✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida... demos thread

robmatt

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, demos (especially in the modern age) often have a lot more raw energy and emotion than the final version of a song. Can often sound too perfect, sterile and and soulless (not saying this is the case with Coldplay). But demos often speak to people on a different level. That's why peoria often love recordings from

the early days, cause they still had this raw emotion (and some mistakes) left.

R

As an artist I kind of compare it to watching an amazing painter do pencil sketches... or seeing the storyboard drawings for an animated movie. There is extra life in that roughness, sometimes; I agree!

I find I don't mind being called "hun" or even "love" if the guy says it with a British or Australian accent. :wink3:

edit: Case in point, I was asked by a complete stranger on the street once, "Hey, love, do you think my friend here is cute?" and because he said it with an accent, I said "sure!" instead of "go *bleep* yourself!" :D

I find I don't mind being called "hun" or even "love" if the guy says it with a British or Australian accent. :wink3:

edit: Case in point, I was asked by a complete stranger on the street once, "Hey, love, do you think my friend here is cute?" and because he said it with an accent, I said "sure!" instead of "go *bleep* yourself!" :D

So were talking about cultural clashes here. As I'm from the UK;)

agreed :wacky:

depends! haha

:lol: awe, now i miss chris-nate :bigcry: i love guys with accents :lol: this is turning into an share personal thoughts with rob thread

*shakes head:stunned:

So were talking about cultural clashes here. As I'm from the UK;)

:dozey: dont flatter your self

Sorry NICOLE!:)

no problem :blank:

*twitch

:lol: i wonder if shes coming back :uhoh:

*raises hand!!!

;)

:confused:well this thread has certainly turned out weird...:mad::rolleyes3:

:shame:

Well no one is asking for download links anymore, are they? :nice:

My work here is done.

:escaping:

hahah! time to go

:escaping:

but laura wants to partay!!

:poilceman:

party-hardy

:smug:

*sigh*

I'm sorry things turned out this way robmatt. It was okay when bear was helping out, but perejo gave them to everyone (over 100, goddamn), even people who had signed up simply for the sake of the demos.

It didn't help that that idiot ColdSpot on coldplaybootlegs uploaded them there - I don't think it would have spread everywhere if it wasn't for him being a moron. Not sure I'll go back there that much now - they whined so much last year about Coldplaying reuploading their bootlegs in MP3 and how it was violating the original uploader's wishes and now they do this and ruin our chances of getting more materials like this and respecting the OU's terms. Hmph.

Unhappy Cobalt is unhappy.

EDIT - Not to mention some idiot pandered on about how they'd change the title from something less obvious and then when robmatt was seemingly gone they REFUSED TO. Great work, guys.

Rob, you can change it yourself by going to the first page, clicking the "edit" button and then selecting "Go Advanced". Then you edit the text in the "Title" box above the main text of the post to something else.

:lol: awe, now i miss chris-nate :bigcry: i love guys with accents :lol: this is turning into an share personal thoughts with rob thread

Well, that's a good idea. This way no one will ask for links anymore.

on second thought, this would be a good idea 12 hours ago. :confused:

Btw, I got my share from perejro. I mean I was here early on, but I can't get online yesterday and hence I missed the big launch. So he sorta helped me out... and I thank him.

although I actually can PM coldplaykb for it.... BLAME ME!! BLAME ME!!! I'm guilty!!!:(