✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Apparatjik

squareonefivesix

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's alright, they're releasing it on 21/02/2012. Coincidence on the date there? Pfft. Unlikely.

Here's the email...

APPARATJIK - NEW ALBUM

'Square Peg In A Round Hole'

The first widely released Apparatjik album produced by you, our comrades.

THE COMMITTEE HAS JUST RELEASED THE FIRST OF 11 VERSIONS OF THE ALBUM IN OUR IPAD MAGAZINE 'APPARATJIK WORLD'.

OTHER RELEASINGS. 11 MORE TIMES. OTHER PLACINGS. INFORMATIONS SOON.

WE ARE HERE. YOU ARE THERE.

ENTER THE APPARATJIK COMMUNICATION SPHERE- WE SENDINGS - MEET YOUR RESPONDINGS...

More bassification.

Newer songings?

More Magne A vocalings?

Synthesizer soloings by Jonas A?

Bedtime story by Martin A?

Falsetto tunings by Guy A?

You want to re-mix? apparatjik lets you premix

Further instructionings from the committee in 168 earth hour units

Who's pumped? I'm pumped :dance:

:wacky:

Jeej! I'll look there again. Was hoping some more people here would be able to help me, because there's loads and loads of people on this forum, but of course they don't all read this thread. Now I am thinking ... I haven't even checked the Technologicalized forum here :thinking:

Sure I will find a program, and will let apparatchicks know how it works! :)

So I re-installed Audicity again and it works fine for this purpose (taken into account that I am a remix n00b)

I had the strong suspicion that the end of .,,. played backwards would be the same as the intro ... did it in Audicity and I was right! :D

Apparatjik - Square Peg In A Round Hole (yes, this is Guy Berryman's band...)

Apparatjik's brand new album. ARE YOU EXCITED????

Apparatjik-Square_Peg_In_A_Round_Hole.gif

The first edition of the album was released via the "Apparatjik World" iPad App. There will be a further 10 more editions of the album leading up to the final version of the album in February of 2012. Yes, there are versions being released!

The unique part about this album is that this album is being produced with the help of Apparatjik Fans allover the world. :shocked2:

The album will be released in February, 2012. :D

For more information, read the wikipedia article I founded.

For those who don't know Apparatjik (pronounced /æpəˈrætʃɪk/ ap-ə-rat-chik), they are a European-based supergroup made up of personalities such as:

Guy Berryman, bass; You should know who he is.

Jonas Bjerre, lead vocals, guitar; lead singer and guitarist of Danish rock-trio Mew.

Magne Furuholmen, guitar, keyboards; guitarist and keyboardist of pop band A-ha.

Martin Terefe, drums; successful song writer and album producer for many European bands and acts.

By The Way, have you ever heard Guy Berryman sing? This is him doing lead vocals on "Sequential", the second track on the first edition of the album:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GN6UabTBk]Apparatjik - Sequential[/ame]

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! :dazzled:

We are running...

We are hiding...

In the shadows...

From the demons that come in the night...

We are dreaming...

and we are finding...

That the circuits inside are

Sequentiallllll........

Are Sequentiallllll.......

:dance:

Apparatjik - Square Peg In A Round Hole (yes, this is Guy Berryman's band...)

Apparatjik's brand new album. ARE YOU EXCITED????

Apparatjik-Square_Peg_In_A_Round_Hole.gif

The first edition of the album was released via the "Apparatjik World" iPad App. There will be a further 10 more editions of the album leading up to the final version of the album in February of 2012. Yes, there are versions being released!

The unique part about this album is that this album is being produced with the help of Apparatjik Fans allover the world. :shocked2:

The album will be released in February, 2012. :D

For more information, read the wikipedia article I founded.

For those who don't know Apparatjik (pronounced /æpəˈrætʃɪk/ ap-ə-rat-chik), they are a European-based supergroup made up of personalities such as:

Jonas Bjerre, lead vocals, guitar; lead singer and guitarist of Danish rock-trio Mew.

