✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Turkish girl, 16, 'buried alive by her father because she had friendships with boys'

mc_squared

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like other news items such as a girl being sentenced to a number of lashes in Saudi Arabia, or homosexuals legally punished by execution, I don't really see how this is supposed to start any sort of discussion other then us just sitting here going "That is horrifically terribly brutally awfully disgustingly insanely ridiculously BAD".

I know I bring up the Daily Mail too much when it comes to this, but it's such a common trait how much the Mail readers love to victimise and persecute, stories like this they can sit around the coffee table with family members, having a field day.

i agree, while I do think that the people responsible are prized ****s who deserve to die a slow painful death on a personal level, it's not really for the Western world to decide how other Countries decide their laws etc.

I agree with Reilly here, although the story is terrible and all that, there is nothing really here NEW to discuss. I mean, we could all sit around and post about how horrible it is and make ourselves feel a little better for putting down the bad guy, but it's not going to actually achieve anything when these sorts of articles are posted again and again and again.

I challenge you to say I am sticking my head in the sand. I dare you.

it's not going to actually achieve anything when these sorts of articles are posted again and again and again.

THIS

There are those who go on crusades and campaigns to exploit unreported news stories to make a change in the world, and then are those who bring it up so they have something to be disgusted and pissed off about.

Mark, you're the latter.

Anyone who reads the news would have known about this story or have been aware to stories similar to it. For those who don't, this is just incredibly unsettling. Well done.

THIS

There are those who go on crusades and campaigns to exploit unreported news stories to make a change in the world, and then are those who bring it up so they have something to be disgusted and pissed off about.

Mark, you're the latter.

Wrong, because the more this kind of thing is exposed, the more chance there is that something will be done to stop such evil practices taking place.

Such stories need to be reported to show the world what's going on, therefore the media should be applauded and congratulated.;)

i agree, while I do think that the people responsible are prized ****s who deserve to die a slow painful death on a personal level, it's not really for the Western world to decide how other Countries decide their laws etc.

Inhumane practices such as this need to be eradicated, no matter where in the world they're taking place.;)

Most stories have "shock" value, or else they wouldn't be stories in the first place.

Wrong, because the more this kind of thing is exposed, the more chance there is that something will be done to stop such evil practices taking place.

Such stories need to be reported to show the world what's going on, therefore the media should be applauded and congratulated.;)

I already mentioned the campaigns/crusades that people make to genuinely change the world, and I also mentioned that you are not one of them. Do you actually believe that you posting this story is going to make any difference to the honour killings that are carried out in South East Turkey?

I can't believe I just wrote that as an actual, serious question :stunned: But this is what you bring me to.

AGAIN- where did anyone say the media should not report these stories?! You are still going down the road that all of us don't want to know because you have little else to write.

I said that you shouldn't post them. You may tell yourself you do it to make the world a better place, but that's ridiculous.

If anyone's being ridiculous, it's you for trying to tell people what, and what not to post. That's arrogant in the extreme.

:dozey:

If you don't like it, tough - go and post elsewhere.

I already mentioned the campaigns/crusades that people make to genuinely change the world, and I also mentioned that you are not one of them. Do you actually believe that you posting this story is going to make any difference to the honour killings that are carried out in South East Turkey?

I can't believe I just wrote that as an actual, serious question :stunned: But this is what you bring me to.

AGAIN- where did anyone say the media should not report these stories?! You are still going down the road that all of us don't want to know because you have little else to write.

I said that you shouldn't post them. You may tell yourself you do it to make the world a better place, but that's ridiculous.

If anyone's being ridiculous, it's you for trying to tell people what, and what not to post. That's arrogant in the extreme.

:dozey:

If you don't like it, tough - go and post elsewhere.

Hahahaha, that's a real dive-for-the-exit-door response.

You always edit to add the oddest things: "If you don't like it, tough - go and post elsewhere." You just had to go back and include that? Like it's going to make a difference?

You just said it's arrogant that I'm telling you what to post, and then you tell me not to post full stop, the hypocrisy is astounding! I'm not surprised you don't want me posting in your threads though.

I guess you wont object when I post my pro-nazi thread in 2 mins then?

The point is clear, but seeing as you didn't state it in a crystal clear way, it's going to go completely over his head.

Like it's going to make a difference?

Same as anything you say is going to make any difference?:rolleyes:

You just said it's arrogant that I'm telling you what to post, and then you tell me not to post full stop, the hypocrisy is astounding! I'm not surprised you don't want me posting in your threads though.

I'm not telling you not to post, I was merely saying that if you object to the topic for some reason, and have nothing to contribute to it, you should go and post elsewhere, as you're wasting your time.;)

Same as anything you say is going to make any difference?

I'm well aware that it won't, you're going to carry on being the way you are, which (And here I'm not joking or attempting to just be brutally abusive) is a genuine shame. Especially as eventually you can't even defend yourself so you resort to just telling me to stop posting here.

I'm not telling you not to post' date=' I was merely saying that if you object to the topic for some reason, and have nothing to contribute to it, you should go and post elsewhere, as you're wasting your time.[/quote']

Right so you aren't telling me not to post, you're just telling me where to post, which is the exact same principle.

Right so you aren't telling me not to post, you're just telling me where to post, which is the exact same principle.

It appears you need to brush up on your English skills, as suggesting or recommending isn't the same as telling/ordering in any way whatsoever.:rolleyes:

You can do whatever you like, but it won't achieve anything.:lol:

Yeah, what Nathan said, but I'll repeat it because he called you retarded and his opinion is therefore irrelevant afterall (Sorry Nath, you gotta play the game).

Not with the "if" it isn't. It's clearly a suggestion.:rolleyes:

The "if" was about me liking it or not, since I don't like it then the rest was indeed an order aimed at me.

So many people clearly have a lot to learn........................ :rolleyes:

Then teach us oh wise one!

Teach us how telling me if I don't like your topic then I must not post in it, isn't an order, teach us how that's a suggestion. Because common sense and all that sure is telling me otherwise.

Then teach us oh wise one!

Teach us how telling me if I don't like your topic then I must not post in it, isn't an order, teach us how that's a suggestion. Because common sense and all that sure is telling me otherwise.

Then clearly you have a common sense "deficiency", as if I had simply wanted to tell you to go elsewhere (which would clearly be futile), I would have done so.:rolleyes:

Then clearly you have a common sense "deficiency", as if I had simply wanted to tell you to go elsewhere (which would clearly be futile), I would have done so.:rolleyes:

You literally told me "go and post elsewhere", to make this as clear as possible to you, the context doesn't matter, because whatever circumstance I'm in, whether I like the topic, hate the topic, whatever, you are still telling me to post elsewhere.

Is this getting through at all?

OK let me just put this into practice. You told me to go and post elsewhere if I don't like your topic, well, hey! I don't like it (as if that needed to be cleared up anyway). What are you telling me to do?

Make sense?