SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

for elbow fans...

"Leaders Of The Free World" - The Premier

On Wednesday 6th July, elbow offer you the chance to be the first to see the DVD version of their new album, "Leaders Of The Free World" in an exclusive screening at the National Film Theatre on London's South Bank.

For the past year, the band have been working on their third album at their Blueprint Studios in Manchester. Throughout that recording process, the Soup Collective have been documenting the recording and collaborating with the band on short films, animations and other visual delights in what is arguably the first DVD release of it's kind from a recording artist. As lead singer Guy Garvey explains:

"The Soup Collective would be throwing these images on to a big screen in the studio whilst we were recording and they were working on the DVD and that would influence us. So the music influenced the pictures but the pictures also influenced the music. It's truly collaborative."

Tickets for the showing, which preceeds the NFT's bi-monthly music video event, Antenna, will be limited. As an extra treat, members of elbow will DJ in the NFT bar after the event.

To get purchase your tickets for this event simply contact the NFT Box Office on 020 7928 3232.

Standard tickets are £8.20, concs. £6.25 - however all elbow fans will receive a £1 discount. To get your discount please quote 'Leaders' when making your booking.

Tickets can also be obtained via the NFT website from

http://www.bfi.org.uk/showing/nft/

• 2 weeks later...

A release date has been announced :D From crudmusic.com

Elbow's new album will be called 'Leaders Of The Free World' (not 'The Stops' as previously announced by the band at a showcase in Manchester ) and will be released on September 5. There will be a DVD version of the album featuring footage shot during the recording at Blueprint Studios in Salford and animations provided by the Soup Collective who worked alongside Elbow in the sessions.

Elbow are brilliant. They are probably my third favourite band. Guy's lyrics are just so amazing i love scattered black and whites, it is the perfect closing song to any album, it makes me feel really nostalgic and tingle all over! Can't wait til the new album....

Anyone know when the single will be out/get some air play?

• 1 month later...

Elbow - Leaders of the Free World

Lately Ive started to become addicted to 'Cast of Thousands'... New album 'Leaders of the Free World' is coming out next month. Im searching for the new video online (for free). Does anyone know where I can find it?

• 9 months later...

I checked whole tread and I wanna ask you a question: which album is the best? Coz first I got ''leaders of the free world'' and I was just like OMG, because of ''an imagined affair'' which I found the most beautiful song from Elbow (I'm not saying that the rest is crap, no! This album is truly interesting). Then (I mean, right now), I'm getting into ''Cast Of Thousands'' and I'm impressed and surprised, because it's so different from LOTFW and yet I dare say it's better one! My point is (apart from the question above) that their music is really of high quality, masterpiece and it's amazing how their albums differ and still remain class.

I checked whole tread and I wanna ask you a question: which album is the best? Coz first I got ''leaders of the free world'' and I was just like OMG' date=' because of ''an imagined affair'' which I found the most beautiful song from Elbow (I'm not saying that the rest is crap, no! This album is truly interesting). Then (I mean, right now), I'm getting into ''Cast Of Thousands'' and I'm impressed and surprised, because it's so different from LOTFW and yet I dare say it's better one! My point is (apart from the question above) that their music is really of high quality, masterpiece and it's amazing how their albums differ and still remain class.[/quote']

Yeah i'm the same as you, i heard leaders of the free world first and was addicted to it the first time i heard station approach, an imagined affair and puncture repair. So i went out and bought asleep in the back and cast of thousands and was shocked because they are both completely different from leaders of the free world but i love all 3 albums. In my opinion asleep in the back and leaders of the free world are the best but if i had to pick i would choose leaders of the free world.

• 4 months later...

Elbow are one of my favourite bands at the moment, ever since I picked up their first 2 albums in a "double play" box-set in a sale and listened to their 3rd album. Very underrated but 'Cast Of Thousands' and 'Asleep In The Back' are two of the best albums of the 21st century so far.

They are on my list of bands I want to see before I die.

• 5 weeks later...

another band I'd never heard of before.. :embarassed:

I randomly picked a cd in a library and thought "why not, might as well give this a try"

and now I've been listening to Leaders of the Free World and all I can say, I'm happy I picked that one :) it's a very good album.

so this is their third album? can't wait to hear the other two.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Elbow are my world right now...I think they are in danger of becoming my favourite band...they are like Coldplay plus one. Such beautiful, perfect, brilliant songs. Buy their three albums, you will never look back.

300px-Elbow_Picture.jpg

Elbow ...had to bump AGAIN

It's funny i discovered doves first, and i loved loved them,bought asleep in the back ages before and thought 'meh its ok,i'm content to put it away for a while' but for some reason when i wanted to find more of their stuff later on, i just loved them more this time round,and one of my favs,and i think they have infact taken over doves,maybe in part because guy's voice is amazing.

In some ways I am glad they are sort of hidden and underrated because if they were full on commercial I am not sure their music would remain the same. Anyway a fourth album is due apparently and I am absolutely hell-bent on seeing them live now. I am hooked!