🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Hi all my new Florida friends...

You all know that after the July 19 concert in Irvine, CA, I *had* to see the boys again. So I am coming to Florida to see their last US show in God knows how long. I think I mentioned that I won a radio station contest for Cocktails with Coldplay, that ended up being a rushed photo op because they were running so late after doing a "Stripped" show in Hollywood that same night. I was really really disappointed that our meet and greet got the short end of it all. But I did get a picture from it, and I am standing right next to Will :heart: :heart: :heart: and trying not to hyperventilate. My husband is in the blue shirt next to Chris, and Chris had his right arm around my husband's shoulder. Will is taller than I thought he'd be, I'm 5'11. The resolution isn't that great but the guy who sent it to me from the radio station said it was the best he could do... Also, my daughter's ex-boyfriend works at Verizon Amphitheater, and cleaned out Coldplay's dressing room after they were gone, and found a daily schedule. He just mailed it to me.

GroupB-1.jpg

sc000274ec.jpg

Now I *really* can't wait for Aug. 9 and the PIT baby.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUh Uhhh, sec. 8 will be.....(ya wanna trade):laugh3:

Come on Tracy... sell those sec 8 tickets and join us in the PIT :)

PIT = :dance: :heart:

Dianne, at least you got the opportunity to tell them how much you love them. Many of us will die for a picture with the boys. :cool:

Lucky you!!

Thanks for sharing the schedule.

My Nikon D40 is pretty much a beginner dslr. To be honest , for the concert, I will leave it on auto. With all the different lighting , I don't trust myself on any other setting!

Starfish, you should try to come! Where in the Bay Area are you ? We used to live in Foster City , then Alameda. Two of my children were born in Oakland and Berkeley. But now we live in Orange County, 25 miles south of Disneyland.

Dianne, I'm in San Francisco. I saw your post about the meet and greet. I understand that you felt shortchanged because it didn't deliver what it had promised, cocktails, but at least you got to meet them up close, and get your pic taken with them. I think I'd be tongue-tied if I ever had a chance to really socialize with them because I could never express in words how much their music has meant to me.

Congratulations for getting a great consolation prize, Coldplay's schedule. How lucky that you knew someone who found it and was thoughtful enough to send you schedule. That makes up for the short meeting you had with them.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Wow, great story Starfish42. I become a Chris Martin fan a year ago myself. I always liked Coldplay, but I was not crazy about them as I am now.

You should come down to Tampa.

Personally, I had never been in a concert with other people who are as exited about it as I am. I can't wait to see you all in the Pit , we are going to have a great time ;). :dance:

QUOTE]

Yangarin, Dianne, MartinFan, thanks for your words of encouragement. I checked the air fares and the cheapest one costs $400 RT, so I don't think I'll be coming. I'll keep checking and if help comes from above, I'll go.

I usually am not religious, but I believe something mystical happened with my attending the Coldplay show in Wheatland. I kept checking the LiveNation website for weeks and suddenly seats opened up in the pit and in the 100s section. Prior, they had all been shown as sold out.

I told myself that, if seats opened up in the sec. right behind the pit, I'd go. Late one Sunday night, I checked and there were just two seats open, aisle seats in rows 2 and 5, and both ended up having perfect views! Not only that, but there was a Vitamin Water 2-for-1 sale for which I found the password and I immediately bought the tickets.

As if that wasn't enough, three days before the show, I got a survey by e-mail. For responding to that, I received a free upgrade to VIP parking!

The whole experience of going to that show seemed like a dream. It felt like something from above -- or who knows from where? -- but I felt the good karma returning for the love I feel for Coldplay. We had excellent views of the stage. I will never forget seeing Coldplay perform that night and sharing space with the band that makes my day seem brighter.

Therefore, I'll keep checking on air fares, etc. and if Destiny wants me to go, I am sure that things will work out. Otherwise, I feel completely blessed with having seen Coldplay in Wheatland, after having been able to go under such ideal, but very mystical circumstances.

I also went to the show at Shoreline, but was up in the stratosphere and could hardly see Coldplay, and the sound was distorted compared to the seats I had in Wheatland.

One more little detail that touched me about the Wheatland show. I can't stand the loud volume of a live show, and had brought ear plugs with me, but forget them in the car. At the gate, a security sign said, "no in and out" and I thought I would be in trouble. I explained my need for ear plugs to the lady at the gate. Almost immediately, one of the venue employees approached me and said, "You want ear plugs?" and handed me about 5 packs of them, individually wrapped in plastic! A bright orange pair fit me perfectly and I was able to enjoy the concert, able to hear Coldplay's music clearly in close range of the stage without hurting my ears!

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Dianne, that is the so cool about the pic and the daily schedule, I would frame it.

Dfitoo, it's you and me baby!!!! Well the hubby too:)

Starfish, love your Karma, hopefully it will work out.

Amy, This time around I am keeping the tickets, I just don't want to get stuck not selling them since there are still so many tickets available, I will be with ya'll next time.:kiss: My hubby would want them sold before I bought pit, and by then pit might be gone, then I would be stuck.

Kspillers, where are you at??? Pit??? Congrats on coming.

There are a lot of pit tickets left. If you go to livenation, to the ticket page, you can look at the "click and pick" map. I would say the pit is maybe 2/3 sold out. But there are only a few rows of seated tickets left, and none in sec 4-10.

Dianne, that is the so cool about the pic and the daily schedule, I would frame it.

I'm thinking about doing a collage or something. I got a set list, too, from the sound guy that night. With my hard tickets from 3 shows, butterflies, 4 cds (2 shows, 2 people), the schedule and the picture, it would be fun to have it all together. :)

That is an even better idea!!!!

My problem with the pit is I have to go to subhub or some other selling place and sell them first, then I could go to buy pit, and my luck, the pit would be gone by then, and I would be stuck with even worse than sec. 8. I check livenation everyday just to see if the place is getting close to selling out, but hasn't yet. There are sooooo many tickets up for sale on Subhub and ebay too, so I don't wanna chance trying to sell, then pay too much for the sec. I am already in or worse, and that the pit would be gone.:(

That is an even better idea!!!!

My problem with the pit is I have to go to subhub or some other selling place and sell them first, then I could go to buy pit, and my luck, the pit would be gone by then, and I would be stuck with even worse than sec. 8. I check livenation everyday just to see if the place is getting close to selling out, but hasn't yet. There are sooooo many tickets up for sale on Subhub and ebay too, so I don't wanna chance trying to sell, then pay too much for the sec. I am already in or worse, and that the pit would be gone.:(

When I won the Cocktails with Coldplay contest, it included concert tickets. But I'd already bought really good seats on Friday during the presale, and I won the tickets on Sunday. The radio station told me "don't call us, we'll call you," when they had the tickets. That was way back in March. I knew that the radio station tickets were probably better than the ones I bought, but I didn't want to take a chance selling them yet. Finally, in early July, 2 weeks before the show, they called, saying I could come pick up the tickets. Ugh, driving all the way to LA - a place I avoid as much as possible. The tix I bought were in the section behind orchestra, first row. The tix I won, were directly in front of my bought tickets, row U out of X rows. So they were a little better. I put in my facebook status that I had two tix for sale, and my neighbor bought them for her daughter. So I totally understand not wanting to take a chance that they might not sell.

I am just a big chicken:laugh3: I look at the virtual seating from the Ford Amp, and the seats are not bad at all, I will just miss all of you down getting DNA all over you, but I will be with my hubby who is lots of fun and Dfitoo is in my sec. also.

I am not a fan of Walmart, I get all my odds and ends from target, but I read someone got a Coldplay tote bag from walmart, so I went to the 2 really nice ones, NOTHING, there is one walmart thats just small and nasty, so today I thought well I'll ck it out, low and behold they HAD IT!!!!! I'ts a rolling stone cover they did a few yrs back and it is a really nice bag only 12.00, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I'm stylin, I'm stylin:dance::dance::dance:, Perfect to carry my camera, glow sticks, and my hankie for crying when it's over:(

I am not a fan of Walmart, I get all my odds and ends from target, but I read someone got a Coldplay tote bag from walmart, so I went to the 2 really nice ones, NOTHING, there is one walmart thats just small and nasty, so today I thought well I'll ck it out, low and behold they HAD IT!!!!! I'ts a rolling stone cover they did a few yrs back and it is a really nice bag only 12.00, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I'm stylin, I'm stylin:dance::dance::dance:, Perfect to carry my camera, glow sticks, and my hankie for crying when it's over:(

I got the bag!!♥

I think I might to bring a whole tissue box for crying :(

I got the bag!!♥

I think I might to bring a whole tissue box for crying :(

I know what ya mean:cry: Wait we're crying before we have even been yet:laugh3: I know I will get lots of chill bumps just before they come out, probably get teary eyed too:) The bag sure is roomy, will be great to sneak snacks into a movie too!!!

I know what ya mean:cry: Wait we're crying before we have even been yet:laugh3: I know I will get lots of chill bumps just before they come out, probably get teary eyed too:) The bag sure is roomy, will be great to sneak snacks into a movie too!!!

I was surprised that I didn't feel like crying at all when I saw them. I only felt excited and wanted to dance and "high-five" during the exciting parts of the songs like "Yeahhh, how long must you wait for it..." for "In My Place" and "Open up your eyes...," in Politik with the flashing bright white lights. Watching the clips of the show, though, I have felt the tears well up for some of the songs. I found out in another forum that it's part of the post-Coldplay-concert depression, as many others attest to feeling the same a few days after the show. That's why I felt sad that Coldplay will leave the U.S. in just a few days, not to be play any more concerts for 2-3 years. They will probably return to the studio to work on the next album.

On another unrelated topic, I estimate that each member gets about $100,000 per show (the band's fee split equally five ways, including Phil) at a venue with about 20,000, not counting additional revenues from sales of T-shirts, etc. But, on the other hand, I know nothing about how much they make and it probably varies by show. Somehow, $100k doesn't seem like enough compensation for Chris Martin, who appears to work at least twice as much as the others, with his lead vocals, running, dancing and yoga postures. But I guess it adds up quickly with the number of shows they have done. It seems to be very well-deserved and hard-earned money.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love