✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

I read so many interviews with Noel about this record. At first, he was so happy with AA and then he got cold feet. I think the success of High Flying Birds was the cause. Here are some extracts from some interviews:

"Well, that's not even close to being finished . In fact, I have no idea if it ever will be completed or not. "

"I do not know. In its current form, I am not happy with the recordings. At first I thought we could publish it, but then the other record was so extremely successful and has grown more and more ... I realized that these unreleased recordings in the present form simply can not keep up. So I will have to work a lot on it. But now I'm touring until at least November and have no time. And then it`s Christmas again. Who knows what comes next? Maybe I'm doing something completely new, there are so many songs."

But then, I can't remember where, I read an interview where he said that he spend so much money on this recordings with AA that it's going to be out eventually. Now, NME says that is going to be released next year:

Gallagher is currently working on an album with the band which he recently revealed to NME, will come out some time next year.

I think that he is going to release it next year, but only the ten original songs for that album. Which is why he is putting the "remix" versions from HFB (Shoot A HFB Hole and What A Life) as b-sides. Maybe to separate the two projects, HFB and AA.

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Comrades . . . this will be a long one.

So, the last time we spoke was when? 2 weeks ago? Must have been? Was it? Hang on . . . let me check . . . that's right . . . it was the night before the festival in Belgium. OK . . . right I'll get my thinking cap on and give you the lo-down (as best I can anyway!).

So . . . I remember the festival being quite a big one. Massive crowd. Big guns headlining. Think it was them Red Hot Chilli Peppers on my night (yes it was!). The show itself was OK. Not bad. It certainly broke the run of amazing shows that's for sure. The best thing about it was I was introduced onstage by Vincent Kompany, Manchester City's captain. He's from Brussels see? And me and him were going to do the launch of the new Manchester City kits for next season. Both of these occurrences were a true honour. Vinnie's a top boy. Might actually be the coolest lad on the planet. We hung out after the show and watched the Euro Championship final. Happy days!!

The next day I had to be up early to do the football kit thing. Hadn't actually gone to bed 'till 4am so I wasn't feeling (or looking!) the best. Vinnie on the other hand had managed an early night and turned up looking like the super-cool, well oiled athlete he is. I on the other hand stunk of cig's and alcohol looking every bit like the 45yr old father of 3 that I am. Not good. Not good at all. In all my time in this game that might have been the single most difficult thing I've ever had to do.

At one point I think I was sweating pure alcohol. Imagine doing that while one of your heroes looks down on you and asks if you're alright, while a photographer snaps away asking you if "you could just get a bit closer?" Did it though and the kit looks the bollocks.

So, after that I remember we flew to Montreux in Switzerland for a show at the "Montreux Jazz Festival"!! That's right, you heard . . . "the Montreux JAZZ Festival". Not sure what I was doing there but a gig's a gig and what a gig!! A right good laugh and all. And I got presented (on stage which was a bit weird) with a very expensive watch by the founder of the festival Mr. Claude Nobs (pronounced CLOUD NEBZ). Worth €3000!! Or so he informed the audience anyway. Thanks very much Mr.Nobs . . . just what I've always wanted . . . my very own jazz watch!!

After that we drove overnight to Milan. I love Milan and Italy in general. Weather was mad hot. Must've been nearly 100 onstage!! Not as hot as Coachella but proper sizzling all the same. Show was alright. Nothing more, nothing less. I remember being taken out for dinner after to some swanky footballery type gaff. Very nice it was too . . . Beckham used to go there I'm told.

So . . . after that would have been T In the Park? Yes, I think so!! Horrific weather. Dark black clouds. Torrential rain, rain, rain. Mud every-fucking-where. Horrible . . . and that was just BACKSTAGE!!! Lord only knows what it was like out front? Still (and this is truly amazing) it never spoiled the atmosphere. The crowd up there are something else. Unbelievable behaviour. Well done!

We had a great show bar a couple of hic-ups here and there but we smashed it!! We were on before the Stone Roses. It was great to see them AND to see them enjoying themselves. A great night all round.

After that we flew to Birmingham to do a little acoustic gig for that radio station Kerrang!! That's right, you heard. A heavy metal radio station. Don't ask . . . I didn't. It was good though.

So . . . after that we flew here to the south of France. Fucking plane was full of young people (off on their holidays one would imagine). Giggling girls and boys with sideways haircuts and girls jeans on . . . that's what it looked like to me anyway.

I think that's about it. Got a festival tonight. A big one . . . it must be big 'cause the mighty Franz Ferdinand are headlining!! What was that?? Of course they're still going!!!!

ONWARDS.

GD.

Link to BBC's T In the Park coverage here (UK only)

For those outside UK, I upload T In The Park on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C51075BD710A93D&feature=plcp

Xfm and War Child are proud to announce that Noel Gallagher will be playing an intimate and exclusive acoustic show at Camden's Dingwalls on Tuesday August 14th.

Part of the Xfm Legends series to celebrate 20 years of Xfm, the show is in aid of War Child and the only way to gain access to this special one-off event is via Xfm, xfm.co.uk and noelgallagher.com

Support on the night will come from Jake Bugg.

Listen to Xfm and check xfm.co.uk and noelgallagher.com for further details on how to win tickets for this unmissable acoustic performance from a true Xfm Legend

Why I live half the world away?! :cry: It's a shame.

Yesterday Noel played on Benicassim Festival. Here you have the complete playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL28A7A818A53B452A&feature=plcp

Xfm and War Child are proud to announce that Noel Gallagher will be playing an intimate and exclusive acoustic show at Camden's Dingwalls on Tuesday August 14th.

Part of the Xfm Legends series to celebrate 20 years of Xfm, the show is in aid of War Child and the only way to gain access to this special one-off event is via Xfm, xfm.co.uk and noelgallagher.com

Support on the night will come from Jake Bugg.

Listen to Xfm and check xfm.co.uk and noelgallagher.com for further details on how to win tickets for this unmissable acoustic performance from a true Xfm Legend

Why I live half the world away?! :cry: It's a shame.

Yesterday Noel played on Benicassim Festival. Here you have the complete playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL28A7A818A53B452A&feature=plcp

I hope that was an intentional reference, I really do.

So when are we gonna hear this What A Life remix? When's the AA album now due?

The release of What A Life remix is July 31 but maybe is going to be available on Youtube a week early, like all the other b-sides. When is out, I'm going to post the link here.

I saw a recent interview from Noel where he said that the AA album is recorded but he don't like how it was mix by AA. So, after the tour is over in November, he is going to take a time off and then maybe work with the album. I'm sure it is going to be release next year. I don't think he is going to make a tour with the AA album so he can release it and then have some rest.

Announced new North America Tour with Snow Patrol. :stunned:

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will return to North America for the 4th time in the past 12 months for a series of co-headline shows with fellow UK band Snow Patrol this Fall!

The 13 dates will see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds visit Western Canada, Texas and other cities across the Mid West of the USA for the first time. This rare 'double header' starts in Seattle on October 23rd and runs through to finish in Houston on November 9th. Special guest on all shows will be exciting new singer/songwriter Jake Bugg.

There will be fan pre-sales for some shows from Thursday July 19th, or tickets go on general sale for all shows from Friday July 20th, except for Minneapolis which will be on sale from Saturday 21st July.

Tour dates:

Portland, Oregon, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Seattle, Washington, Wamu Theatre

Vancouver, British Columbia, Rogers Arena

Edmonton, Alberta, Expo Centre

Calgary, Alberta, Stampede Corral

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Centennial Concert Hall

Minneapolis, Minnesota, Roy Wilkins Auditorium

Kansas City, Missouri, The Midland By AMC

Hammond, The Venue at Horseshoe

Louisville, Palace Theatre

Nashville, Ryman Auditorium

Dallas, Verizon Theatre @ Grand Prairie

Austin, Austin Music Hall

Houston, Bayou Music Centre

Announced new North America Tour with Snow Patrol. :stunned:

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will return to North America for the 4th time in the past 12 months for a series of co-headline shows with fellow UK band Snow Patrol this Fall!

The 13 dates will see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds visit Western Canada, Texas and other cities across the Mid West of the USA for the first time. This rare 'double header' starts in Seattle on October 23rd and runs through to finish in Houston on November 9th. Special guest on all shows will be exciting new singer/songwriter Jake Bugg.

There will be fan pre-sales for some shows from Thursday July 19th, or tickets go on general sale for all shows from Friday July 20th, except for Minneapolis which will be on sale from Saturday 21st July.

Tour dates:

Portland, Oregon, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Seattle, Washington, Wamu Theatre

Vancouver, British Columbia, Rogers Arena

Edmonton, Alberta, Expo Centre

Calgary, Alberta, Stampede Corral

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Centennial Concert Hall

Minneapolis, Minnesota, Roy Wilkins Auditorium

Kansas City, Missouri, The Midland By AMC

Hammond, The Venue at Horseshoe

Louisville, Palace Theatre

Nashville, Ryman Auditorium

Dallas, Verizon Theatre @ Grand Prairie

Austin, Austin Music Hall

Houston, Bayou Music Centre

...Why?

He obviously doesn't need the money, as it says, he's been there three times since the album's been out, and he must want to take a break after this mental tour.

Sounds like I'm putting a downer on it for everyone hoping to go, but I just want him to get home, and write another record. He's toured this one to death.

...Why?

He obviously doesn't need the money, as it says, he's been there three times since the album's been out, and he must want to take a break after this mental tour.

Sounds like I'm putting a downer on it for everyone hoping to go, but I just want him to get home, and write another record. He's toured this one to death.

He seems happy with this tour, like he says in this interview at 1:15.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0kq2lTBuNU&list=UU10DG3enEhKiOEmyu_eEzuA&index=2&feature=plcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0kq2lTBuNU&list=UU10DG3enEhKiOEmyu_eEzuA&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

I want a new record too, but if he is enjoying touring I'm fine with that.

Yes, I love it! I'm on my second listen. But I think I love more the 22 minutes Falling Down remix

I'll always love that one most, but I've been really impressed with this and Shoot a Hole into the Sun. It'll make for a beautiful album, I hope.

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

OK comrades. I don't have much time. Long time? Just can't seem to keep up during festival season. Too much going on. Here goes anyway . . .

So let's go back to what seems a lifetime ago now to the south of France. Can't remember the actual town/city I was in but it was beautiful. Blistering sunshine. Might have actually got a little bit sunburned!! Always a good look eh?

So the gig was going really, really, well, it was actually shaping up to be one of the greatest when right at the end of the 4th song . . . DREAM ON I believe . . . BANG the power went!! Stage in full darkness . . . total silence!! It took 20 minutes to get things up and running again and by that time the moment had passed so to speak. Shame, it really was gonna be a good 'un. Still the mighty Franz Ferdinand were on next (yes you cheeky fuckers they ACTUALLY ARE still going!). So I'm sure they brought proceedings to an adequate close.

Next up was Berne in Switzerland. Truly stunning city. I kid you not it has a river running through it and the water is BLUE...ACTUALLY FUCKING BLUE!!!!!!!!?????? Unbelievable. Bought a lovely pair of shoes too. The festival is a good 'un. Done it many times. Up the top of a mountain. I was on first though . . . FIRST!!!! The actual first person onstage was me!!! Last time I played there I HEADLINED it!! Fame is a cruel mistress comrades. It was like playing at breakfast. Bizarre. We did great though. Enjoyed it.

So, after that I think we drove back to France, to Lyon to be exact. I remember on the drive there we watched that film PULP FICTION. My other guitarist - who's name escapes me now - had never seen it . . . NEVER SEEN PULP FICTION??????? Like..fuck me!!! Unbelievable.

Lyon was great. Pissed down the minute we got there. It was warm rain though. The wind got blowing in such a way that by the time we took the stage it was raining onstage . . . raining onstage? Another first. The gig was a blinder though. Really, really good.

So . . . then . . . on to Benicassim. If you've never been to Beni' then you really should try and get there. If only for the weather. Beautiful. It was my 100th show as a solo artist thing and I have to say it was definitely the best gig of the tour no question, but I tell you this, it might well have been one of the best shows I've ever done, EVER. It was that good. If you are reading this and you happened to be in that crowd I thank you. You were immense. Truly special. You made it a great, great night. IZ'FUCKIN RIGHT!!!

I was on before the Stone Roses again. They also smashed it. Crushed it even. We partied hard. Seen the sun rise. A magical, magical night.

You currently find me in Edinburgh. Playing at the castle tonight. Then 8 days off!!!

I'm looking forward to some of that.

ONWARDS.

GD.

When I read this I understand why he doesn't want to stop this tour. He seems really happy.

When I read this I understand why he doesn't want to stop this tour. He seems really happy.

Which is fair enough, I just wondered why the tour was going on quite so long; it's on par with a U2, Muse or Coldplay tour.

Interesting bit on NME about the AA album:

Speaking previously about his plans for the collaboration with Amorphous Androgynous, Gallagher said that he would be restarting work on the record this month.

He said of this: "I've got a break in the middle of this tour in July, so now the plan is to do something then, and then to finish it off after the tour in October. So it might come out at the end of the year, but it's more likely to be next year now."

The guitarist also said he was keen to make sure the album matched his high standards, adding: "I set the benchmark pretty high with this record ['Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'], and I'm not just putting a record for the fucking sake of it. At the moment it's not a great record – so it won't come out until it is."

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/64969?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fanpage-nmenews-noelgallagher

Liam Gallagher ‏@liamgallagher

snore patrol Noel Gallaghers high flying smurfs who said rock n roll is dead LG

:dozey: I really hate when Liam writes stupid things like that.

I'm so angry. Nashville is so close but on a Monday night

DAMN YOU NOEL. I CAN'T MISS YOU AGAIN :bigcry:

So sorry for you! Hope you can see him live.