✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Apparatjik

squareonefivesix

;)

Glad you found this thread and joined in! It used to move a lot faster than it does now, but there are always lots of good perspectives from the Coldplay fanbase. Are you also on the Mew forum? I need to learn more about Mew one of these days, but anyway that forum is cool too and it's great to get the Mew perspective too :D

Mew is a fantastic band. Get your hands on all their records, different - but so immense that it is a great listening experience

I am also quite excited for their new material!

- on a side note, the deluxe Square Peg has Pixels and other tracks not on the CD, kind of felt cheated out, just a bit - even though we did get 10 remixes for free! :lol:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video was 'Viva la Vida' by Anton Corbijn, who, as far as I know, directed the Enjoy the Silence video. It was done as a tribute, I guess :nice: personally, I think it's much better than the official VLV video.

As for comparing the two albums, I prefer We Are Here. Describing music is rather difficult to me as I lack vocabulary and I like to think music is supposed to be felt subconsciously.

We Are Here is more emotional and atmospheric. SPIARH is very Apparatjik, too, but in my opinion, the actual album is the original draft. Maybe it's just my sentiments, because Sequential was the first Apparatjik song I've ever heard. I greatly appreciate the fact they included their fans in the process, it's a thing that only they could dare doing.

As the drafts kept coming, some alterations were amazing, the new songs were mostly good, too, but the final recording just passes by, and that's it, leaving little to none for thoughts. And I remember listening to We Are Here for the first time, it made me curious, it caught my attention.

On the other hand, when I'm listening to Apparatjik, I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I actually like that state, but I believe that Square Peg has an immense amount of secrets to be discover - such like the capital letters. Anyone has any ideas about that?

About communism, I'm too young to know what was it exactly like, so maybe I shouldn't linger on the fact at all. Also, I believe they have a reason for using it - I hope it's mocking. As I said before, I have no idea about their deeper meanings.

And back to silly and shallow me, I miss their videos. I know they've given us a lot of musical material, but I want them! :D Also, performance dates would be nice, then I could be devastated or start saving up...

I'm so embarrassed. Being a huge DM fan, I should've known that Anton Corbijn directed "Viva La Vida." Corbijn has designed DM's last six studio album covers and directed many of DM's videos, especially for Music For The Masses, Violator, Songs of Faith and Devotion, and ULTRA. Also, he's designed the stage sets for DM's last six tours.

I do enjoy Corbijn's video for VLV. It may not have the breathtaking scenes, like the video for Enjoy The Silence has, but I love seeing the European architecture in VLV. The VLV video definitely has the typical Corbijn quirkiness in it, as well. I found out that there's another video for VLV and that it was the first video made for the song. Do Coldplay fans like one more than the other?

As for your comparison of the two Apparatjik albums, I agree that We Are Here is more emotional than SPIARH. I think that getting to hear the natural voices for We Are Here helps create part of that emotion, and as I alluded to before, I think that SPIARH's Signs of Waking Up captures the emotionality from We Are Here the best.

I can understand your point about not knowing exactly what's going on with Apparatjik. So many things about them seem so cryptic and well beneath the surface. They're so random and quirky, but I enjoy that about them. I'd never known that singing songs with scientific themes could sound so wonderful. Also, it is great how interactive Apparatjik is with their fans. It seems that there aren't too many bands that do that.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the use of random capital letters for SPIARH's song titles. As for the lyrics, does anyone know where they might be found? For some songs, I have a difficult time understanding all of the words.

I would like to see some concert dates soon. From the a-ha shows that I saw in person, Magne was such a ham, and I bet that he'd be even more of a ham on stage next to Jonas, Martin, and Guy. Plus, there'd be no telling what strange outfits that they'd wear on stage. :0) However, because William7 talked about Mew working on new material, I hope that doesn't mean that there won't be any Apparatjick concerts.

;)

Glad you found this thread and joined in! It used to move a lot faster than it does now, but there are always lots of good perspectives from the Coldplay fanbase. Are you also on the Mew forum? I need to learn more about Mew one of these days, but anyway that forum is cool too and it's great to get the Mew perspective too :D

It is sad that I found out about this thread way after the time when it was moving faster. I understand that many Apparatjick-releated things have already been discussed here.

I haven't visited the Mew forum. Like you, I need to learn more about them one of these days. When I found out about Apparatjik back in 2010, I had never heard of Mew, but Jonas' voice is very good and has such range.

It would be neat to hear what Mew fans think of Apparatjik. From what I've read, Mew is more of a guitar-based band, and if many of their fans aren't into electronic music, Apparatjik might've been a shock for them. :0) In my opinion, a-ha's music is the closest to Apparatjik's music. There are obvious differences, but at least, a-ha has made several electro-based albums, like HHAL, SD, SOTR, ME/MS, and FOTM.

They seriously gave this 1 star? They don't understand...

I totally agree.

I found Apparatjik a few months ago because Guy was in it. Call me obsessed. :rolleyes:

They're an artist that's very different than the usual music I listen to but I do enjoy finally hearing Guy's vocals. I like We Are Here very much. Snow Crystals and Quiz Show are my favorites!

