✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What We Know Will Be On LP5

Coldplaying@Hogwarts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love what we've heard of Wedding Bells, I'd be surprised if it makes the album though. From what they've said about previous albums the stuff they have early on usually gets dumped.

Maybe it'll be a B-Side. I hope so.

Or it can be just a track that they play live randomly. I don't mind.

It sounds so good.

What will be really nice though, is if they produce an EP just like Prospekt's March.

That will be just :awesome:

LP5: The tracks Coldplay are working on

Coldplay are going to start working on their fifth album in the near future. There are no hypothesis or certainties on release dates or album's title. However we can refer to some statements about the titles of the tracks to be included in LP5.

The main source we can draw on regarding these songs - almost completed - is South Bank Show, broadcasted by ITV on 20th September. We can clearly spot during the episode entirely focused on Coldplay (and available on YouTube) the titles of the new tracks. Here below is the complete list, that also includes those tracks revelaed in Tv program 60 Minutes, focused on the band and broadcasted some months ago:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Gardeners On The Frontline

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

As you can see, it seems that Famous Old Painters (the song that was due to be included in Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends but then discarded) was not discarded at all. Wedding Bells can be listened to during South Bank Show.

Who knows if some of the abovementioned songs will be part of next Coldplay's album...

Source: http://www.coldplayzone.it/_articolo.asp?id=2886

Coldplay are going to start working on their fifth album in the near future. There are no hypothesis or certainties on release dates or album's title. However we can refer to some statements about the titles of the tracks to be included in LP5.

The main source we can draw on regarding these songs - almost completed - is South Bank Show, broadcasted by ITV on 20th September. We can clearly spot during the episode entirely focused on Coldplay (and available on YouTube) the titles of the new tracks. Here below is the complete list, that also includes those tracks revelaed in Tv program 60 Minutes, focused on the band and broadcasted some months ago:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

As you can see, it seems that Famous Old Painters (the song that was due to be included in Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends but then discarded) was not discarded at all. Wedding Bells can be listened to during South Bank Show.

Who knows if some of the abovementioned songs will be part of next Coldplay's album...

Most of these song titles don't sound like Coldplay. Especially the ones I bolded. They sound like My Chemical Romance titles.

Has Chris been smoking anything?:dozey:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

Like others have said, some of these sound more like Britney Spears song titles than Coldplay titles: Hook Up? Boyfriend? Lucky Sevens? :lol:

Some of them just don't sound like Coldplay at all to me: Car Kids, Alien Radio, Sex Violence...however, this is what I said when we got the VLVOD song titles. I was concerned that some of the titles weren't "Coldplay" enough, like "Prospekt's March" and "Cemetaries of London" and "Death and All His Friends," and look how that turned out :D. I doubt we're going to see 95% of the songs that appear on this list anyway, much like the way it happened with VLVOD. Some songs will be thrown away, some will morph into each other, and some will get different titles.

That said: OMG I LOVE WEDDING BELLS SO MUCH :bigcry:.

Not sure if this has been said already but ...

On the Xfm X-posure interview- broadcast around the release of Viva- just after Yes has been played Guy describes the strings at the start of the song as "Arabesque" and Chris says something like "nice pointer to the future, Guy, I like what you've done there" (I don't have the interview to hand, maybe someone who has can check?) Elsewhere in the interview Chris says that when they've finished making an album they are quite sure of where they want to go next, so putting two and two together (and that more recent interview where Chris said he wanted to record in Asia) maybe LP5 will have more of an Eastern feel?

Have you heard wedding bells? :stunned:

Yeah! It was on the South Bank Show...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl05UUtFzY]YouTube - Wedding Bells - Coldplay[/ame]

Not sure if this has been said already but ...

On the Xfm X-posure interview- broadcast around the release of Viva- just after Yes has been played Guy describes the strings at the start of the song as "arabesque" and Chris says something like "nice pointer to the future, Guy, I like what you've done there" (I don't have the interview to hand, maybe someone who has can check?) Elsewhere in the interview Chris says that when they've finished making an album that they are quite sure of where they want to go next, so putting two and two together (and that more recent interview where Chris said he wanted to record in Asia) maybe LP5 will have more of an Eastern feel?

I think that if anything, LP5 will have a Middle Eastern flair in the same way that VLVOD had a Spanish flair like they were saying...meaning not overpowering, but one or two tricks taken from that style of music. I think it would be really cool, but I too am hoping for a real "back to basics" sort of style, simple and classic like Parachutes.