✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Simpsons: Coldplay's Chris Martin among season 21 guests

forcin

The Simpsons has added more celebrity guest voices to season 21: EW.com has learned that Coldplay frontman Chris Martin will lend his vocal cords to an episode this winter in which Homer wins a million-dollar lottery and hires the band to play a concert just for Bart and him. “When Bart goes to the bathroom, Coldplay has to stop,” notes Simpsons exec producer Al Jean. Season 21 debuts Sept. 27 on Fox.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/07/24/the-simpsons-coldplays-chris-martin-sarah-silverman-among-season-21-guests/

simpthmb.jpgBehind-the-scenes Simpsons footage

January 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Check out a sneak preview of Sunday's

news_line.png

Good evening. Coldplay's appearance on The Simpsons will air in the US this Sunday (January 31) on the FOX Network, at 8pm/7pm CST. Here's some behind-the-scenes footage of Chris recording his appearance on the episode, which is called Million Dollar Maybe...

Anchorman

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love The Simpsons.

I love Coldplay.

It's too bad The Simpsons hasn't given a guest band appearance any proper justice since U2.

The quality of the series has suffered since the late 90's, and even though they occasionally put out a great episode, I can't help but feel an appearance by Chris is gonna turn out tacked-on. Metallica, The White Stripes, R.E.M., Blink 182, The Rolling Stones, and The Dixie Chicks have all appeared recently, and their appearances all sucked (I suppose the Rolling Stones appearance wasn't terrible).

If this seems pessimistic, make no mistake that if they do it right, I will be so, so happy. :D And I am looking forward to seeing him (and possibly the rest of the band) in yellow animated form (haha, he should sing "Yellow" just for irony).

Damn yellow family can't get me to stop watching over a decade after its demise. :veryangry2:

The quality of the series has suffered since the late 90's, and even though they occasionally put out a great episode, I can't help but feel an appearance by Chris is gonna turn out tacked-on. Metallica, The White Stripes, R.E.M., Blink 182, and The Dixie Chicks have all appeared recently, and their appearances all sucked.

Not sure if R.E.M. has been in more than one episode, but the one I'm thinking of is hilarious. They play for Homer in his garage-bar and while they sing the verse of "End of the World As We Know It" Homer just sings random gibberish. Then when they found out the gig wasn't some charity benefit Michael Stipe almost stabbed Homer. :lol:

Here's part of the appearance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrmr_KsP0E]YouTube - The simpsons - Homer the moe FUNNY[/ame]

Not sure if R.E.M. has been in more than one episode, but the one I'm thinking of is hilarious. They play for Homer in his garage-bar and while they sing the verse of "End of the World As We Know It" Homer just sings random gibberish. Then when they found out the gig wasn't some charity benefit Michael Stipe almost stabbed Homer. :lol:

Here's part of the appearance:

You're right, I forgot about that part. :laugh3:

But still, the track record with guest bands isn't stellar. They need to do something as funny as when they had Bono call out security to beat up Homer on the big screen while playing "Pride (In the Name of Love)".

You're right, I forgot about that part. :laugh3:

But still, the track record with guest bands isn't stellar. They need to do something as funny as when they had Bono call out security to beat up Homer on the big screen while playing "Pride (In the Name of Love)".

They had Glen Hansard in one episode.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8R5evLJ3s]YouTube - Falling Slowly[/ame]

Anyone who really knows Glen will get that and why it's funny. And that's from a real new episode.

I love The Simpsons.

I love Coldplay.

It's too bad The Simpsons hasn't given a guest band appearance any proper justice since U2.

The quality of the series has suffered since the late 90's, and even though they occasionally put out a great episode, I can't help but feel an appearance by Chris is gonna turn out tacked-on. Metallica, The White Stripes, R.E.M., Blink 182, The Rolling Stones, and The Dixie Chicks have all appeared recently, and their appearances all sucked (I suppose the Rolling Stones appearance wasn't terrible).

If this seems pessimistic, make no mistake that if they do it right, I will be so, so happy. :D And I am looking forward to seeing him (and possibly the rest of the band) in yellow animated form (haha, he should sing "Yellow" just for irony).

Damn yellow family can't get me to stop watching over a decade after its demise. :veryangry2:

I can't wait. you forgot green day.