✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

let's talk birthdays...

mrs. chris martin

a little side note before i rant: today, february third, 2/3, or written the way the rest of the world writes it 3/2, is my birthday. chris martin's birthday is march second, 3/2, or written by the rest of the world 2/3. i'm just weird & like number patterns is all.

annnyyyywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, my birthday used to be this huge holiday for me, but just not this year. today is just like any other day. i'm stuck in school until 7 pm, and i just feel like i've wasted the last 16 years of my life. and what's up w/ that?! it's like going through a mid-life crisis. i was truly regretting this day, but i yesterday i got an email from coldplaying.com wishing me a happy birthday. that kinda made me happy & not hate my birthday as much. it's just all a part of growing up, and really just not wanting to grow up.

it's kind of like hating the holidays. does anyone else hate their birthdays?

Happy Birthday!!! :heart:

Well I started hating my birthdays on my 17th one...my family have always screwed the entire day with arguments and all...then I realized that it's a normal day and you decide what to do with it...I decided to enjoy it and be happy no matter how crappy it would turn out to be...since then I'm not happier but I'm ok if nothing special happens.....

I share a birthday with Adolf Hitler.

And the anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre.

And the week of the Virginia Tech shootings.

Yeah, I know.

Ohhhhh, sorry to hear that. It may not be that nice :\

Hmmm, interesting. Last year I realized I was not into birthdays anymore. Just like ceolsige said (I'm sorry, dunno your name :( ), this year I'm turning 20 and becoming 19 was like a punch at my face. I thought about becoming an adult with lots of responsabilities, true and important decisions to make and everything else envolved. But, anyway, imo, I think it's important for you to try to do something different and special in some way when you become older. I mean, birthdays actually have a special meaning, you know.

a little side note before i rant: today, february third, 2/3, or written the way the rest of the world writes it 3/2, is my birthday. chris martin's birthday is march second, 3/2, or written by the rest of the world 2/3. i'm just weird & like number patterns is all.

*thread auto-ignore*

i was truly regretting this day, but i yesterday i got an email from coldplaying.com wishing me a happy birthday. that kinda made me happy & not hate my birthday as much.

Yeah that's automated.

My birthday, like any calender event, is pretty meaningless. I don't particularly like getting older, but the changing of a number doesn't scare me, even if it represents another year.

annnyyyywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, my birthday used to be this huge holiday for me, but just not this year. today is just like any other day. i'm stuck in school until 7 pm, and i just feel like i've wasted the last 16 years of my life. and what's up w/ that?! it's like going through a mid-life crisis. i was truly regretting this day, but i yesterday i got an email from coldplaying.com wishing me a happy birthday. that kinda made me happy & not hate my birthday as much. it's just all a part of growing up, and really just not wanting to grow up.

it's kind of like hating the holidays. does anyone else hate their birthdays?

You feel like you've wasted your whole life? What are you, 40!? Wait, you're NOT, you're 16 and if you're truly regretting being 16 and think you're going through a mid-life crisis then I think you need to see a doctor because that's just ridiculous.

You're 16, have some perspective! Enjoy yourself now instead of needlessly worrying.

Happy birthday! :D

My birthday is March 18. Consequently, what I like to do is combine St. Patrick's Day (March 17) and my birthday and imagine myself having a 2-day holiday bash. It allows me to feel excited about such an occasion. /random.

I agree with the above post, though. You're 16. You have a whole life ahead of you. Be excited. Be merry. :)

birthdays are just another day.

not that the whole fucking school is gonna remember my birthday and wish me. damn it, i spend my time online most the time, i have no life, i'm no one. jeez.

im such a self-centered bitch. but aren't all of us humans self-centered? sheesh.

these replies made me laugh.

btw my old school's dean of discipline had the same birthday as hitler. isn't that like april 21? or it's sometime around then.

so i did nothing on my birthday. except a bunch of stuff for school. but it was weird, everyone wished me a happy birthday yesterday, the day after my birthday.

i forget which show/movie i heard this from, but a guy asked a girl why she liked watching the same movies over & over again, and she replied "i like knowing how things end." life's pretty much a movie, and yeah sometimes they're fun to watch when you know what's gonna happen next, but as heart-pounding, sweaty-palm making, anticipating, wanting to rip your hair out b/c you wanna know what happens next it is, it's just funner when you encounter the unexpected

my birthday is today. i'm 18. i can legally join the army and die. but i can't go buy a budlight.

you can also get married and divorced, elect the next president of the united states, smoke a cigarette, get a mortgage to a house, or sign any other legal document. but don't you DARE have a beer!

happy birthday!!

you can also get married and divorced, elect the next president of the united states, smoke a cigarette, get a mortgage to a house, or sign any other legal document. but don't you DARE have a beer!

Yeah because one beer can really mess up my life. Not like that other inconsequential stuff you listed. :facepalm: