✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

Great pix!

your pics are amazing!!!! I need to find out why mine didn't post..

Thanks! My first time able to use my manual film Nikon in this kind of circumstance. Learned a lot, photography wise. I barely got the camera in....kind of lucky.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

By far the best show I have ever seen them do. We got front and center in the pit, and the boys were sure on fire tonight. Politik still is one of their best songs live, but boy the crowd was into it tonight. The boys sure did love us singing to fix you. And Chris and Jonny messed up Death and All of His Friends, and Chris blamed it on a good looking girl that distracted him. We were also by a bunch of Coldplaying people. I have pictures and an almost full audio recording of Billie Jean (which was great) that I will upload very very soon. Other than that what a show!

I got a setlist!

Actually, when I heard him say it, I thought he was just making that up to be funny. Although there were some pretty girls there... :cool:

And I'm with you on your sad mood... I don't want to wait a long time to see them again. Although you have another big reason to be sad considering the developments of today. I feel bad for the fans in Tampa, but I'm also very happy that it didn't happen just one show sooner. Needless to say, me and my friend would have been totally devastated.

I saw that happen and was like...lucky bastard!

Same here... I bet that made your night. :)

Yeah, The Scientist is my favorite song and I've heard him play it every which way live and he definitely hit a few notes wrong at the beginning. Awesome concert, was just stunned when they walked up to about ten yards away from me. By far and away the best concert I've ever been too.

Yeah, The Scientist is my favorite song and I've heard him play it every which way live and he definitely hit a few notes wrong at the beginning. Awesome concert, was just stunned when they walked up to about ten yards away from me. By far and away the best concert I've ever been too.

Yeah, I thought he messed up a bit in the beginning. That's awesome that they came that close to you! It was a fun night. I wish I could rewind it.

I'm a photography major. Not a great photo night for me since my primary camera killed the first battery and the second one was also dead (I thought I had charged it - you'd think that be a number #1 rule)...but I borrowed a friend's tried a few interesting angles, here's what I got.

102_8379.jpg

102_8601-Copy.jpg

102_8596.jpg

102_8676.jpg

102_8690.jpg

102_8732.jpg

102_8767.jpg

102_8772.jpg

102_8757.jpg

102_8748.jpg

102_8744.jpg

102_8743.jpg

Hey Coldplayers

Through a late development I ended up being at this show, and wanted to make it a Coldplay weekend, since I was already headed to Tampa tomorrow night, and it was great. Even out in the lawn the crowd was absolutely amazing. Even with the intense, humid heat it was amazing! No one sat down, and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater went in a frenzy during 'Billie Jean.' The audience even sang along to the Michael Jackson "woo!" from the song! One highlight of being in the lawn is being in the cell phone wave, and being able to see it from a different standpoint gave me goosebumps. It's still friggin' adorable.

Chris repeatedly thanked everyone for coming out on a Friday night, since on that night, he said, there's endless possibilities when it comes to stuff to do. He was quieter than usual, but Charlotte got lots of love. At one point he busted out with "A Rush of Blood To The Head," during the end of one of the songs at the top of the set. The band also shouted out their friend Murray back in the UK, whose birthday it was, and asked the crowd to sing the ending to "Yellow" for him. Amazing.

And yes, he did lose his focus during 'Death and All His Friends,' and told Jonny to stop! He messed up and just blurted out "Oh, fuck...I was looking at the girl in the audience. Err, don't put this on YouTube" and got right back on track at "just be patient and don't worry." He also lost focus a bit at the beginning of "Death Will Never Conquer," and blurted out another f-bomb. Damn, it sounds adorable when he says it! Does that make any sense?

Technically, this was the last show of the tour and it was amazing. It was my fifth time, and again I realized that Coldplay live is addicting. You can't get the experience out of your mind, and it reels in there until you just want go for more.

And I'm super sad that the Sunday show is not happening. I got my notice from LiveNation while I was in the car, I gotta say, my mind then flashed back to the night before...

...After the show, I sat in my car for about hour waiting for the traffic to die down. At one point, there was a lit up ambulance that drove up between the staff parking lot and of the back gate areas of the venue. So when I read the "medical notice" on the website today, my mind immediately went to that ambulance. I don't know why it was there, and if it was there for someone in the band, or someone in the audience, or someone in the staff. But I really hope no one is seriously hurt or ill. That would be horrible.

Hey guys!!

I still think that was one hell of a show we saw last night and being down in the pit with you guys was the most fun I have had in quite a while!!!

Iriden, Catfish, Moses, Nascat - GREAT PICS!!! Thanks! Btw, Iriden were you right beside Catfish and the girl that was with him?? Just curious.

Here are links to the rest of my pics on photobucket:

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04109.jpg

Thunder

Your pictures are fab!!!

Thanks for sharing! :kiss:

awesome pictures!!

didn't Chris add lyrics from AROBTTH to a song? my mom said she heard him do it, but I completely missed it if he really did :thinking:

I just added this video of 42 to youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAuEaTwZ9U]YouTube - Coldplay 42, Charlotte 8/7/09[/ame]