🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Didn't you mention running around the street naked in it?? Might pay to tell your husband first before he has to collect you from the Police Office in it!:laugh3:

Negative Ricky – a hacker wrote the above comment! First they try to get your banking & personal info, next thing you know, they start they start write crazy comments about you running amok in the streets, wearing nothing but a pair of cowboy boots, a Viva tour jacket & a smile. :uhoh:

I’m obviously very embarrassed by the hackers’ previous comments, as it makes it appear I purchased the jacket for any purpose beyond that of a fashion enthusiast who likes donating to charity but more importantly, loves the music of Coldplay. :wink3: I’ve now learned that I must be more careful with my information/posts for fear that this could happen again… :facepalm:

(deleted)

Lo&Loud: I couldn’t be happier for you and your recent discovery! :D If anyone deserved to find such great pieces of Coldplay history stored within a secret compartment of their item, it should be you since you contributed so much to Kid & Co’s worthy cause! I can’t wait to see pictures of all of your items, both Coldplay and the other “used” guitars that you refer to in your post! Seriously, do you have a blog or website that you run with photos? If not, you should! :laugh3:

Sirhc:

I purchased the Gibson J200 KC1 guitar (aka Til' Kingdom Come") and one of the tour jackets (Guy's), but won't receive either one until the Latin American tour finishes. Obviously they're not just going to make poor Guy give up his jacket to me quite yet -- though I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it once it arrives... :inquisitive:

Afeather

I know! You're going to send it to meeeee! ;)

Stunning lo&loud, I don't know if I could have stopped myself from unpacking the rest, no matter the hassle. PLease send us some more pics when you're unpacking the rest!!

Just got message myself that I'll have my Bass by next week. Getting even more excited now.

:dance:

I Bloom Blaum is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL song...

i would guess T3 is for "Track 3"... it's track three on the In My Place single CD... i bet the last time he played this guitar might have been for the actual recording of that song on that album... or for a live performance in concert! (do the strings look very old/rusty? that song would have been recorded in 2002)

below is a link to the guitar tab for that song, and it features the exact tuning as seen on the tape:

http://tablaturas.buanzo.com.ar/index.php?ident=6078646

i know "A Message" had a very unique tuning... all strings down a half step, and two highest strings WAY down... can't wait to see if my guitar still has this tuning in place.

If it does, will you keep it set to that tuning? Or are you planning on playing the guitar?

They originally told me it would be 7 working days to ship, so I sent them a message on ebay asking for an update and got a response straight away.

The thrill of victory: :dance:

DHL are collecting this afternoon - will send you a tracking number as soon as we have one

Many thanks

- coldplaykidscoauction

then 1 minute later, the agony of defeat!: :bigcry:As detailed in the catalogue this guitar is being used on the Viva tour in Latin America and therefore is not available until March.

Many thanks

- coldplaykidscoauction

Oh well, I was expecting March to begin with.

They originally told me it would be 7 working days to ship, so I sent them a message on ebay asking for an update and got a response straight away.

The thrill of victory: :dance:

DHL are collecting this afternoon - will send you a tracking number as soon as we have one

Many thanks

- coldplaykidscoauction

then 1 minute later, the agony of defeat!: :bigcry:As detailed in the catalogue this guitar is being used on the Viva tour in Latin America and therefore is not available until March.

Many thanks

- coldplaykidscoauction

Sooooo.....are you going to pick it up in person in Monterrey? :wink3:

Well think of it this way Angie, you'll get more Jonny DNA on the thing AND you get to watch YOUR guitar being played by Jonny at the Mexico shows you are going to!! I mean, how cool is that?!! :D

OK, I just couldn't wait until Monday to unpack so I unpacked my Takamine..and wow..what a piece of history! I wanted to own this guitar ever since I first saw their pivotal Glastonbury 2000 performance. I always loved the part when Chris says to audience "It's great that you came here to see us now, before we go like Bon Jovi massive!" while holding his Takamine to start playing "Don't Panic". That truly was magical moment.

