🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

PHOENIX

Dejan

It's a shame you couldn't be there but next time perhaps you will be. ;) Yes I saw both opening acts. Both Girls and Grizzly Bear are both worth researching in my opinion. :) I'd never heard any of Grizzly Bear's music before but they were pretty good. :D They got the crowd going for Phoenix. :)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's show was FANTASTIC, from the very first song (Lisztomania) all the way to the last(1901)!!!! I had a really good time. It seemed like they were on only for a very short time, but that time was worthwhile. I loved how they came out into the crowd and played some songs there. Thomas Mars(singer) sang a song in French and it was sooo beautiful! :heart: I think he sings even more beautiful in French that in English! It was definitely one of the highlights of the night for me along with my favorite song from them of course, Rome! I wanted them to sing Rome twice!:lol: I really love that song. All of the light effects were brilliant. During the show Thomas said something about how they couldn't sleep the night before because they were so excited to playing at the Hollywood Bowl, and that it meant a lot to them to be playing there.He said it was the best place they've ever played at. :awesome: I'm really glad the event was sold out because they really deserved for thousands of people to be cheering them on. What I found really brave and incredible of them is that at the very end after 1901, Thomas went out into the crowd and he was thanking us for coming and when he went back on stage he invited everyone on the front rows to come on stage and dance along to some instrumental music they were randomly playing!!! I was sooo jealous; I really wanted to be up there with them too!! I had never seen a band actually let the crowd come on stage. That was awesome! I have to say that after this show I am definitely a bigger Phoenix fan! I can't wait until I have the opportunity to see them again, which I hope is sometime in the near future because Thomas said they'll be back soon!!! :dance:

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!

I'd love to hear that french song, they didn't play it when I saw them :wacko:

And wow, letting the first rows come on stage is so nice and cool from them!

Last night's show was FANTASTIC, from the very first song (Lisztomania) all the way to the last(1901)!!!! I had a really good time. It seemed like they were on only for a very short time, but that time was worthwhile. I loved how they came out into the crowd and played some songs there. Thomas Mars(singer) sang a song in French and it was sooo beautiful! :heart: I think he sings even more beautiful in French that in English! It was definitely one of the highlights of the night for me along with my favorite song from them of course, Rome! I wanted them to sing Rome twice!:lol: I really love that song. All of the light effects were brilliant. During the show Thomas said something about how they couldn't sleep the night before because they were so excited to playing at the Hollywood Bowl, and that it meant a lot to them to be playing there.He said it was the best place they've ever played at. :awesome: I'm really glad the event was sold out because they really deserved for thousands of people to be cheering them on. What I found really brave and incredible of them is that at the very end after 1901, Thomas went out into the crowd and he was thanking us for coming and when he went back on stage he invited everyone on the front rows to come on stage and dance along to some instrumental music they were randomly playing!!! I was sooo jealous; I really wanted to be up there with them too!! I had never seen a band actually let the crowd come on stage. That was awesome! I have to say that after this show I am definitely a bigger Phoenix fan! I can't wait until I have the opportunity to see them again, which I hope is sometime in the near future because Thomas said they'll be back soon!!! :dance:

That's so awesome!!! I'm hoping I'll have enough money to go see them at a festival they'll be playing at here next year :bomb:

OMFG ! You just made me very jealous :tongue:! I've already been to one of their shows so I totally get how awesome they can be :wacky:! Argh I want to see them again. Besides they didn't let the crowd come on stage at my concert, that is NOT FAIR :bomb:! lol

I'd really like to know the title of that french song too...

I read this at pitchfork and thought it was really cool/awesome!

Download Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Multitrack and Remix the Album Yourself

Because you can never have too many Phoenix remixes

Download Phoenix's <i>Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix</i> Multitrack and Remix the Album Yourself

Photo on front page by Kirstie Shanley; photo by Natalie Kardos

As Phoenix wind down the touring cycle behind their masterful 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, they're offering fans free downloads of the multitrack recordings-- i.e., each song broken down into individual files for bass, drums, vocals, guitars, etc.-- for the entire album. They wrote on their site: "We want to thank you with a few presents before our last shows in the U.S. for a while. (You never know how long we'll take to record the next album.)"

Of course, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is probably one of the most remixed albums of all time (there's even an official collection of redos), but maybe you can finally unlock some hidden secrets behind "Lisztomania". Or just make a chillwave remix. Either one.

Download the multitrack files here.

Posted by Ryan Dombal on September 20, 2010 at 1 p.m.

http://pitchfork.com/news/40106-download-phoenixs-iwolfgang-amadeus-phoenixi-multitrack-and-remix-the-album-yourself/

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!

I'd love to hear that french song, they didn't play it when I saw them :wacko:

And wow, letting the first rows come on stage is so nice and cool from them!

OMFG ! You just made me very jealous :tongue:! I've already been to one of their shows so I totally get how awesome they can be :wacky:! Argh I want to see them again. Besides they didn't let the crowd come on stage at my concert, that is NOT FAIR :bomb:! lol

I'd really like to know the title of that french song too...

I don't remember if he said the name of it but he said it was a french classic so maybe you two have heard it before. ;) I just recall some lyrics saying 'cheveaux blonde' I think. :P Perhaps someone posted it on youtube already, I'll have to check sometime. :)

If it makes you guys feel any better, I didn't get to go on stage with them either. :P

That's so awesome!!! I'm hoping I'll have enough money to go see them at a festival they'll be playing at here next year :bomb:

Hopefully you do! :D

are there rumours for a new album? theyre touring australia in february 2011 and i wouldve thought they would be here in support of a new album.

Just see above what Thomas said concerning the album in free DL: gift to the fan cause they don't know how long it will take to record the next one :rolleyes:

I don't remember if he said the name of it but he said it was a french classic so maybe you two have heard it before. ;) I just recall some lyrics saying 'cheveaux blonde' I think. :P Perhaps someone posted it on youtube already, I'll have to check sometime. :)

If it makes you guys feel any better, I didn't get to go on stage with them either. :P

Cheveaux blonde? Haha that's cute but I don't know which song it could be :D

Thanks anyway, tell us if you find it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OH HELL YES.

Phoenix is headlining Night 2 of this year's KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in Los Angeles! (along with Florence & the Machine, Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, Broken Bells, etc.) Should make up for the fact that I unfortunately missed them in September.

OH HELL YES.

Phoenix is headlining Night 2 of this year's KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in Los Angeles! (along with Florence & the Machine, Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, Broken Bells, etc.) Should make up for the fact that I unfortunately missed them in September.

great line up :o

Phoenix concert tomorrow :awesome:

I hate you both. D:

Not actually. But really.