I honestly haven't listened to the final cut of Square Peg yet. I haven't bought it; I have one of the drafts converted to mp3 and it's very...different than what I'm used to. I have to say hearing Guy on Sequential made me very happy! I love the distortion in the track.

I uploaded We Are Here and Square Peg on my 10 year old brother's iPod, and brother LOVES them!

As I was talking about earlier in my very long post, I can see how Apparatjik's music isn't what some Mew or Coldplay fans typically listen to. Because you're obsessed with Guy, have any Coldplay fans ever said that Guy and Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, look kind of similar? ;)

Hello Apparat-chicks :)

So, what are male Apparatjik fans called? j/k :0) I found it funny that the guys came up with that term for female Apparatjik fans. They just forgot about their male fans, but I certainly don't blame them. :)

As I was talking about earlier in my very long post, I can see how Apparatjik's music isn't what some Mew or Coldplay fans typically listen to. Because you're obsessed with Guy, have any Coldplay fans ever said that Guy and Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, look kind of similar? ;)

So am I the first Coldplay fan (or the second after you;)) who says that they're looking kind of similar? Oh, and I always thought that I'm the only one who's thinking that :D

So, what are male Apparatjik fans called? j/k :0) I found it funny that the guys came up with that term for female Apparatjik fans. They just forgot about their male fans, but I certainly don't blame them. :)

Yes I forgot them. I didn't mean to :embarrassed: ..I've realised it after I wrote it down here ..so maybe they're called 'Apparatchicos'? ;) :)

So am I the first Coldplay fan (or the second after you;)) who says that they're looking kind of similar? Oh, and I always thought that I'm the only one who's thinking that :D

lol!! It's nice to know that I wasn't too crazy for thinking that Djokovic and Berryman look kind of similar. :0) It's nice to hear that you think the same thing, but because you're a bigger fan of Coldplay than I am, you've probably been thinking that they look similar much longer than I have. :0)

Yes I forgot them. I didn't mean to :embarrassed: ..I've realised it after I wrote it down here ..so maybe they're called 'Apparatchicos'? ;) :)

lmao!! Very nice!! Apparatchicos is a nice word for male Apparatjik fans. I was thinking of a more vulgar term for a male Apparatjik fan. hehe So, Apparatchicos it is. :0)

lol!! It's nice to know that I wasn't too crazy for thinking that Djokovic and Berryman look kind of similar. :0) It's nice to hear that you think the same thing, but because you're a bigger fan of Coldplay than I am, you've probably been thinking that they look similar much longer than I have. :0)

No, you're not :) And also I wouldn't think that I'm a bigger fan of them:thinking: That feeling of beeing a Coldplay fan is growing more and more since the last weeks/months. It's quite funny to see^^ You know, I'm going to the concert in Hannover in September and I have to wait for it more than 5 months :( Too long for me ;) Are you going to a concert of them? :)

lmao!! Very nice!! Apparatchicos is a nice word for male Apparatjik fans. I was thinking of a more vulgar term for a male Apparatjik fan. hehe So, Apparatchicos it is. :0)

I'm glad that you like it :)

*And I have to say sorry for my bad English!*

^ My Coldplay show is also in September, so don't worry, at least you're not alone waiting : )

I've heard male Apparats can be called Apparat-chucks.

And today's news:

APPARATJIK are confirmed for this year's Roskilde festival!

559506_10150635183641706_10248811705_9383944_1656670537_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've got their latest CD. They kept the good songs on it, imo, because the draft versions differed a lot. It's good though not as good as their first CD. But still good enough to me! To get an idea of it you can also get their free first draft of the CD, that one sounds very similiar and you get an idea of the songs that might be on it.

I'm a bit deterred by the fact not everyone will be included - it's like the opposite of 'EVERYBODY'S on stage' :D
Hahaha! That's also what I was thinking when I read the whole thing.

I've got their latest CD. They kept the good songs on it, imo, because the draft versions differed a lot. It's good though not as good as their first CD. But still good enough to me! To get an idea of it you can also get their free first draft of the CD, that one sounds very similiar and you get an idea of the songs that might be on it.

I got the CD too, and yes a lot of the content they kept in it. (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tell The Babes lol). The only disappointment I have in the album is the Blastlocket song. It's good but bleh I don't like the singing too much. I just wished they could've replaced it with .,,. [dot comma comma dot]. It's a much more unique title and it sounds better than Blastlocket. But anyways, Square Ped In A Round Hole sounds liek a big step forward from their last album!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

31056_2247494.jpg

Magne Furuholmen and Jonas Bjerre masquerading as Martin Terefe in Roskilde yesterday. The group's fourth man was playing with Coldplay somewhere else in the world

An interview with Magne A and Jonas A from yesterday via Dagsavisen: here

---

Apparatjik1_260x260.jpg

A review of yesterday's performance, giving 3/6 here

---

Twitter pictures:

?size=llink

?size=llink

AxE_TJ_CIAAFxGX.jpglink

AxFBhEsCIAElHs7.jpg

Apparatjik r playing their lullaby beats at Orange stage. Last concert & the audience r dancing into the night. #RF12 link

?size=llink