✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Simpsons: Coldplay's Chris Martin among season 21 guests

forcin

Nice articles on the net:

Coldplay’s Chris Martin Gets Simpsonized

Is it too early in the new decade to start another list of the Best Pop Star Appearances on The Simpsons? Chris Martin lent his vocal talents to The Simpsons last night, as he led Coldplay through an LOL-inducing private show for Homer and Bart. Take the jump to see the band’s appearance on the show (featuring their Grammy-winning “Viva La Vida”), and bonus footage of Chris Martin goofing off behind the scenes and improvising lines that didn’t make the cut of last night’s episode:

[cp.com video]

“The tambourine? I might as well play with dolls!” Totally hilarious cameo, although we’re not really sold on the Coldplay frontman’s caricature:

Picture-2.jpg

They got the jacket right, but it’s just not Chris Martin without those piercing baby blues.

Gwyneth Paltrow’s hubby has a charming knack for self-deprecation when it comes to his band or his own celebrity. He’s appeared as himself (with Coldplay guitarist Jonny Buckland) in Shaun of the Dead to raise awareness for the Zombie charity, Zombaid, and reached for new heights of self-parody when he portrayed himself (as a self-centered, egomanical rockstar) on the Ricky Gervais’ comedy Extras.

Can somebody book this guy as a host on Saturday Night Live? We think it’s time for Justin Timberlake to make room for other musician/comedians.

http://idolator.com/5389612/coldplays-chris-martin-gets-simpsonized

Coldplay Visit The Simpsons

True, the Grammys perpetrating their special brand of outmoded misery upon people dumb enough to watch (like me!), but there were also intentionally funny moments in televised music last night. For instance, the Chris Martin Band quietly dropped in on Springfield to "film" a cameo. The video we have starts with a look at the Chris that's not a cartoon (wait there's a version of Chris that's not a cartoon?)(just kidding!)(Chris is OK!) recording his voiceovers in a sound booth, which is great for a couple of reasons: 1) you get to hear the various versions of punchlines that don't make the cut (The Simpsons writers: 20 years and still got it, even if their time has come); and 2) Chris Martin cracks up the writing staff with a very funny joke at his own expense. One could argue it's easy to make very funny jokes at Chris Martin's own expense, but one would be an asshole to follow a compliment in such a manner. At the end we see the actual animated segment from last night's ep in which the band plays "Viva" in their revolutionary war outfits to Homer and Bart in the Naming Rights Available Arena. It is fun to watch with your eyes and at least as entertaining as the Grammys were in total. Plus, you get to see which version of the Homer-playing-the-tambourine punchline the show went with.

Ahh, the version of the joke we didn't even here. No spoilers! Classic Simpsons. As for Coldplay, they're reportedly holed up in a North London church with Brian Eno working on a "a stripped-down, more acoustic" album. Which means we're potentially looking at the lovechild of Parachutes and Viva La Vida, and that's very good news.

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/coldplay_visit_the_simpsons_112091.html

EDIT: Forgot this one:

http://www.zmemusic.com/other/coldplays-chris-martin-on-the-simpsons-230311/

But they're all similar :)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted Chris to guest star in Sesame Street..

:awesome: Now that would be EPIC.

Though it was short, the good thing is that they actually got simpsonized.

I waited all month for it and more, it still made my week.

I regret watching the clip online before it aired on TV.

It was nice but very short, in fact is one of the shortest appearances of famous guests that I can remember on The Simpsons. I expected at least another little appearance at the end of the episode or something but no.

BTW on coldplay.com they put a big picture of their appearance that can be used as wallpaper… coincidently the two themes of wallpapers that I use the most are Coldplay and The Simpsons, and now I can have a wallpaper with both things at the same time :)

BTW on coldplay.com they put a big picture of their appearance that can be used as wallpaper… coincidently the two themes of wallpapers that I use the most are Coldplay and The Simpsons, and now I can have a wallpaper with both things at the same time :)

ME TOO!!!! i love it so much!!

yeah, so basically i've been waiting 2 years (not 6 months when i found out it would really happy) but 2 YEARS for my favorite band to be on my favorite show. 2 years for a 40 second clip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...