🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not too bad being a subscriber, you had it posted to you. I'll have to actually walk into a shop, pick up a magazine with Take That on the front and pay for it. Oh the shame.... where did I put that fake beard... :thinking:

:lol:

:laugh3: but I don't really have a choice...I don't live in Paris and the only place that sold it in my town close a few weeks ago :confused: so now, I can't found it nowhere here...Plus, they sold it at almost 9 € (so twice the UK price!) and since I was buying it almost every month, it became cheaper to just suscribe! But I'm glad I did, Q always write about bands I like so... :D (and they seem to love Kashitian a lot :dozey: )

Anyway, back on Elbow I can't wait to hear the new stuff!! the songs titles and Q description of it are very intriguing!!

Jesus is a Rochdale Girl

This one really intrigue me :sneaky: I love the title :lol: But they could call their song 'poop', I would love it...I trust them, it's gonna be legen-wait for it-dary :smug:

Starting the countdown to next spring!!!

haha yeah great title. I can't imagine there's been many songs in the history of rock and roll written about Rochdale :lol:

I like the sound of some songs being quite stripped back and minimilistic and some being rich, grand things. I'm glad there's not gonna be something as instantly lovable as One Day Like This tho too, as good as that song is, they've done that sort of song on the last album and they've aimed for something different this time :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I know, it's gonna be incredible; Elbow, Coldplay, Kasabian. Can't wait :wacky:

...Snow Patrol, Florence+The Machine, Tired Pony, U2, and in the 'maybes' Franz Ferdinand and Paolo :awesome: My gig schedule will be a nightmare.... :rolleyes4: and I think I can already say to my bank account: RIP :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just recieved it on my mail box!!

header_21-12-10.jpg

Yes, it's true. Elbow will be releasing their fifth studio album 'build a rocket boys!' on 7th March 2011.

The album was recorded at Blueprint Studios in Salford and was again produced and mixed by keyboard player Craig Potter.

You can preorder your copy now at Play.com or HMV.co.uk.

Stay tuned for a special surprise on Boxing Day.

Merry Christmas

:awesome: what a great christmas present!!!! :awesome: This light up my day and end of year!!!! :dance:

"build a rocket boys"

:lol: Nice title, I like it :thumbsup:

You forget the exclamation point at the end Paula :rolleyes: Make all the difference :D

I like it too, nice title (such as the one chosen for the few songs we know already) but I'm not too found of the artwork :confused:

and when is 'boxing day'???

I forgot to post the tracklisting... :facepalm:

1. Lippy Kids

2. The Birds

3. With Love

4. Neat Little Rows

5. Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl

6. The Night Will Always Win

7. High Ideals

8. The River

9. Open Arms

10. The Birds (Reprise)

11. Dear Friends

this record should be fantastic. i read on NME it is to have more aspects to touring and influence with live shows, so the sounds should be anthems and euphoric. cannot wait for Elbow's new record. that and Coldplay's new record is the ones I cannot wait for, minus REM, U2, Snow Patrol, etc...

...Snow Patrol, Florence+The Machine, Tired Pony, U2, and in the 'maybes' Franz Ferdinand and Paolo :awesome: My gig schedule will be a nightmare.... :rolleyes4: and I think I can already say to my bank account: RIP :lol:

Beady Eye, Death Cab For Cutie... :P

and when is 'boxing day'???

26th of December :)

Anyway, the album looks great! Which one do i pre-order though...?

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Rocket-Boys-Elbow/dp/B004H0N4PC/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1293119023&sr=8-1]Build A Rocket Boys!: Elbow: Amazon.co.uk: Music[/ame]

or

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Rocket-Boys-Deluxe-Digipack/dp/B004H0N4PM/ref=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1293119023&sr=8-2]Build A Rocket Boys! (Deluxe Digipack): Elbow: Amazon.co.uk: Music[/ame]

:uhoh:

26th of December :)

ah ok, thx!

Anyway, the album looks great! Which one do i pre-order though...?

Build A Rocket Boys!: Elbow: Amazon.co.uk: Music

or

Build A Rocket Boys! (Deluxe Digipack): Elbow: Amazon.co.uk: Music

:uhoh:

:thinking: dunno... I looked it up on play.com and there is no difference in the tracklist or DVD bonus... it just says that one is a 'digipack'...so that's just the cover that isn't the same fabric right?! :shrug: