✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

Elbow release a brand new single on Monday 28th February. 'Neat Little Rows' gets its world premiere tonight on Zane Lowe.

Tune in to Radio 1 from 7pm GMT. Click here to listen online.

'Neat Little Rows' will be available on 7" and download. Click here to pre-order the 7" from Recordstore now.

The album 'build a rocket boys!' is released on Monday 7th March - visit http://www.buildarocketboys.com to pre-order now.

I've had Radio 1 on intermittingly for an hour or so (I can't cope listening to too much Zane Lowe) but haven't heard it yet :bigcry:

edit: It's here. I can turn Zane Lowe off. Yippeeeee.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Neat Little Rows is alright, but I definitely like Lippy Kids better (really looking forward to the studio version of that one). But hey, as an easily accessible lead single, Neat Little Rows still has a catchy beat to it.

Yeah - Lippy Kids is a lovely song. Definitely prefer t to Neat Little Rows.

They're 25th in the NME's list of Albums of 2011 (out of 60)

Quoting...

"The title comes from a lyric in the opening track, 'Lippy Kids'," he [Guy] explains "The song came about from me moving back to my old neighbourhood and all the memories it brought back for me. That's a lot of what the album is about - the memories of being a teenager in the north of England. But it's also about all stages of life. I'm starting a family, and things change when you hit a certain age and decide to carve out a little piece of the world for yourself. So that and generational guilt are some of the other themes on the record. But I guess it's really about all the stages of being a man. It's about life, I suppose." Sounds suspiciously like a concept album...

"Well, 'concept album' is a dirty phrase, isn't it? But fuck it. That's what it is."

Neat Little Rows - and the album itself - is deeply personal and yet comfortingly universal, and musically, Guy promises something that "goes all over the place. There are moments that are subtle and introspective and others that are triumphant and celebratory. As with all our records, it takes you on a journey.."