✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Something New: Parachutes

oldmuckers

One of the things that I love about Coldplay is that no matter how many times I listen to an album I always seem to find something that I didn't notice before. This was the case when I decided to listen to Parachutes today for the first time in quite a while. Before i share what it is that found I thought it would be interesting to ask other board members to go back and listen to the album again, really listen, and then make a post on this thread with anything new that you just never really noticed before. It's like finding out something new about and old friend and if enough people participate we can do it with the rest of the albums.

What I found: So I was listening to the album the whole way through today and, as sily as it is, I never noticed that how in the song Parachutes there is a direct lyrical reference tho the Shiver. We all know the line from Shiver, "I'll be waiting in line just to see if you care" and it just hit me for the first time today that in the song Parachutes he sings "here I am and I'll wait in line." I know it seems like a small detail but for me it adds evem more depth to that little 46 second song and ties the album together a little more in a way.

I would really love to hear what other people find... be it a lyric, concept, bass line, guitar riff... anything that is new to you even after all these years.

Coincidentally, I've had Parachutes on non-stop rotation in my car cd player for about 2 weeks now. :lol: In anticipation... ugh... :bomb:

I'm not sure that I've noticed anything odd/different about it from when I listed to it before, but I do understand what you mean about lyrics being repeated or referenced in other songs. I have noticed they do that quite often throughout their entire catalog of songs, even now.

I think this thread, and others like it that will hopefully come, is a great idea! I'm a relatively new Coldplay uberfan, so this is awesome. I love that there are people as geeky as I am about our boys to talk to. Now, I'm off to listen. Will report back later with any findings. :)

I think this thread, and others like it that will hopefully come, is a great idea! I'm a relatively new Coldplay uberfan, so this is awesome. I love that there are people as geeky as I am about our boys to talk to. Now, I'm off to listen. Will report back later with any findings. :)

:lol:thats what we're here for :cool4:

This is not on the parachutes album but on the AROBTTH I heard that 'moo' in the middle of the song!!:laugh3:

Small things I never noticed:

-Chris singing something random ("we live in a ba da ba da???....") during the Don't Panic piano solo.

-Jonny doesn't play High Speed in one cut on the record. His intro guitar continues to fade into his pre-verse riff (at :25). Technically if he was playing live the intro riff should stop and only the 'repeated' verse should be heard (maybe I haven't explained it clearly :P). Yes it's technically and stuff :P

-Small little piano fills in 'We Never Change'

Almost at the end of Square One you can listen to some guitar notes that make you shiver because they start very low and then they go higher till the start of the end (:P) of the song, and that moment is BEAUTIFUL!! :smug:

Did you notice that? ^^ :)

:lol:thats what we're here for :cool4:

This is not on the parachutes album but on the AROBTTH I heard that 'moo' in the middle of the song!!:laugh3:

Ahaha Amy I love the random moo! :laugh3:

And I just noticed that in Don't Panic they use a shaker-sort of instrument at some points...and in For You, I can hear the piano bench creak. :lol: