✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New Sherlock Holmes Movie/ The RDJ Appreciation Thread

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drunk: indeed!

I've become a HUGE fan of this movie (and of Jude Law's sexyness). I read pretty much all the books Doyle wrote and I think they did a great movie according to the series (and choosing Jude Law for Watson)

Also, did I mention I enjoyed seeing Watson too? :freak:

^^Of course I've seen that one. I've seen every SH show or movie because, well, I'm a freak.

That one is really fantastic. Second to the newest one, in my opinion. Used to be my favorite of all of them. :D

EDIT: Oh and of course they did a great job casting Jude Law as Watson! He was wonderful.

It was actually a big risk for them, since Watson in the other movies and shows is seen as an older, heavier man who just talks a lot.

Guy Ritchie actually got it right casting a man in his mid thirties. In the books, Watson was right out of the war, a younger guy, and was very athletic and brave with Holmes by his side. So, actually, Guy Ritchie is the first one to get Watson correct. :D

Guy Ritchie actually got it right casting a man in his mid thirties. In the books, Watson was right out of the war, a younger guy, and was very athletic and brave with Holmes by his side. So, actually, Guy Ritchie is the first one to get Watson correct. :D

Yeah!

That's one of the best things about the movie:)

I haven't read the SH novels/short stories except from the Baskerville thing, but if the characters actually are more like those on Guy Ritchie's version, who the hell originally got them so wrong? Why did they create this image of a chubby, boring Watson for nothing?

^^Of course I've seen that one. I've seen every SH show or movie because, well, I'm a freak.

That one is really fantastic. Second to the newest one, in my opinion. Used to be my favorite of all of them. :D

EDIT: Oh and of course they did a great job casting Jude Law as Watson! He was wonderful.

It was actually a big risk for them, since Watson in the other movies and shows is seen as an older, heavier man who just talks a lot.

I haven't read the SH novels/short stories except from the Baskerville thing, but if the characters actually are more like those on Guy Ritchie's version, who the hell originally got them so wrong? Why did they create this image of a chubby, boring Watson for nothing?

I'm not sure how that came about, really.

Maybe they wanted to portray Sherlock Holmes' intelligence further by making every other character appear more idiotic that they are in reality.

Not all of the other versions got them completely wrong. But none of the versions have gotten them down perfectly. The only perfect Holmes and Watson are A. Conan Doyle's. For example, Jude Law's Watson was a little too snappy. If I remember correctly, the real Watson was much more complacent and less sarcastic. But he was still pretty tuff. :P

^But I agree about the intelligence thing. I think they just wanted to make Sherlock the focus.

I've read every Doyle's book and I simply love Sherlock Holmes character and everything around it... And Guy Ritchie's movie was a great rendition I think!

It was a new way (somehow) of representing Sherlock Holmes and RDJ did a good job, giving a kind of crazy/genious touch to the character.....useless to say anything bout Jude Law.... simply perfect!!! hehehehehe

I read some of the Sherlock Holmes books and in the 1st book Watson was portrayed has a thin/athletic man, and usually in the series was really diferent from that, thats why I think Jude Law was good in the role, the biggest diference is in Watson's personality!

And Robert Downey jr was perfect as Sherlock Holmes, but Jeremy Brett was...maybe the best... :D

PS: I don't know when the DVD is released in my country! :bigcry: