✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Turkish girl, 16, 'buried alive by her father because she had friendships with boys'

mc_squared

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way earlier:

Like other news items such as a girl being sentenced to a number of lashes in Saudi Arabia, or homosexuals legally punished by execution, I don't really see how this is supposed to start any sort of discussion other then us just sitting here going "That is horrifically terribly brutally awfully disgustingly insanely ridiculously BAD".

The trouble is, progress (if indeed there's been any) appears to be at a snail's pace, especially when you bear in mind this is the 21st century, not the Dark Ages, with which this kind of behaviour is generally associated.

IMO, it beggars belief that this kind of thing is still happening, and I would suggest the more it's "exposed", the better.

The level of anachronism is on a par with witch and "heretic" burning, which thankfully died out hundreds of years ago, as the practice reported here should have.

Yes, it's beyond our comprehension that people are capable of doing this. It's also beyond our comprehension that this is their belief, no matter how cruel it may seem. I'm not saying it's right, definately not right, but our relations with the countries in the middle east is already shaky enough as it is without all of us condemning them for it.

Yes it moves by a "snail's pace", but it's the beginning. It's always slow in the beginning, when more people change their believes you will se a faster revolution than we have now.

im with anyone who doesnt really see the point of posting stories like this? prob. should read the thread more but that would take to damn long.

so why post this on a coldplay forum? best case scenario is Chris sees this and feels sorry and starts some charity thing or something.

what the fuck are you gonna do? or anyone else on here? yea its bad but this is just pointless to talk about it in this way. go complain to someone who has the power to do something.

Yes, it's beyond our comprehension that people are capable of doing this. It's also beyond our comprehension that this is their belief, no matter how cruel it may seem. I'm not saying it's right, definately not right, but our relations with the countries in the middle east is already shaky enough as it is without all of us condemning them for it.

Yes it moves by a "snail's pace", but it's the beginning. It's always slow in the beginning, when more people change their believes you will se a faster revolution than we have now.

The question is, how many decades or centuries is it going to take?:dozey: