✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

He uses it back stage to warm up on the Viva tour and it's his back up on stage if needed. My guitar gets to see Coldplay naked in the dressing room every night. :smug:

:laugh3:

Just think Jonny could have played NAKED with it :sneaky:

Sorry it took so long as I have been away from home since 26th. We're just back :) It was surreal to see the last ever VIVA show on 11th as we were lucky to see them at first ever Viva show at Brixton Academy in London/UK way back in June, 2008 (which was pure luck as we discovered there was a concert while we were in London - D'OH) So we somehow managed to witness the opening and closing of an era :P It's amazing to see how things improved and changed inbetween these two dates !

Jason, it was amazing to see you guitar in action! I was very proud :) My gf has a couple not-so-hi-res photos and videos of it on her phone, but I'm sure you have tons of amazing shots of it thanks to internet! With each concert we've been to - I kinda kicked myself on missing out on VIVA items.. I really really want some VIVA stuff for my collection. :(

I have yet to take proper pics of rest of the items, but here is a small teaser of Chris's first piano - Fender Rhodes! I'm getting a glass display case made for this so wait for proper photos of it on display.

I haven't cleaned anything on it and never will. It still has all the spiderwebs inside and dirt outside lol. It also has some handwritten stuff on it, on many places on both the piano, and the flight case. Some might even be lyrics, but I have yet to verify as it's mostly black on black and green on black with some of the writings wiped making it really difficult to read.

Amazing piece of music history, as this is the piano that Chris has moved to London with way back when he started school. As Chris claims, when the band were first getting to know each other, it was only because he owned this that Guy wanted to speak to him at all. :laugh3:

This piano witnessed the whole band history. Early school days, Starfish days, "the" Coldplay and finally Coldplay :) Some of the earliest Coldplay songs were written on it, and Parachutes album was also recorded with this piano.

18364_445446660633_607885633_10950133_3036628_n.jpg

18364_445446640633_607885633_10950132_45117_n.jpg

18364_445446720633_607885633_10950134_5069220_n.jpg

18364_445446745633_607885633_10950135_3868534_n.jpg

Now this is my favorite part of the piano. This is what you see when you remove the top lid.

Chris clearly marked his territory inside the piano. :D

18364_444630385633_607885633_10943205_128611_n.jpg

Now this is my favorite part of the piano. This is what you see when you remove the top lid.

Chris clearly marked his territory inside the piano. :D

18364_444630385633_607885633_10943205_128611_n.jpg

That is just amazing. The writing makes it so personal :nice:

As much as I'm jealous of you, I'm also glad that the piano went to someone who'll take care of it. A glass display case would be just perfect :)

"Chris owns this"

I am laughing so hard right now! And for some reason, I'm not surprised, even though I don't really know him I'm thinking that suits his personality to a tee.

That pedal is pretty nasty. But it is a few years old, so I suppose that's okay. :lol:

I'm glad to hear that you plan to keep it "as is". I completely agree, that's the way to go!

Congrats again Oz! (Oh, and I still owe you a rather goofy pic that you might appreciate... I have to take some measurements of it this week for a case so maybe I'll take it at that time. I'll have to put some text in the pic too, but... it'll be funny. At least, with my odd sense of humor it will be funny.)

@lo&loud- congrats on the incredible piano... it's so cool that that piano really did see the band become who they are!

@NumbersGirl- I'm late to the party, but congrats on snagging the globe. That is something I would LOVE to have in my possession! And the "Parachutes" photo you took of it is amazing... I can only imagine how hard that shot was to get! Great work!

I haven't cleaned anything on it and never will. It still has all the spiderwebs inside and dirt outside lol. It also has some handwritten stuff on it, on many places on both the piano, and the flight case. Some might even be lyrics, but I have yet to verify as it's mostly black on black and green on black with some of the writings wiped making it really difficult to read.

"They spun a web" for you...

:lol:

@NumbersGirl- I'm late to the party, but congrats on snagging the globe. That is something I would LOVE to have in my possession! And the "Parachutes" photo you took of it is amazing... I can only imagine how hard that shot was to get! Great work!

Yes it took awhile to get it just right... let's just say I'd like to make a "spinning globe" gif with all of the extra pics. :lol:

Just think Jonny could have played NAKED with it :sneaky:

TexasluvsJonny: that is awesome; you deserve that guitar!!! :awesome: You are a very dedicated Coldplay/Jonny fan! I bet they were impressed by your dedication!

(I'm not sure what I would do behind closed doors with Jonny's guitar:sneaky: hehehe)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it is a great likeness!

Jason

Umm, yeah, somehow I doubt that. :tongue:

Interesting note though, I was just watching the "World Stage" show that was recorded in Japan, and I noticed that Chris was using the Viva guitar during the B-stage techno GPASUYF performance. He probably did that all the time and I just never really paid attention before.

Aaahhhhhhh, yes I see now, you have very discerning eyes. And I suppose it's a good thing that they are different, because during the World Stage performance between the transition from GPASUYF to Talk, Chris just chucked the guitar on the ground. My first thought was, "oh, that poor guitar!"