✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Chris smashes his guitars on the ground very regularly, I think Jonny has always been more careful with his instruments. :P And indeed, the painted one Chris is using is a telecaster deluxe instead of a thinline.

He uses it back stage to warm up on the Viva tour and it's his back up on stage if needed. My guitar gets to see Coldplay naked in the dressing room every night. :smug:

:laugh3:

Jonny actually once used it for strawberry swing live on stage! And there is footage:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMLUyUfcij8]YouTube- Coldplay - Strawberry Swing - Live In Melbourne (HD)[/ame]

At first he is using the viva-guitar but at 1:30 he switches guitars.

Jason,

Sorry for the delayed response -- I've been very busy and extremely sick these past few -- the former prohibiting me from finding time to do something about the latter situation. I felt so awful that eating dirty, broken glass sounded more appealing than reading the internet off my little, tiny iphone -- so I took a break. (At least the glass might do something about the sore throat.)

YES! One of these gorgeous ladies featured in these fantastic pictures is my lovely guitar while the other is Bone Daddy's of Texas (lot 32, the "Message" Gibson). :kiss: While Bone Daddy's was dispatched in the earlier group of items, mine went sightseeing with your Viva Guitar & Angie's Fender for the Latin American tour. It was strangely gratifying to see it up close and personal -- or as close as the crowds would allow me to get -- knowing that it was mine. :wink3:

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't manage to get an amazing picture like the one you posted, so thanks for posting! :D

Hope you feel better soon. Lot's of nasty flu and viruses going around to be sure...

Also, I forgot to mention something else I noticed in the Tokyo show from the MTV World Stage broadcast...

Looks like Jonny is using one of those guitars at the beginning of 'The Scientist' as well...

jonny-guitar-scientist-01.jpg

jonny-guitar-scientist-02.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGC9VklBaag]YouTube- Coldplay - The Scientist [WS][HD][/ame]

Then a bit after halfway through, he switches to the "starburst" electric guitar...

Jason

Finally got a response from Gemma today.

Hi Angie,

All the kit from the Viva La Vida tour is currently with sea freight which is incredible slow so the band estimate it won’t reach me for another 3 weeks.

Apologies for the further delay.

Kindest regards,

Gemma

Angie & Jason: Did you write to Gemma, or did she email you unsolicited? Just curious because I haven't received anything from her to date regarding my items.

I emailed and sent a message through Ebay. :uhoh:

New Email from Gemma today:

Huge apologies for the delay in the shipment of your Coldplay Lot. The band have now returned to the UK from their Viva La Vida tour of South America but unfortunately all their kit is currently sea freight and is now not scheduled to arrive in London for another two weeks. I will of course inform you as soon as I receive the Lots and then follow up with an email informing you of the DHL tracking number and expected delivery date.

:\

My guess is mid May will be soonest we get stuff.