✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-May-2009: Nissan Pavilion, Washington, DC, USA

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahahaha, I just dumped out my bag, and I did NOT realize how many butterflies I took :P I think I have at least a thousand, I don't remember taking this many! :laugh3: :laugh3: And guys, I'm freaking out because I was just looking at the butterflies that my BFF Glen gave me from the ramp, and there's a SHOEPRINT ON IT! One of the boys' shoeprints on my butterfly!!!!!!!!!

edit: ^yeah, but Will thought it was really funny :lol: at first he was like "you alright?", but then he kept looking over and laughing :P

Okay, I'm about to crash with fatigue so I've gotta get off :nice: I'll finish my stories tomorrow, plus upload the rest of my pics and my crazy exciting videos of AWESOMENESS (aka Chris two feet away, looking at ME :wacky:)!!

Band deserved a better response, crowd inexplicably comatose

I have never seen (and probably never will see again) a band of this caliber WORK this hard to get an audience excited. I don't know what the hell was wrong with the crowd, but my wife immediately noticed it as well. Chris joked about it (something like maybe there was a mistake and the crowd expected Celine Dion), but for the rest of the show he tried everything he could to get some kind of response.

Chris and the guys were fantastic. They seemed to be having fun despite the pathetic response. This was our third time to see them on this tour, so we've come to expect an awesome show and they did not disappoint.

I just have to say that these guys must have hearts of gold. They didn't need to play this concert, and after it became apparent that the crowd just didn't get it, they could have cut their losses and just played the rest of the show as though nothing was wrong. God knows that would have been easier.

Amazing show from an amazing band.

So my friend and I got to the venue at 3:30-ish, and we were the first ones there :lol: Except some weird dudes and LIZ!!! She was standing over to the side, and we both kinda eyed each other first before we went "are you... LIZ?/ZOE?" :P It was so exciting to finally meet her, we settled down at the gate and immediately started talking about Coldplay at a million miles an hour (I think my friend was scared of us :lol:)

People started lining up gradually, and we were still in front. We befriended some other pit-people, and we all agreed to form an alliance to get front row. Finally at 6:30 they opened the gates, but they let these stupid Best Buy Rewards people in first... We started yelling and yelling until they sent over our own security guard to let us in :P Nice!

So then we sprinted to the pit, and settled in right at the corner where the IMP ramp meets the stage (the ramps are about 10 feet long now, and SOO close to the barriers, as you'll see in my pics/vids). Liz had her sign, and I hastily made one that said "Everything's Not Lost"... Suddenly I look up and we see Chloe backstage, and she was taking pictures of the crowd. And then I looked over and Miller was taking pictures of US! So Liz and I freaked out and held up our signs, and both Miller and Chloe took pictures :dance: We'll see if they ever show up anywhere... Liz and I befriended the security guard in front of us (LOVE YOU GLEN!), and told him how much we wanted setlists/picks/anything... He was so sweet, he put up with our obsessing for hours :P We yelled to the roadies, who gave us thumbs-up :nice:

Then the concert started!!!!! They were so close, Liz and I immediately burst out crying. :lol: During IMP Jonny and Guy walked onto our ramp, so close that we could've touched them! And then Chris ran onto it, and he was so close that I had to zoom out and turn my camera sideways (I took video of the whole thing :D). I was screaming my head off... Chris was in a very cheery mood, he was talking to us a lot, made us sing the end of Yellow to Will, he made up a little song when they played the lawn... We were right in front of Guy, and he kept looking at us and smiling! They were all incredibly energetic, and it was amazing to be so close to them.

During Lost, Chris put on the dragon head again and came onto our ramp! I video taped it, but he was dancing RIGHT THERE, and then he dropped the dragon head and it fell at my feet! AWESOME :D Guy's bass broke during VLV, he was PISSED. LIJ was amazingly incredibly beautiful, I have about 1.5 minutes of video of Chris dancing 2 feet away from me as the butterflies fell, and then he looked right at us! :nice: We screamed so loudly during the bows (they all came onto our ramp) that Guy, Chris, and Jonny all looked at us :D Our buddy Glen gave us some of the butterflies that they'd stepped on during their bows :dance:

After it was over, everyone was trying for a setlist, and I managed to beat the girls next to me because a Roadie threw me a setlist! It's amazing :nice:

K, I'm gonna cut myself off now because I'm going crazy :P I'll leave you with the first of many pictures...

