🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

I was laughing at the "hostile environment" bit.

But, I suppose that's what you were referring to anyway. :tongue:

Well it is! :uhoh:

I got Jonny's Black telecaster today! DHL shipped it so quickly, I will always be thankful about that! I hope I will be able to post some pictures this evening. Right now it's just pure awesomeness :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:

Thanks for the info Jason!

I went to Borders.com to see if they had any at the store locations (so I can just take a peek at the info I need), but unfortunately it was only available online. They had a link to used books, so I'm getting it for $2.75 (+S&H). :awesome: I don't need the book to be in excellent condition; I just want to make sure I keep my item in excellent condition. ;)

I thought we had this sorted Carrie? - bullet proof case! :P

The only thing I found hidden in the secret box was a key to lock down the case, so no broken strings or flyers for me

Aaaaw, bugger :(

Oh it's beautiful! Did it come with the strap? And what's up with Berryman's signature? Guy tired, no more signie! :lol: Jonny signed his last name. :wacko:

Hahaha :laugh3: That is rather lazy Guy! :whip:

It all looks sensational, love the telecaster, congratulations again everyone. Meanwhile I still haven't received my tracking number.:(

+1 :dozey:

:( x2

I will be seriously bummed[/size][/color] if my GRB jacket & certificate arrive with a less than enthusiastic signature. I'm not expecting a love note...but I'd like to be able to at least see a distinguishable "G"!

I know what's done is done, so here's to hoping...[/size][/color] :rolleyes:

Since you're not expecting a love note, if you get one can I have it? :sneaky:

Don't know why this would need a certificate, no one else is skinny enough to wear that jacket. :P

:laugh3:

Awesome - thanks for posting the photo, Sirhc. Very nice!

By the way, you might want to pick up a book called "Saving Stuff" written by the conservator of the Smithsonian - lots of great tips in there that might be of help to winners of pieces from the auction.

I did a little review of it here: LINK

It's only $14 on Amazon...

sabesie - congrats on receiving your Telecaster! I am curious about how it was shipped - did they box it up in the case, or just send it in it's case?

Jason

Thanks, this is really helpfull!

Actually, I was indeed thinking about a way to protect the signatures. They signed the frame on the glass, and I don't want them to fade out. Just imagine someone wants to clean it and erases the signatures :stunned:

Does anyone have experience with this? Any good advice?

Thanks, this is really helpfull!

Actually, I was indeed thinking about a way to protect the signatures. They signed the frame on the glass, and I don't want them to fade out. Just imagine someone wants to clean it and erases the signatures :stunned:

Does anyone have experience with this? Any good advice?

If that happened I think grievous bodily harm would be justifiable :P

Sirhc,

The website I sent earlier (http://www.hollingermetaledge.com) has a section dedicated to preserving & cleaning items. I was planning on emailing my curator friend today, so I'll just go ahead and ask his thoughts regarding the best products & methods to use for cleaning the glass. One thing I do know is that you'll need to be prepared to drop some more $$$ on museum grade glass for the outer frame!! :)[/color][/font][/size]

Thanks so much!!

I don't worry about the extra $$$, the signatures give the frame it's value, so it'll be worth it :)

a few details about "A Message" guitar:

-- COA was just resting under the bubble wrap and on top of guitar case... i could have easily damaged it by cutting into the wrap wrong!

-- first thing I saw was the pink tape with the tuning used for "A Message" on it... so I know it's the right guitar

-- it is the SJ-200 "Historic Collection" model

-- the guitar is actually tuned to standard EADGBE tuning

-- based on the tape on the guitar, it appears to have been used for "Sparks" recently

-- inside the case were:

a black Ernie Ball strap

unused/unopened set of strings (D'Addario Medium Acoustic Strings EXP17)

four guitar picks (one black Gibson Acoustic, three grey Jim Dunlop .88mm nylon)

owners manual

Gibson Gold Warranty (not filled out)

guitar humidifier instructions... and...

a pre-pack checklist from Gibson, with the date (of purchase??) of 04/22/05, serial number and model number, and inspection initials

any ideas what the Roman Numeral V means on tape in two places, next to the A Message tuning and next to Sparks?

any ideas what 25/2 means?

Great pictures guys! Keep them coming :)

One suggestion..please keep the items "as is". Don't try to "play" them or so.

Keep them in the final condition as left by the band once they last touched them. These are artifacts.

2aiiu7p.jpg This is the certificate that comes with the item!

Wow, great pics of the guitars!!! Congrats!! I wish I was getting something, especially one of the COA! Looks like Will and Jonny veared from their usual autographs to sign more like their names. Maybe because it's on a COA and not really an 'autograph' per se... Looks like that is what happened with Guy too, but it's kind of lame... it is different to his usual autograph though. And Chris, well, I guess he decided not to change at all! :rolleyes:

Don't know why still i didn't get my tracking number and i didn't get my lithograph as said by them in the message too!

I don't know what happened to it.

New Jersey is not that far from UK as Australia is.And the others are getting their things too.Don't know when i'll be seeing mine.I paid for it right after the next day i won in the auction.Only two messages from them for me so far.

One saying they'll be despatching it with in 7 working days.

And another is assuring me that i may receive it on Jan 20.

Nothing happened till now,I am still waiting.:rolleyes: