✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What We Know Will Be On LP5

Coldplaying@Hogwarts

LOLZ.. um.

No Viva leftovers. I mean, I don't think they'd like to go back and put old stuff.

Well, they have done it before. 'In My Place' was an earlier track and Parachutes left over and ended up on AROBTTH. 'Violet Hill' was an old song and only just now ended up on VLVoDAAHF, so you never know!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way too soon to predict if any of those song will made it through....As for Lhuna, they already release it, so not on LP5.

This.

I spotted a title on the whiteboard... shortly after Chris talking about Eno 'nudging' him out of the band, and the DJ talking about them being conscientious... Guy is swaying his head to a song, and in the background you can see:

"If I Ever Fall In Love Again"

As well as "Cartoon Heart" and "Love In A Lethal Dose"

:cool:

I wish they dont get the Will Champion seal of disapproval.:dozey:

Who knows what will or will not make it? I'll bet even they don't know at this point. They'll have many songs on the table and see which ones work best as a whole. I agree with Goodfeather, I think Christmas Lights will be a holiday giveaway (or a release for charity).

One thing that several of them have mentioned numerous times is that they see #4 more stripped down. I don't know if that means Parachute-like or not. And, quite frankly, after following Eno since the early days, I can't imagine him doing "stripped down."

Personally, I'm going to step back and enjoy other music for a bit, i.e. Interpol has been in the studio since January!

They're not going to put Lhuna on there. They probably are never going to finish Wedding Bells, Chris just sang it as an example. Also probably not putting Christmas Lights on an album, I think.

The ones they were thinking about on the South Bank show may make it, possibly, but again, I wouldn't count on it, from what I hear they churn out a new song basically every couple days. I think speculation at this point is kind of silly.

Agreed.

I think a self-titled album would be really cool, The Fray and Razorlight have both done it for their SECOND ALBUM, so there's no reason why Coldplay can't! The Fray did it because they said it was "their sound" and if they wanted to describe themselves then it was that album.

Chris, give us Coldplay's KID A!

The band is NOT Chris only :dozey: I hope that LP5 will give more space to Guy, Will and Jonny. I'm really hoping that the Eno sessions without Chris will bring some fresh air in their music approach. Can't wait to hear what the other three came up with!

So far, we know:

The album will reflect the band's close bond, and possibly have a story to go with it.

Possible Tracks

1. Christmas Lights

2. Wedding Bells

3. Lhuna (featuring Kylie Minogue)

4. Anything not heard yet from the Viva era (Famous Old Painters, anyone?) or hasn't recieved the Will Champion seal of disapproval

From the South Bank Show:

1000 - 1 (Ballad of ----)

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Drunks and Guns

Love In A Lethal Dose

Spanish Rain

Possible Album Titles:

just 'Coldplay'

Winter Lights

How do you know all this?

I haven't heard any of those songs except Lhuna :lol: