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZxCkVH_zxA]YouTube - Coldplay - All these thing that I've done feat. The Killers, Gary Barlow, Bono @ War Child[/ame]

warchi1.JPG

warchi2.JPG

warchi3.JPG

warchi4.JPG

warchi5.JPG

warchi6.JPG

warchi7.JPG

warchi8.JPG

warchi9.JPG

warchi10.JPG

warchi11.JPG

warchi12.JPG