✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED - INFO IN FIRST POST] 27-July-2009: Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY, USA

Sorry to any of you guys who were counting on this date, but I REALLY hope it's postponed, because I'm seeing green day that night. If it were postponed to later in the week, I'd definitely go.

Oh well, only time will see

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they'd just tell us what's going on!

I'm not going but it's a little unnerving as a fan to see multiple dates cancelled/postponed for no apparent reason (well yesterday was illness I guess, but they took long enough telling us)

Twitter is an instant communication tool, they should use it. They're quick enough posting pictures of Strawberries (:P)...lets have some actual news.

I think they just sorting out the cancelled date etc. and guess it needs to go via several people, managment, venue promoter etc.

Hence I guess they can't just twitter something if it is not 100% from each possible side.

After hearing today that Dave Gahan (Depeche) actually had a tumor on his bladder removed I will just releaved that none of the guys will have something that serious.

So, hopefully there will be news soooooooon!

P.

But if fans wake up expecting a presale it's highly unprofessional to just cancel it, remove the news and offer no explanation at all.

All they needed was a "hey guys, we're sorting out some stuff with this date, we'll keep you updated"

Livenation and Jones Beach have been bugging out lately. The Blink 182 (yes I like them) dates have been shuffled around a bunch of times over the course of the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this happens! What a beautiful place to see a concert.

Hello All, I am a new registered member, but have been a lurker..I just wanted to share some info I recieved today. I had a friend of mine working on getting me some tickets through his connection to Jones Beach. He told him that "something" is going on within the band, due to an illness, and that most likely the show was going to be called off. Now I am hearing this second hand, so take it with a grain of salt, and hopefully we will get to see them at Jones Beach..

i doubt it would be cancelled due to chris's voice issue unless it's much much worse than they're letting on, and i hope that's not the case :uhoh:, because that would let thousands down (and perhaps mean issues for chris's voice in the long run :bigcry:).

but i can't believe no one's said anything about this yet apart from "keep waiting."

It's easy to jump to conclusions when nothing is being said.. I have been worried ever since they canceled the show last night because they hardly ever cancel shows. I am hoping that everything is okay.. I guess all we can do is wait right?

Still nothing this morning. I don't think someone is that sick that they have to cancel a show 2 months in advance. It's just that the Saratoga show got postponed and it would make sense for them to reschedule for the week of this concert since there is room in their schedule and they are around in this area.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Straight from the horse's mouth http://www.livenation.com/help

Question: What is the status of the Coldplay event at Nikon at Jones Beach?

Answer: The Coldplay concert that was originally scheduled to take place at Nikon at Jones Beach on July 27, 2009 with tickets going on sale 5/29/09 has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.