✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Simpsons: Coldplay's Chris Martin among season 21 guests

forcin

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay...that was incredibly disappointing. Only about 2 seconds. Chris said 2 lines at most. After all that anticipation, they weren't even part of the main story line...just a tiny little add-on...

Oh well, though. At least they were on. It's nice to see them on TV, even if it's just for 2 seconds in cartoon form. :) I guess I'd rather have them on in a very subtle way like this than a huge head-lining appearance that would just be overkill. So many mixed feelings.

okay...that was incredibly disappointing. Only about 2 seconds. Chris said 2 lines at most. After all that anticipation, they weren't even part of the main story line...just a tiny little add-on...

Oh well, though. At least they were on. It's nice to see them on TV, even if it's just for 2 seconds in cartoon form. :) I guess I'd rather have them on in a very subtle way like this than a huge head-lining appearance that would just be overkill. So many mixed feelings.

Agreed. Only 2 seconds....

This was suppose to be Coldplay's night, Grammys and this. Both kinda disappointed me.....

The episode hasn't aired here yet, but I'm not surprised that that's all there was. I think when this was first announced, I went on a little rant about how a lot of guest bands get really lousy roles on The Simpsons.

As a loyal viewer of the yellow family, however, I'm still tuning in for the rest of the episode. :)

I wasn't expecting much either, but I thought there would be a little more of a "build up" to it. I thought maybe Homer would have said, "oh, I think I'll get Coldplay to perform just for us", but there wasn't any kind of advance discussion. Just came back from the commercial break, and then *poof* there was the scene we saw here.

But it was nice regardless.

Just watched the episode, which actually wasn't that great. (although I did love how they outright killed off the "Create a Character" winner) So not only did Coldplay deserve a larger role, but they probably deserved a better episode.

But at the very least, the Coldplay.com clip gives me a huge smile, though. :)

So, what ? ... That's it ???!?

I mean, it's very short, of course, but the most disappointing part for me was that we had already seen it before... I would have loved something new.

The whole episode seemed to be short, but I thought it was quite good. From France it's a little weird to see the characters with iPhones, big TVs, Nintendo Wii... We are still at the seasons where they've got their old stuff.

So it's been confirmed that this episode received the worst viewership ratings out of any new Simpsons episode in history (5.1 million).

I suppose that's what you get for airing a new episode opposite the Grammys and a bunch of sports games.