Magne Furuholmen, guitar, keyboards; guitarist and keyboardist of pop band A-ha.

Martin Terefe, drums; successful song writer and album producer for many European bands and acts.

By The Way, have you ever heard Guy Berryman sing? This is him doing lead vocals on "Sequential", the second track on the first edition of the album:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GN6UabTBk]Apparatjik - Sequential[/ame]

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!! :dazzled:

We are running...

We are hiding...

In the shadows...

From the demons that come in the night...

We are dreaming...

and we are finding...

That the circuits inside are

Sequentiallllll........

Are Sequentiallllll.......

:dance:

Hello Razor Eye - there's an Apparatjik thread already. Lots of us discussing the new album in there, come join us :D

btw, I doubt that the structure of the band is this clear-cut ypu know. From the live shows they've done so far, it's evident Martin plays a lot of the guitar on their tracks and Guy's more likely to play drum machine than bass. They tend to mix things up a lot, rather than have each member labelled as playing a certain instrument. One of the attractions of Apparatjik for them is that level of freedom, I expect :cool:

I had the strong suspicion that the end of .,,. played backwards would be the same as the intro ... did it in Audicity and I was right! :D

Oh yeah, I see what you mean, it does sound backwards. :thumbsup:

I love the way the intro starts all simple and relaxed and gradually more blips and noises get added and it gets more electronicy

No, I am also just experimenting with it and trying to find out what cool stuff you can do with it.

I wish I could get different lines for different instruments or at least the vocals separate. I can't alter an instrument (eg. take away a beat or lower a voice) and leave the rest the same.

Did they also give the songs in such a format? That makes it more workable?

you know they do not consider a band. they said that is not a band of musicians they are always changing profile in facebook.

always remain in the description:

Biographie : There is no about apparatjik. there is only with or against apparatjik. we have been left too long in this cold outlandish place to be denied. granted, some of us have certain characteristics, some have others. but we all share the same genepool. but nothing. no buts, no ifs. it starts with an experiment and continues with another. and so it goes. one day you come home and find a different you in the mirror. hullo. days are nowhere nearly done before they are gone. change the frequency. sleepless saga nights; frozen fingers, frozen moments of zen. and the realization:

we were somewhere. somewhere else we were. not no more. we are here.

anyway I can not put all in my bed to get warm. I have no soul, I am alone, depressed. but we want all companies. in the music (a drum program) images pictures that stuff does not make sense.

Lory, that is why they are now getting us involved in making remixes and coming up with ideas for versions. Everyone can be an Apparatjik and it's more a collective of artists (musically/artistically/whateverally) than a proper band.

Let it warm your mind and your bed doesn't matter :sunny:

Latinos are the Apparatjiks in an alternative universe, just like the lost, lonely people. Your other version is not here (neither are all the others), but that's okay because we are here :daisy:

The Banana song might actually be about a banana ... or not. If the banana is put in a room with a chimpazee, after a certain time ... will it be eaten by the chimp or not? If, at that moment we do not know, does this mean that the banana is both still there and eaten by the chimpazee? Did in this universe where we do not know if the chimp already ate the banana, the universe just branch out again and which one would you like to enter when you will check if the banana has already been eaten or not? The universe with or without the sick chimpazee?

:thinking: Personally, I'd love to think of now's version of Your voice needs subtitles as a remix. Get out the remix beat and then play with it with high-fi/low-fi. This could be something completely else, yet just as good as the present song :square:

[edit]Ah! if you enter the contest on apparatjik.com they let you donwload the workable files! :D Perfect! Now I can do more messing up :wacky:

Can't open Your Voice Needs Subtitles, though. The zip is not correct it says :S

PS. if the above doesn't make sense to you, read something about the example of Schrödinger's cat and why this was used and ja all that superposition/quantum wave function jazz. Sounds familiar? ;)