✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-May-2009: Nissan Pavilion, Washington, DC, USA

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the show and downloading pictures now. Got a couple of money shots but the rest are crap - Mr. Martin just a big blur in different poses :laugh3:

However I was standing in front of Guy so I do have some excellent pictures of him to post!

Was great to meet some Coldplayer there, what a blast!

More tomorrow, I'm wrecked - night all :kiss:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY FUCKING GOD!

two feet from Chris- CHECK

hundreds of pictures- CHECK

Videos of Chris singing two feet away from me- CHECK

LeftRightLeftRightLeft- CHECK

Butterflies that Chris touched- CHECK

SETLIST!!!- CHECK

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! I need to calm down a bit and then I'll post stuff ahawuiefgnwbieubfnaiwubgalweub

SETLIST!!!- CHECK

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! I need to calm down a bit and then I'll post stuff ahawuiefgnwbieubfnaiwubgalweub

Awesome!:dance:

SETLIST!!!- CHECK

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was there, front row of pit right in front of Guy. The back of my head will probably end up in somebodies pictures. Concert was amazing. To me better than the 2 Verizon center shows...not sure if it was the addition of a couple new songs or being right up front. Either way awesome.

Also getting out of the parking lot in under 15 minutes...uhhh...awesome!

So my friend and I got to the venue at 3:30-ish, and we were the first ones there :lol: Except some weird dudes and LIZ!!! She was standing over to the side, and we both kinda eyed each other first before we went "are you... LIZ?/ZOE?" :P It was so exciting to finally meet her, we settled down at the gate and immediately started talking about Coldplay at a million miles an hour (I think my friend was scared of us :lol:)

People started lining up gradually, and we were still in front. We befriended some other pit-people, and we all agreed to form an alliance to get front row. Finally at 6:30 they opened the gates, but they let these stupid Best Buy Rewards people in first... We started yelling and yelling until they sent over our own security guard to let us in :P Nice!

So then we sprinted to the pit, and settled in right at the corner where the IMP ramp meets the stage (the ramps are about 10 feet long now, and SOO close to the barriers, as you'll see in my pics/vids). Liz had her sign, and I hastily made one that said "Everything's Not Lost"... Suddenly I look up and we see Chloe backstage, and she was taking pictures of the crowd. And then I looked over and Miller was taking pictures of US! So Liz and I freaked out and held up our signs, and both Miller and Chloe took pictures :dance: We'll see if they ever show up anywhere... Liz and I befriended the security guard in front of us (LOVE YOU GLEN!), and told him how much we wanted setlists/picks/anything... He was so sweet, he put up with our obsessing for hours :P We yelled to the roadies, who gave us thumbs-up :nice:

Then the concert started!!!!! They were so close, Liz and I immediately burst out crying. :lol: During IMP Jonny and Guy walked onto our ramp, so close that we could've touched them! And then Chris ran onto it, and he was so close that I had to zoom out and turn my camera sideways (I took video of the whole thing :D). I was screaming my head off... Chris was in a very cheery mood, he was talking to us a lot, made us sing the end of Yellow to Will, he made up a little song when they played the lawn... We were right in front of Guy, and he kept looking at us and smiling! They were all incredibly energetic, and it was amazing to be so close to them.

During Lost, Chris put on the dragon head again and came onto our ramp! I video taped it, but he was dancing RIGHT THERE, and then he dropped the dragon head and it fell at my feet! AWESOME :D Guy's bass broke during VLV, he was PISSED. LIJ was amazingly incredibly beautiful, I have about 1.5 minutes of video of Chris dancing 2 feet away from me as the butterflies fell, and then he looked right at us! :nice: We screamed so loudly during the bows (they all came onto our ramp) that Guy, Chris, and Jonny all looked at us :D Our buddy Glen gave us some of the butterflies that they'd stepped on during their bows :dance:

After it was over, everyone was trying for a setlist, and I managed to beat the girls next to me because a Roadie threw me a setlist! It's amazing :nice:

K, I'm gonna cut myself off now because I'm going crazy :P I'll leave you with the first of many pictures...

INCREDIBLE ZOE!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so amazing!!!!

I can't believe you guys got there at 3:30 and you were the only ones in line!

My brother and i were planning on going super duper early in the morning!

I'm so damn excited for my concert now!

Congratulations!

And i can't wait to see the videos and pics!

:dance: :dance:

Hey now I was one of those stupid best buy people! lol. And how did you get in at 330...I was wondering how those few people who were in line got there because they would not let me in the parking lot...I kept circling and circling and they said 4pm...so right as they were about to make me circle again the guy got the call and let us in so as far as I knew I was the first regular car in...but there were like 10 people there sitting in front of trash cans when I showed up/

Ooooooh, I have so much more to share! :bomb:

Liz has the most exciting news, though, but I'm not allowed to share it! :lipsrsealed2:

edit: ^Sorry, we were just angry :P I was the one shouting at the regular gate with a couple of other people :lol: And I was one of those people in front of trash cans! We didn't need to park, we were dropped off, so they let us in @ 3:30 ;)

Ooh, that's not even my best pic! And wait until you see my videos! You know how Angie had that IMP video where she had to turn the camera sideways? I have like 4 videos like that! :dance: :dance:

And I'm gonna have to write a sequel to my review, I left so much out! :wreck: It was quite the day... by the way, I filled my bag completely with butterflies, I can't find anything in my bag now because there are so many butterflies :lol:

I just read through the thread & your twitter responses, and you guys are all officially the BEST EVER! You're all so sweet :nice: Sorry that my pics fizzled out, I was a bit busy crying and screaming, etc :P