✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

it did! i just found it...doing my first listen right now...i'm very excited.

google provided me with nothing, but thank god I found it through Twitter

Thank you, for if it were not for your mention of Twitter, I never would have found it myself.

I will have to wait a little longer to listen, however, as I don't have access to a computer with a .rar program at the moment.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was initially going to wait until tonight once I was done with class to download it, but I found some brief down time and listened to the first 7 tracks. Sadly, I have class now and then projects through the late evening, so the rest will have to hold off for a bit, but I will say that "Neat Little Rows" is a very deceptive lead single in terms of indicating how the rest of the album feels. Let it also be known that the radio edit of "Neat Little Rows" that we've been hearing for quite a while cuts out a large (and pretty cool) part of the album track.

Neat Little Rows is like 5:40 in length.

The single does mislead you to the sound. It's amazing. I have listend to it twice since last night and I love it. I am not sure if it tops SSK, but it's well done.

The chorus of Open Arms does remind me of One Day Like This, but other songs such as With Love, Lippy Kids, and Dear Friends are wonderful...not as heavy or driven, but amazing record. The Birds is epic in length and changes up in style for a bit, but very good

Okay, "Open Arms" is absolutely amazing. :heart:

I know some people were wondering whether this was going to build off The Seldom Seen Kid or go back to the band's roots of Asleep in the Back, and the answer is...neither really. If I had to draw the closest comparison, I'd actually go with Cast of Thousands, but come on, this is its own album. It's less ambitious than TSSK in terms of how grand it feels, but most of the tracks are quite beautiful. Like I said earlier, even though NLR is a very fun and accessible single, the rest of the album is very serene.

I'm going to be super upset if there's a major schedule conflict the day Elbow plays Coachella. They're playing the Saturday, and nearly every band I want to see is on the Saturday.

Because I was an impatient girl and couldn't wait until tomorrow to take the time to listen to it in full, I skimmed through it last night just to get an idea of what to expect. Here's what I can say so far.

1. I absolutely love the abundance of choir on this record.

2. My initial impression of "Dear Friends" proved to be correct.

3. "The River" is absolutely beautiful. It's like BARB!'s version of "Puncture Repair," but it's distinctly different.

4. I fast-forwarded to the cut-out part of "Neat Little Rows," and I'm even more annoyed at the radio edit, now that I know what's there.

Once I take a few legit listens to this, I'll give a solid opinion on the album as a whole.

haha yeah, that was a few days ago. Straight after Miller tweeted

Retweeted by @Guy_Garvey my life complete!

:lol:

Guy's hilarious on twitter. Craig too.

Anyway, on the album. I'm not sure about The Birds; can't make up my mind yet if I like it or not. Maybe it's a grower. Did we ever find out who the old duffer on the Reprise was?

Cracked and downloaded the leak - i'm buying the cd on Monday anyway so not gunna feel guilty about it :smug:

It's ACE!!!!

It is amazing eh?

I like the Birds. first listen I wasn't too sure, but when it picks up at the end it is going to AMAZING live