✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2-Aug-2009: Coldplay Headlining All Points West Music & Arts Festival, New Jersey

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bigcry:.

i can't go.

i'm going to be in san francisco on august 2nd. i just remembered. :laugh4:.

....i'll try to move things around. :P

Boooo!!! :bigcry:

so are we allowed to bring anything in with us?

Check the website, they have a big section of FAQ with lists of what you can and can't bring in.

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about going to this, but I have a few questions.

1. Do you think it's possible to get really close (first front rows)?

2. Do you think they'll play a shortened setlist?

3. How early should one get there to get the best view?

Thanks!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

^they cancelled Jones beach, did you hear they were coming back to long Island?

i am getting there late, ya gotta get there bright and early if you want front row, take ca look at the other festivals they have played and see what the set list was to get an idea of what they might be playing

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about going to this, but I have a few questions.

1. Do you think it's possible to get really close (first front rows)?

2. Do you think they'll play a shortened setlist?

3. How early should one get there to get the best view?

Thanks!! :)

I imagine it's possible to get up close... just difficult. I think you'd have to park yourself there from the moment the gates open and not move all day, which could be not fun when there are other stages with other bands playing and food/beverage stands and bathrooms to visit. :confused: I don't know what I'll be doing yet, I guess it depends on who's playing what stage, which I guess we'll know whenever they release the schedule. I do really want to see a couple of the other bands there, but I know in my heart of hearts it's going to kill me if I can't see Coldplay up close. So we'll see. :P

As for the setlist, well, since they are the last act and headlining, I feel like they would play a full set. Didn't they play full sets (or at least something very close to a full set) at the festivals in Europe last week?

Oh, and Longlivelife, I wouldn't hold my breath for LI, unfortunately! :bigcry: They cancelled the Jones Beach date, and if you look at their tour schedule I don't really think it could be fit in there... after all they've been on tour for over a year now, and after they finish in the states this summer they head back to Europe (and then hopefully Latin America??? :bomb:) and then I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end of the tour. :thinking: But we'll see I guess, you never know what will happen next summer! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I don't think it's likely anyone without the super VIP tickets will get to be in the front. Being so short I don't think I'll be able to see anything but I'll enjoy it. I'm on the waiting list for Oxfam so I still didn't get my ticket yet, not that I think it'll sell out.

They put out the schedule. Coldplay will be on at 9:15pm. Kinda sucks that MGMT will be on at the same time on a different stage, was looking forward to hearing what they sound like.

apw2009_sunday.jpg

this really sucks that they are pushing all the great bands (i wanna see) at the end and coinciding with eachother.

I was at APW last year for Radiohead and you can get pretty close. I was watching Andrew Bird and arrived to Radiohead's set right at the end of Underworld playing. I'd say I was probably about 30 or so rows from the stage, which was nice. If you want to get in the front row you'll probably have to get there early though.

:)oh okay.

Then when are you planning to come there atleast by 5 or 6?

Don't know where we get to stand in that many people who may also see other bands.

It'll be huge competition to try to get close to them in all those people.:dozey:

this really sucks that they are pushing all the great bands (i wanna see) at the end and coinciding with eachother.

I was at APW last year for Radiohead and you can get pretty close. I was watching Andrew Bird and arrived to Radiohead's set right at the end of Underworld playing. I'd say I was probably about 30 or so rows from the stage, which was nice. If you want to get in the front row you'll probably have to get there early though.

Is the VIP section right in front of stage??? or to the side or something?:thinking:

And yeah, count me in as disappointed about MGMT, but the point of going to this was to see Coldplay, anything else is a bonus. I was bummed out for a day, and now I'm over it, and getting excited that 1week from today will be standing in the heat&humidity(pls God, no rain!!!) in anticipation to see the boys!:D :dance:

:)oh okay.

Then when are you planning to come there atleast by 5 or 6?

Don't know where we get to stand in that many people who may also see other bands.

It'll be huge competition to try to get close to them in all those people.:dozey:

I'll probably be there early on, like 2-ish... but i still don't know

Is the VIP section right in front of stage??? or to the side or something?:thinking:

And yeah, count me in as disappointed about MGMT, but the point of going to this was to see Coldplay, anything else is a bonus. I was bummed out for a day, and now I'm over it, and getting excited that 1week from today will be standing in the heat&humidity(pls God, no rain!!!) in anticipation to see the boys!:D :dance:

the VIP section is very misleading. I figured that it'd be great seats. Well when I saw the map for the show the VIP was all the way in the back. I mean they may have changed it but i don't think so.

yeah... well last year when i saw radiohead the VIP were in the back. so before they came on all people were rushing to the front. Some friends of some friends of mine ended up getting to the festival as soon as it started to get to the front of the stage. I won't do this for coldplay, but if Radiohead comes around again... i might :P

I don't know if this has been posted here yet... :thinking:

Jay-Z To Replace Beastie Boys At All Points West

Show will be Jigga's first-ever North American festival date.

Jul 23 2009 12:28 PM EDT

By Gil Kaufman

281x211.jpg

Jay-Z has been tapped to replace the Beastie Boys at the All Points West festival in New Jersey. The Jigga man has agreed to step in to perform his first-ever set at a U.S. festival just days after it was announced that the B-Boys would have to drop out of four North American festival shows in light of Adam "MCA" Yauch's upcoming cancer treatment.

Jay will take the stage on July 31, opening night of the three-day event in Liberty State Park, topping a bill that will feature fellow headliners Tool and Coldplay, as well as sets from Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arctic Monkeys and MGMT. While Jay has rocked audiences at the Glastonbury Festival in England, Denmark's Roskilde Festival and London's O2 Wireless Festival, this will mark the first time he will perform at a major U.S. festival.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616786/20090723/jay_z.jhtml

Any chance he'll be around for Coldplay's performance and help out on Lost?? :P