✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So, We'll never see the track 'LRLRL' it looks like...

mrman78

From the new interview with Chris on Coldplay.com...

Now, Coldplay's live album is called LeftRightLeftRightLeft.

Exactly.

That was also the name of a track touted for the Viva album.

It was indeed. In fact, it was also what Viva La Vida was going to be called, before we found the title Viva La Vida. With the live album, we were going to go for the world record of the longest album title in history by making LeftRightLeftRightLeft go all the way around the CD, so that it never ended. But we took so much shit for how long Viva La Vida's title was, we thought maybe a never-ending title might be a little much. So we opted for five words as just one word.

Does the track LeftRightLeftRightLeft still exist?

It does, but in about eight different forms. It's not finished.

What happens to songs like that?

They're sort of torn apart and you might take parts of them for other songs.

But the LeftRightLeftRightLeft song itself is unlikely to see the light of day?

The song itself has been given the Will Champion seal of disapproval. So, no, nothing will happen to it.

Ah crap, oh well I guess it can't be that good then. Will is usually pretty good at scapping the crappy songs :)

Yeahh this is the same guy who said Clocks would never be a hit :rolleyes:

LOL, yeah that is true... He didn't like 'Speed of Sound' at first either, however, that was when they existed in their first forms. Once it was mixed, he loved it, so who knows...

no coldplay song is a crappy song. i would LOVE to have heard it. :(

Yeah, I guess 'crappy' is not the right term...

it would be b-side one day, I think. Something going wrong with songs LeftRight Left, Lucas and Famous Old Painters. Otherwise they could be entered into last EP...

Of course I've never heard it, but it is represented to me as something by Fat Boy Slim "Right here, right now..." :laugh3:

no coldplay song is a crappy song. i would LOVE to have heard it. :(

Same here :(

And what about "Famous Old Painter" they've haven't said anything about that song have they?:thinking:

Well, looks like I was indeed right about how while the track itself was scrapped, they decided to keep its name for the hell of it. A bit unfortunate; it could have been a B-side. They've released plenty of B-sides before, and some of them were indeed not very good, but you may as well take a chance, even if it requires sprucing up the track.

But I'm willing to bury the hatchet on this track now. Just give us info on what happened to Famous Old Painters and Lukas and then I can rest easy.

Hey, don't forget about THE DUBLINERS, they played that live a few times, then it disappeared. LRLRL was the perfect opportunity to release it, and it was only like 1:30mins so it would have come out under 42mins. Agh!!

t could have been a B-side[/color]. They've released plenty of B-sides before, and some of them were indeed not very good, but you may as well take a chance, even if it requires sprucing up the track.

But I'm willing to bury the hatchet on this track now. Just give us info on what happened to Famous Old Painters and Lukas and then I can rest easy.

That's the thing though - because of the music industry nowadays, bands dont place a large emphasis on Singles so a large pool of potential b-sides begins to accumulate. I think if singles were still important, like they were, say 5-6 years ago, then we would have had 2 new songs released on each single, rather than just the one on Violet Hill, Viva La Vida and LIT2..

Once it has the Will Champion Seal of Disapproval it is likely never to be heard again.

+1

If Will said no, it's never gonna see the light of day ToT

WHY Will..WHY???!!! Come'on man, remember the Clocks fiasco :D