✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Oh, now I'm confused. If I were to send it to anyone, should it be Debs, Anchorman, or the Exhibition Room? :confused:

DEBBSSS!!

She answered my concert question and Anchorman never replied my emails so Debs:laugh3:

i been analizing the background :lol:

coldplay-parachutes.jpg

both

10hr2tf.jpg

have the background of wood :D

thats even more amazing :lol:

the difference is the globe´s health :lol:

but i have to say :

i prefer "Parachutes 2010" even more :D

I prefer Parachutes 2010 too!!:wacky:

thanks for the beautiful pictures!!

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! That's AMAZING!!! It's just like the cover, haha... congrats to you for being patient and getting the perfect pic!! You definately need to send it to Anchorman! If I had won anything, I was going to send a pic of myself with it just to show it has a happy home! :thumbsup:

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! That's AMAZING!!! It's just like the cover, haha... congrats to you for being patient and getting the perfect pic!! You definately need to send it to Anchorman! If I had won anything, I was going to send a pic of myself with it just to show it has a happy home! :thumbsup:

So true!

i forgot to tell... SEND IT TO ANCHORMAN :D

So true!

i forgot to tell... SEND IT TO ANCHORMAN :D

But I dunno how... is it just [email protected]?

Ugh... such peer pressure from Juanma8 and mrman78 and others! :bomb: I'll have to sleep on it, and see what I think in the morning.

I definitely agree with them though!

I totally wouldn't be surprised if they posted it on the site.

I know Anchorman would say something about a lovely fan taking home the historical globe.

And who knows, maybe the guys will see it and you will make them smile.

:D

DO IT Carrie.

Yeah, you HAVE to do it. I mean, you have THE GLOBE! It's the one thing that I think they would wonder about since it's such a huge icon in their early career. At the very least, I'm sure Anchorman would tell/show the boys and it will make their day I'm sure to know it's not sitting on some investor's shelf or on Ebay, but in the hands of a true fan!

Thanks Carrie for all the amazing pics you have posted of the globe. They really are incredible, especially the one you took of it lit up and spinning. I'm in awe of how similar they are. Great job! :thumbsup: Thank you so much for sharing it with us! :hug:

You should send your pic to both Debs and Anchorman, see which says something, maybe even the Exhibition room, yes it's not original, but maybe they'll see it there too, if the others don't. You can use a city yo don't live in. ;)

Oh my goodness, you don't want to know... it was something like 200 or so. Took me almost an hour. I had the camera on a tiny little table-top tripod to keep it still, and then set a 10-second delay and started spinning it. It would take 3 pictures each cycle, at about 2-second intervals (or less), so spinning it without my hands being in the picture was a challenge

Whoa, that sounds tiring! :stunned: Your photo is absolutely STUNNING. Just looking at it and comparing it to the Parachutes cover made my heart melt, as sappy as it sounds. :nice:

Sorry if you're sick of hearing this, but I also think it would be fantastic for you to send the picture to Anchorman and Coldplay. I think they would love it!

Thank you so much for all the pictures you posted, NumbersGirl, from the sealed package to the lit globe!

..At the very least, I'm sure Anchorman would tell/show the boys and it will make their day I'm sure to know it's not sitting on some investor's shelf or on Ebay, but in the hands of a true fan!

:) Just my personal opinion, but I think the guys are already aware of the globe's new owner, her dedication to preserving such an important piece of Coldplay's band history, and last but not least, the general overall excitement felt by everyone here on Coldplaying.com that a true fan won this item vs someone just trying to make a profit off a nonprofit auction.

Judging from the various tweets & posts from the band's gurus (Anchorman, Oracle, #42), plus personal communication between auction winners & Debs, one can infer that "they" do visit the Coldplaying boards once in awhile for a little look-see. :shocked2:

Actually, there is no "inferring" with 42 :shifty: -- he openly admitted to reading the earlier auction posts and surely he's been reading the newer ones complete with our typed squeals of excitement & photos.

Side note to #42:
(Hi, how's it going? Great, great... Next time, could you please deposit your used gum in a trash/rubbish bin so Carrie doesn't feel compelled eat it off
next decade's auction item du jour
? Despite the travel stickers on the case, we still don't know all the places that strap has touched over the years. Most appreciated. Thanks.)

Carrie:

I am so upset that my email system once again labeled the updates for this thread as spam because I would have loved to have seen these photos in the daylight -- when screaming/squealing in excitement is acceptable vs one in the morning. If you're still taking photo requests, I'd love to send you one via a PM. You know, you should really consider charging for the "personalized photos" of the globe -- what a great way to work off some of that credit card debt!

Oh my goodness, you don't want to know... it was something like 200 or so. Took me almost an hour. I had the camera on a tiny little table-top tripod to keep it still, and then set a 10-second delay and started spinning it. It would take 3 pictures each cycle, at about 2-second intervals (or less), so spinning it without my hands being in the picture was a challenge (I deleted quite a few pictures for this very reason). I was getting frustrated and was about to give up, but then I gave it one last try... and tah-dah! So this one was in the last cycle.

Well, we all thank you so much for your perseverance :)

^ Or maybe send it to the Exhibition Room? :thinking: I just don't want to seem snarky.

Ha ha, not at all. I'm sure Coldplay fans all over the world would love to see it.

I'm still looking forward to your new siggy though :sneaky:

Ugh... such peer pressure from Juanma8 and mrman78 and others! :bomb: I'll have to sleep on it, and see what I think in the morning.

How about you just send a personal invite to Will to come and see it? :wink3:

Hey "NumbersGirl" Thanks for sharing the pictures :) I saw your name on Coldplay.com today:

February 10, 2010 - submitted by Mat, United States of America

Q. In one of the Coldplay posters featured during the Viva tour there is a globe that is above Chris' and Guy's head. Is this the same globe pictured on the Parachutes album?

The Oracle replies:

It isn't the same globe. Up until the recent Kids Company auction the original globe was in storage; now it belongs to Carrie in Michigan.

Hey "NumbersGirl" Thanks for sharing the pictures :) I saw your name on Coldplay.com today:

February 10, 2010 - submitted by Mat, United States of America

Q. In one of the Coldplay posters featured during the Viva tour there is a globe that is above Chris' and Guy's head. Is this the same globe pictured on the Parachutes album?

The Oracle replies:

It isn't the same globe. Up until the recent Kids Company auction the original globe was in storage; now it belongs to Carrie in Michigan.

:lol: I just poted that on Carrie' public profile :P

Side note to #42:(Hi, how's it going? Great, great... Next time, could you please deposit your used gum in a trash/rubbish bin so Carrie doesn't feel compelled eat it off next decade's auction item du jour? Despite the travel stickers on the case, we still don't know all the places that strap has touched over the years. Most appreciated. Thanks.)

:lol:

:laugh1:

:laugh3:

Yes, that was nasty... good thing I came to my senses in about a nanosecond!