✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

That was me who led the way to the pit. Hope you guys loved the show as much as we did

Stupid me I didn't ask you while on queue if you were writing here, that was a great team work, we all got front row :D

Iriden, Catfish, Moses, Nascat - GREAT PICS!!! Thanks! Btw, Iriden were you right beside Catfish and the girl that was with him?? Just curious.

uhm, I don't know if I was beside Catfish, I had a black All Pointes West Festival shirt, don't know if this helps you :)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,

I finally get to post my review, thoughts, etc. I apologize for taking so long, but between flying back home, work, etc., I’ve been swamped.

First, the pre-show. I lined up at the VIP entrance and I think it was a great idea. I had a tree w/ my gf and soon enough gmalool recognized me. I knew the yellow shirts would come in handy. We sat by the tree until about 5:20, then we lined up and were let in at about 5:35 or so. We ran to the PIT on the opposite side of the big line and I was fortunate enough to get there right at the same time as holycatfish87. I had gmalool to my left, holycatfish81 to my right and soon enough realized that jthunder and lostinreverie were right behind us. A great coldplaying crowd.

I have nothing to add to the show that hasn’t been already said. Everyone has done a great job reviewing the show, but I’ll throw in my few cents. Definitely the best I have seen so far, and I will say location had a key part to it. I agree, Chris was a little slow at first, but gained energy as the show went on. He did a nice job interacting with the PIT, I thought, between the thank you from Holycatfish’s comment, to the ROBTH bit he added presumably to appease the sign holder, to the pretty girl he saw when he messed up. I was wearing the COLDPLAYING butterfly shirt for London, and he pointed my way as Lovers and Japan was beginning.

I tried for a setlist, but to no avail. We lingered for a bit, bought a program, used the bathroom and slowly made our way out of the venue. On the way out I saw a couple of roadies, and I asked them for a setlist. They told me they did not have one, but since I was wearing my yellow T-shirt, they had 1 signed copy of LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTLEFT that they would give either me or my gf, since she had it on too. They placed it on the ground, and since it was my birthday, she allowed me to grab it. By this time there was no one exiting, and original copies of the CD were easy to get. My whole crew got 1 a piece (we were 6 but all sitting in different spots).

My thanks again to the COLPLAYERS. GMALOOL, good look at Clemson and hope you find your niche in the international trade world. HOLYCATFISH81, good luck at Auburn, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful campus when Ole Miss comes into town on Halloween. JTHUNDER, thank you for saving our spots when bathroom runs were needed. I hope you enjoyed the show, though you had to go alone. And LOSTINREVERIE, props to your mom. My mother used to drive hours for me to go to shows when I was in jr. high and high school. My mom never would go in the PIT with me though, so super props to her and let her know how much you appreciated it (I’m sure you already have).

Okay a little long, but that’s all for now. Good luck to the band and hope all gets better for them health wise.

At last!

=D I have been a huge coldplay fan for a long time, and theyre my favorite band! I had not gotten to see them Live until they went to Charlotte on the 7th of August! They were amazing!!! They made my life that night =D Im sorry Chris got sick after the show though! I hope he gets better!

No matter how big of a fan you are, that first show just blows you away. They do that, you know, to hook you, so you keep coming back again and again and again. :D

The first show does blow you away! I was way up high in the nosebleeds on my first Coldplay concert and still had the most amazing time!:D

Below is the link to my pictures. They are on facebook, but the album is open to anyone, so I think anyone can see. Also, they are the last of the album as the rest are from my other shows. Just look at the caption under each picture and it will tell you city and venue.

In addition, in the last few pictures, Chris looks very very pale. I don't know if it was the lighting, but decide for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123672&id=547270820&l=1ef95fde98

Greeneyes and Dianne.... I need to join ya'll if you both go to Tampa! Along with any of the coldplayers I met in Charlotte. The Charlotte show made it so much more fun to be surrounded by Coldplayers and of course the PIT.

Non-coldplayers SUCK.

Coldplay heats up Charlotte

DSC00699(3).JPG

So it's been two, almost three, days since Coldplay rocked the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre this past Friday, and I'm finally writing about. Why now? Well I've been trying to come up with the right words to explain just how amazing this show was. When I attended the show on Friday I expected nothing less than a stellar performance, and what I experienced was completely indescribable. Not only did the band sound phenomenal, but the lighting was fantastic and Coldplay, and more specifically lead singer Chris Martin, have this insane amount of energy. It was one of those instances where you know you are witnessing something great because you get goosebumps. I don't get goosebumps very often in the dead of summer, at an outdoor venue, but I got goosebumps several times on Friday night., which I personally think speaks volumes about my concert experience.

We arrived to the show "late", which was perfect because we managed to avoid most of the ridiculous Verizon traffic (Side note: Managment or traffic control, DESPERATELY needs to fix that, not only is it horrible within the arena vacinity, but Tryon and surrounding side roads are ALWAYS jammed). Coldplay had literally just started playing their first song as we walked into the venue. Once we stepped inside the actual arena, I couldn't believe how many people were crammed in there. I've been to a few concerts at Verizon, most of which have been full, but this place was packed! It wasn't surprising since it was Coldplay playing, but I was just surprised that many people could actually fit in there. So, we managed to squeeze through the crowd and into our seats just in time for their second song. And, once we got settled the out-of-body, can't believe I'm here experience began.

It's definitely obvious people that attend their shows are SERIOUS fans. The cat next to me was belting out songs so loudly I almost couldn't distinguish between him and Chris Martin. However, I didn't care, mostly because I found it comical that this dude was jamming out to Coldplay, but again I was simply mesmerized by the performers on stage. They sang the obvious classics like my personal favorite "Yellow" and "Fix You." Then they did something I've never seen at Verizon. They had a side stage setup, up towards the front so fans could get a closer look, where they played one song. Pretty cool. Then they setup a stage towards the lawn, which I was maybe twenty feet away from, where they sang several songs including a tribute to MJ by singing a cover of "Billie Jean." I really can't do the show justice it's one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it was absolutely phenomenal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIl5n08MWBU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Coldplay_live in Charlotte, NC at Verizon[/ame]

http://www.examiner.com

Coldplay is better than drugs.... My concert was 7/18 and I still have not turned on the radio or any other form of music besides COLDPLAY!! Well..when my husband turned on the radio once and Guess who was on... lol.. so that didnt really count! ;)

If I could only grab a few songs off of youtube of this concert.. what would you all say were the best?? ;) I need a place to start!!

Thanks! :)