I can confirm that it was used on both the "Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head" as there is a sticker on the guitar that mentions "I Bloom Blaum" a track from the "In My Place" single.

I have been collecting music memorabilia for years and handled so many artist / band used guitars but never seen one this much used. It has history written all over it. There are handwritten notes on both guitar and the case, some parts are fixed and hold together by cable tapes. There are dings, scrathes all over the body.. it's certainly much played in many gigs. The case has a sprayed Colplay logo on it along with a Levi's Jeans sticker.

When I took out the guitar, I found a very neat suprise inside the guitar case - inside the hidden compartment :)

There was some loose change, 2 batteries, couple of broken guitar strings (must have been kept from early performances as a keepsake), couple packs of new guitar strings and the best part was 3 x different Chris Martin guitar picks and flyers for very early Starfish / "The" Coldplay gigs (one of them was folded like a paper aeroplane yay!) :D

4274460510_bc25ab4fb0.jpg

4273709477_b0dac1e8f7.jpg

4274458836_716c562986.jpg

4274472906_355380250f.jpg

4273716863_2db3ca4551.jpg

4274451590_5c981e4ed2.jpg

You. Are. The. Luckiest. LUCKIEST. Man. Alive. EVER. :bomb: :bomb: I'm so so sooooooo jealous. URGH. But, at the same time, VERY happy that you happen to be a member here and are kind enough to post pictures for us all to admire and feel green over. :P I can't wait to see the rest!!!! :D

Ohhh those Starfish flyers... :stunned: !!! I'm sure you could get a good amount of money if you auctioned those but I guess you'll be keeping them hehe. ;)

Sooooo.....are you going to pick it up in person in Monterrey? :wink3:

Seriously Ang, wouldn't it be cool if after the encore you could just yell to J "Hey hand it over buddy, it's mine now!!"

I thought about it, but I'm unsure about carrying a guitar through airport security. And I would have to buy a seat for the guitar because there is no way in hell I am checking it into baggage! I'll just wait for delivery I think.

However if J wants to grant me some visitation privileges, since I have paid my child support, I think I should get to go back stage and visit our current joint shared child. :sneaky:

However if J wants to grant me some visitation privileges, since I have paid my child support, I think I should get to go back stage and visit or current joint shared child. :sneaky:

Paid child support! Love it! Ah yes, the guitar is quite the lovechild... :laugh3:

I thought about it, but I'm unsure about carrying a guitar through airport security. And I would have to buy a seat for the guitar because there is no way in hell I am checking it into baggage! I'll just wait for delivery I think.

However if J wants to grant me some visitation privileges, since I have paid my child support, I think I should get to go back stage and visit our current joint shared child. :sneaky:

You trust DHL more than Mexicana or Aeromexico? :laugh3: And isn't it going to come as baggage anyway when they ship it from London? I have seen people carry on guitar cases and the flight attendant puts it in the closet...

But a temporary joint custody agreement would be good - you should be able to visit it after all the Mexico shows, caress it, fondle the strings, stroke the neck :wink3:

did any other auction winners hear anything else from them about shipping? i first heard it would be shipped last week... then they told me on Monday it would be next day... and now i saw somebody mention DHL was coming today to pick everything up. what's the latest word anybody has received?? thanks!

I have received no word other than Gemma's e-mail last week which indicated she would give me a tracking number once it shipped. If I don't hear anything by, maybe, Wednesday Jan 20, I'll probably ask her if it shipped yet. I don't really care when it arrives, just as long as I know it's been shipped... which I don't know yet. :tongue:

^ That.

I'm still miffed by PayPal though (not that KidsCo had any control over that, so I can't be upset at them). I've tried to use PayPal a grand total of three times (once for the auction), and it's only worked once (and not for the auction). My co-worker says I'll look back and laugh at the PayPal problems once I get the globe. Mmm, I don't think so. More like PoopyPal.