That's awesome Zoe I'm so happy for you and Liz ! :dance:

I can't wait for Liz' news, since she seems to have something to tell us :sneaky:

And can't wait for your pics too ! What an amazing show ! :cheesy:

I have never seen (and probably never will see again) a band of this caliber WORK this hard to get an audience excited. I don't know what the hell was wrong with the crowd, but my wife immediately noticed it as well. Chris joked about it (something like maybe there was a mistake and the crowd expected Celine Dion), but for the rest of the show he tried everything he could to get some kind of response.

Chris and the guys were fantastic. They seemed to be having fun despite the pathetic response. This was our third time to see them on this tour, so we've come to expect an awesome show and they did not disappoint.

I just have to say that these guys must have hearts of gold. They didn't need to play this concert, and after it became apparent that the crowd just didn't get it, they could have cut their losses and just played the rest of the show as though nothing was wrong. God knows that would have been easier.

(minus the coldplayers on front row)...the crowds lack of enthusiasm shows in the above vids. So sad, when the band puts out so much to please.:\

A few awesome vids already :D

Glass of water

Death and All His Friends

The Scientist

Great vids. Thanks for posting Michie. Can't wait to hear Glass of Water live - it sounds awesome. :dance: And could his voice be ANY more beautiful - sounds perfect on that vid of The Scientist:heart:

:dozey: Err...the DAAHF vid is from 2008 gig.;)

try this :

Ah well, this is what happens when a band tours the exact same cities three times on the same tour. :dozey:

Ah well, this is what happens when a band tours the exact same cities three times on the same tour. :dozey:

Thankfully that didnt happen on the fourth night of the sydney show :D:smug:

A night to Remember

Last night at Nissan was my fourth time seeing Coldplay in the last four years. I have to say, each time it gets better. I sat in the first row on the right after the mosh pit. Remembering how the guys left the stage to get to the back crowd at Verizon (where I happened to be 5 feet from them then), I was able to see them jog past me as they headed to the back of the crowd. I screamed, "WILL!!," and he gave my hand a high five. Then Chris ran by and I touched his shoulder. WHen they finished their set, they came back the same way and i kinda grabbed Chris' arm- SORRY! Nevertheless, it was a memorable night- 'Fix You' always has me crying, and the yellow confetti filled balloons were awesome- didn't get those at Verizon last year when they performed 'Yellow.' I'm still trying to find out where I can get that techno version of Vivia la Vida that played while they madee their way back from visiting the Lawn. Anybody know, I'd greatly appreciated it. Thank you Nissan Pavilion for allowing me to bring my Nikon SLR w/ long zoom- (no, it's not a professional camera)- but the shots that I took 300+ was worth it! I even scooped up a whole bunch of butterflies that landed in front of me to put in my scrapbook. he BEST concert I have ever been to. Thanks. - Elizabeth M.

Last night at Nissan was my fourth time seeing Coldplay in the last four years. [...]

- Elizabeth M.

Hi Elizabeth!!

Glad to hear you had a good time!! :dance:

Will you share some of your pics with us? That would be amazing!

The Thin White Duke Remix of VLV had been available for download on CP.com a while ago, you can now get it here (working link on page 6).

Looking forward to see you around the forum!

I have lotsssssss of Chrissy pictures :wideeyed:

dscn0770.jpg

That one ^^ is really gorgeous....

Weeeee Zoe..:dance::dance:

I love it when Coldplayers get extra goodies from the shows!!! Yay Coldplaying Karma

Maybe the reaction of the crowd had to do with the fact that they have essentially played the same city three times in the last 10 months. Regardless, they were outstanding last night.