✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New Sherlock Holmes Movie/ The RDJ Appreciation Thread

Ok. You guys need to see this. So, last Friday I went to our local movie theater (okay, almost local) and I asked for this Sherlock Holmes ad they had. It cost me 5 €, and that's not much at all, but here it is, in our house:

IMG_4357.JPGIMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

Isn't it awesome? Although it's huge, like two meters high, and mom doesn't love it too much... :D

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is the movie any good? I'm considering seeing it in the theatre. :nice:

The film is okay. Seriously, as I consider watching movies as my hobby and I've seen quite a few different films, I'd give it probably... 3 stars out of 5. All together, as a movie. But personally I had quite low expectations and I was positively surprised. And if you like a little bit of action or witty comedy, you'll at least find it very entertaining, I think. And RDJ is fantastic. I'd say go see the film just to see his acting! :D

Ok. You guys need to see this. So, last Friday I went to our local movie theater (okay, almost local) and I asked for this Sherlock Holmes ad they had. It cost me 5 €, and that's not much at all, but here it is, in our house:

IMG_4357.JPGIMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

Isn't it awesome? Although it's huge, like two meters high, and mom doesn't love it too much... :D

That's AMAZING! :freak: I'm super jealous!

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!

SHERLOCK HOLMES IS NOMINATED FOR TWO OSCARS!!!!

IF IT DOESN'T WIN BOTH I WILL BE SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF!!

THE NOMINATIONS ARE FOR:

-Best Art Direction!

and

-Best Music!!

WOO!!!

District 9 is up for two as well. :wacky: Thought I'd say that because that movie is FANTASTIC.

Did they won something ?

Just nominated. It just sucks that Avatar is also up for the art direction (of course), and I'd love for Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus win it too... Well, we'll see. And for the music, I think Sherlock has some serious chances because the music was awesome.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!

SHERLOCK HOLMES IS NOMINATED FOR TWO OSCARS!!!!

IF IT DOESN'T WIN BOTH I WILL BE SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF!!

THE NOMINATIONS ARE FOR:

-Best Art Direction!

and

-Best Music!!

WOO!!!

District 9 is up for two as well. :wacky: Thought I'd say that because that movie is FANTASTIC.

Hurrah!

It had better win for best music. Hans Zimmerman is freaking awesome and so is that soundtrack.

I saw the first 40 or so minutes of Iron Man last night.

As usual, Gwyneth sounded like she was reading right off a script. No talent whatsoever.

BUT ROB WAS WONDERFUL. :cheesy: He's the reason why I'm contemplating watching the rest. :D

Yes, watch the rest!:D

Gwyneth continues that whole no talent thing, but Robbie is brilliant:D

IMG_4357.JPGIMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

I saw a poster like that in my local theatre, I'm soo jealous right now!! :bigcry: I'm going to try to get that poster! XD

OMG!! Sherlock Holmes has to win best music!!! It was just awesome, it was one of the reasons that I loved the movie!

I've been thinking about seeing this movie for a while. Mainly cos of RDJ, i admit lol. I should really get round to it at some point :thinking:

Yes I must admit that I watched it because of him as well:P

He was great of course. But it turns out that the movie is really good as well.:)