✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this on youtube, Tom Jones saying on the red carpet at the Q Awards that a collaboration with Elbow is "in the works" Very interesting. Tom also gives Coldplay a mention aswell, good work Tom that's what we like to see :D

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KMd8eZpre3o]YouTube - Tom Jones at the Q Awards[/ame]

I was there too Alison, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Newborn was gorgeous, Weather To Fly was amazing, Leaders Of The Free World was mental, as was Grounds For Divorce. I got a set list at the end too - I'll post it... unless anyone who's going to see them soon doesn't want it spoiled?

He's so good live.

We got there late because of all those bloody roadworks! Missed the support entirely and was stuck quite near the back, where people just decided to talk whenever they felt like it! :angry:

Think Weather to Fly was my favourite - that and One Day Like This (I'm a sucker for confetti! :P)

Starlings

Bones Of You

Leaders Of The Free World

Mirrorball

The Stops

Grounds For Divorce

Mexican Standoff

The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver

Newborn

Great Expectations

Weather To Fly

One Day Like This

--------------------------

Some Riot

Station Approach

Scattered Black And Whites

I bought Jesca Hoop's CD and EP after the gig so I'll upload them for you if you want.

Jesca's 'genre' on MySpace is down as "Mad Music". Quite quirky, dreamy - acoustically anyway, not listened to the full band CD yet. Guy introduced her and said, "It's only her becuase we couldn't afford to bring the rest of her band!" - bless.

Have a listen here...

http://www.myspace.com/jescahoop

Guy: "Mark's kid did his first poo in a potty today! It'll be 'Here's a tenner now f**k off to the cinema' before you know it" :P

Fan to Guy: "I want your kids!"

Guy: (In shock) "You have my kids or you want my kids?!"