🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Talk in Haiku, rule - of verse is five seven five - syllables in three.

Cobalt

I am actually genuinely thinking about learning Japanese, I bought a book, but figured that's not really enough, so I'm thinking about getting a pack which has software which has voice recognition etc, it looks amazing

it's a complicated language. hard to learn without a teacher or a really good Japanese for Dummies book or something. Learning more than just konnichiwa or asking someone's telephone number is pretty difficult. :/

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a complicated language. hard to learn without a teacher or a really good Japanese for Dummies book or something. Learning more than just konnichiwa or asking someone's telephone number is pretty difficult. :/

Well that's the thing, this package actually has bits where you get to test your speaking ability at the end of each level, it sounds great but it's a bit expensive.

finished my mango

sweet smelling head off to bed

talk amongst yourselves

Goodnight sleepy-head

Your mango-fresh locks smell great

Your lucky pillow!

I am actually genuinely thinking about learning Japanese, I bought a book, but figured that's not really enough, so I'm thinking about getting a pack which has software which has voice recognition etc, it looks amazing

Learning Japanese is a huge endeavour. Easy to start and get in to to a basic level, but years of absolute dedication to master (including at least one to two years living there if you have any intention of trying to achieve proficiency). To be fluent? Five years hard work, very hard work, I'd say.

For starters try to download the Pimsleur course from torrents. It's rather 'unnatural' in a sense (the same sense in which blatantly non-native English speakers grab your hand when you first meet and loudly exclaim 'how do you do') but in every other way (intonation, grammar, sentence structure etc) it's good. Lots of near-fluent friends have sworn by it.

Here endeth the off-topicness.

I really should be packing now :escaping:

Had to listen to one more song before sleep and guess what :stunned:

exit light enter

night take my hand we're off to

never never land

Am I actually getting the haiku thing?

EDIT: thanks for the haikus Tonsu :nice:

So you're actually going to India? Have a great time, looking fwd to towel day :)

nah, "this is japan" would be nihon desu

nihongo is the language - nihon is the island. :D

and I lied about going to sleep

but I actually am going to now.

Thanks for the romaji (now that I am pretty good at!)

It's a good thing my Japanese friends don't come on this forum, or they would realise just how much I pretend to understand kanji and kana when I don't :embarassed::lol:

Had to listen to one more song before sleep and guess what :stunned:

exit light enter

night take my hand we're off to

never never land

Am I actually getting the haiku thing?

YES :P

When inspiration

"strikes" me, it's usually

not pretty, sadly.

Although I do have

a few finished poems that

my friends say are good... :/

Personally I think they're pretty bad and my friends just want me to feel better about myself, though. :P