✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED - INFO IN FIRST POST] 27-July-2009: Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY, USA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone... thought i'd pass on what little i know... i frantically sent an email to livenation this morning at 930 when i saw that the 7/27 jones beach show was missing and they replied 10 minutes later saying that the show was still on and that they were doing minor work on the link and to try at 10am. being the optimist, i did exactly that and still no coldplay listing for jones beach... i called & the rep i got on the phone had no idea what i was talking about so i read her the email i got back from livenation so she put me on hold another 10 minutes and came back and still had no info... so, i went to z100 (radio station in ny) because they had a presale code and link directly to that show and a banner came up that the show has been cancelled... just checked coldplay.com and the show is no longer there...

thanks kerivee for all the info!!! nooooooo Coldplay noooooooo I was so happy when I saw the announced date for jones beach :( oh well hopefully they'll sort it all out and make another announcement.

i'm guessing (and hoping) that with the postponement/cancellations recently that maybe it's just a scheduling conflict... just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope they come to ny! saw them in nj this past november and they were amazing!!

This is the reply I just had from Live Nation:

Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

The sale dates for both the presale and general sale for Coldplay on 7/27 at Nikon Jones Beach have been postponed. At this point it is likely that the event will still take place, but the presale and general sale will both be pushed back a few days. Please check http://www.livenation.com periodically as we will update the new sale dates as they are determined and post them on the event page. We apologize for this unexpected delay and any inconvenience that it may cause.

Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry, and have a good day!

Sincerely,

Matt

Live Nation Customer Care

sorry to keep posting, but i received another update from livenation:

"Dear Patron,Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!The sale dates for both the presale and general sale for Coldplay on 7/27 at Nikon Jones Beach have been postponed. At this point it is likely that the event will still take place, but the presale and general sale will both be pushed back a few days. Please check http://www.livenation.com periodically as we will update the new sale dates as they are determined and post them on the event page. We apologize for this unexpected delay and any inconvenience that it may cause. Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry, and have a good day!Sincerely,MattLive Nation Customer Care"

so that's good news...right?

If they do change the date of the show, I don't think it will be by much. They're doing All Points West a couple of days later, so they're likely to be basing themselves in New York for that week. If the date changes, it will only be by a couple of days. :thinking:

not only was the date removed from coldplay.com but the announcement was removed from the news section on the site too... i just wish someone would say something, anything about the jones beach show at this point it's like it never existed... weird...

i called livenation and they said same....the presale has been postponed and keep checking back on livenation.....im thinkin they gonna do sarotoga..jones..then all points in the same week...lets hope:)

i called livenation and they said same....the presale has been postponed and keep checking back on livenation.....im thinkin they gonna do sarotoga..jones..then all points in the same week...lets hope:)

Yeah, I think there's a good possibility that will happen. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it will all work out...:\

Well this sucks. I mean it's good for me since I haven't gotten permission to buy tickets yet and needed an extra couple days, but what if they completely cancel this show and replace that day with the postponed Saratoga springs show? How much would that suck.