✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

ROGERS CENTER!!!

"Good afternoon. We can now confirm that the venue for Coldplay's previously-announced Toronto show on 29th July is the Rogers Centre. Tickets go on sale from here on Monday 9th March at 12noon EST.

Anchorman"

From Coldplay.com

at noon? :cheesy: That's when I have lunch, which means I could run home and get online to buy tickets. Yes!!

Skip school! :P I'm willing to skip class to get these tickets and it might come down to that. But if pre-sale is always at 10am I shouldn't really need to, except on Friday, in which case I would just go late.

By the way, I think I said the same thing exactly two weeks ago...:bomb: This is so frustrating. Just wait, there will be no sale tomorrow and it'll be pushed back another two weeks. I'd really like to know what's taking so long.

Well i'm not one to skip but since Coldplay tickets sell out within minutes I'm not risking a chance and staying in school. :P I would've preferred on a weekend or when i don't have school, then i wouldn't need to miss my classes.

ha you were almost right about it being pushed two weeks because they go out March 9th :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACC??? how could they?

Is anyone else upset that they switched from the Amphitheatre to the horrible ACC??? There's just no comparision between the two....i saw them in 2003 at the amphitheatre and it was amazing. I was really looking forward to an outdoor concert.

Is anyone else upset that they switched from the Amphitheatre to the horrible ACC??? There's just no comparision between the two....i saw them in 2003 at the amphitheatre and it was amazing. I was really looking forward to an outdoor concert.

i am sort of. my friend who i was planning on going with actually refuses to see them if they're performing at the ACC even though she loves them... i like the molson amp a lot better....plus it feels much smaller then the ACC.

Technically... the Rogers Centre could open up the roof. That would be awesome!

Rogers Center? Rogers Center?!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........................well I ain't going. If you feel like listening to Coldplay on A Karaoke machine by all means go for it.

What a stuiped choise by the organizers. My rumour venue Downsview Parc is so much better than that old dinosaur. Oh well, instead of putting some effort and making a amazing concert they went with the corporate giants toy.

If they come to Montreal I would definitely go (easier for me to get there lol). I wouldn't mind an Ottawa stop either. We have a stadium called Frank Clair and the Rolling Stones came to play there one summer...but I somehow doubt Coldplay will do the same :P

Well I'm glad they pushed the ticket date back because I woke up in a panic when I realized I slept past the ticket time, lol. However, I think that was obviously going to happen. But the Rogers Center... That's like my worst fear come true. Please tell me they're not going to do some sort of stupid huge general admission thing. That would be horrible. Has anyone ever seen a show at the Rogers Center? How do they do it? Do they set up chairs on the "grass". All I know is that I'm glad I saw them so close at the ACC because even that feels like an intimate venue now, lol.

Yay, finally an announcement! :dance: I too am disappointed that they chose the Rogers Centre though...the Amphitheatre would have been amazing. But I guess this is more practical.

at noon? :cheesy: That's when I have lunch, which means I could run home and get online to buy tickets. Yes!!

Well i'm not one to skip but since Coldplay tickets sell out within minutes I'm not risking a chance and staying in school. :P I would've preferred on a weekend or when i don't have school, then i wouldn't need to miss my classes.

ha you were almost right about it being pushed two weeks because they go out March 9th :D

You're lucky...I have a class that ends at 12:05 that day. I wonder if I should skip, or risk it and try to get tickets after? :\ I would really prefer not to skip as well.

Just found this on Twitter, hope it means something so you know where to look:

925JACKFM: Beat the Box Office to win a pair of tickets to see Coldplay for their just announced show, July 30th @ Rogers Centre, inside the NATION!

ok...so now both the date and venue have been changed?

july 30 instead of 29 and rogers ctr instead of amphitheatre??

i was soooo excited for it to potentially be at the amphitheatre because their show there in 2003 was absolutely unforgettable! rogers centre sucks but i guess we should be happy they are even coming at all! though toronto is CLEARLY their favourite place to play!!! just wish it was a better venue...i mean, we've really had enough of the ACC in the past few years but rogers centre is no improvement.

oh well!

so, is there any official announcement for when tickets officially go on sale?

was the TO presale today or is it postponed again?

thx in advance for any help.

~amy

Anchorman's updated his post:

Toronto venue announced, date changes

February 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Band to play Rogers Centre on 30th July

Good afternoon. We can now confirm that the venue for Coldplay's previously-announced Toronto show in July is the Rogers Centre. The show has also moved back a day to 30th July. Tickets go on sale from here on Monday 9th March at 12noon EST.

Anchorman