✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help me with my school project! :) What makes it fun being a fan of Coldplay, and why do you like th

ARushOfLove

OK, so I'm having this presentation about Coldplay in a few weeks - and they give a plus for doing something creative. :smug: So, I decided to talk a little bit about how it's like being a fan of Coldplay. Personally, I think it is really fun, with Roadie #42, Anchorman, Oracle and, of course, you guys! :) Also, like when the guys dedicate songs for fans that have died and so on. (RIP Yumi)

So, tell me what you think - help me get a good mark! :heart:

PS. Great if you also mention why you like Coldplay's music.

Thank you all for helping me :)

EDIT: So yeah, I had it today - and i got a 5, maybe even 5+ :D Only thing i forgot to mention was the end of decade clearout sale...:facepalm: I mentioned some of what you guys said, and the teacher was impressed that I'd been speaking to people from all over the world. Hihi.

its fun because of their website with the oracle, rodie 42's blog, and how they keep in touch through the site. they make me feel like they actually care about their fans and it makes me feel closer to them. they make a great connection with their fans through their wonderful music.

of course their music plays a HUGE part in why i love coldplay so much!

their music makes a connection with me in an emotional way. i cant quite explain it. they have wonderful melodies :heart: the way i feel about their music cant be explained quite right in words.:heart:

and their concerts! well you know about them! b-stage, c-stage! balloons, butterflies! they go all out for their fans and they get involved. they seem to be genuinely nice guys who care about music and helping others. they are passionate about what they do!

its fun to be a part of that.

they are also so funny in interviews!

^anacaren08 tells already a lot of good idea's

you can tell something about the band, some funny quotes, there are a bunch of them on here. show everyone how funny they are and how they try to stay close to and with their fans. and that they just act like normal people, they stayed with both feet on the ground even when they're so famous. and about the concerts is also a great idea. yknow with the butterfly's and everything. and the fact that they always are trying to let people buy fair trade chocolat or help other good organisations! (chriss writing on his hand/piano and the = mark on his hand)

and maybe most important, try to let them show your passion for them and why you like them so much that you wanted to share it so badly. is you believe in your subject, you ALWAYS get a high mark.

succes! let us know the mark afterwards!!

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Well, no, not really :rolleyes:

I believe the reason why i like Coldplay, is because, it´s like a culture to me.

I wouldn´t say religion.

It effects alot of things i do, and it just makes my life just more enjoyable.

I look forward to alot of things, and just being apart of the fanbase makes me happy.

It´s like i entered onto another world, i changed alot.

In, almost everything.

I became a vegetarian, alot of my goals changed, the way i speak, the way i think and blah blah.

I used to be gothic, but it was just pure bull crap.

I think i was letting society take over me, when i started to like Coldplay, i liked it, because i actually liked it.

And i still do.

It´s just a pretty thing to be a part of. :nice:

yea^ not the emo part but

i had lost sight of what i actually liked because in middle school my friends moved away or changed and stopped talking to me. so i was forced to find new friends and i tried to become what i thought i needed to be in order to have friends. but with coldplay i liked it just because i did, no one else i knew liked them and this helped to realize that i stopped caring if they liked me or not and i realized that i was just being fake. so i discovered who i was thanks to them. and i made good friends along the way that liked me the way i was.

It's easy to relate to their music, the songs are catchy, rhythmic and melodic.

Ok, many people may not like Chris, but he IS a nice person, like it or not.

It's a very pleasurable experience to see them live, as they like to engage with the audience, and make everybody feel welcome.

I'm out of ideas lol.

But, don't mention the Oracle or Roadie 42, coz most people won't know what ur talking about and they'll think...WTF?

But, i think it's a fantastic idea for a presentation...good luck, and I hope i helped :)

Wow, what an amazing project to be allowed to do :) I would love to do something like that but my school are boring andd don't do cool things :P

Everyone has already said heaps of brilliant ideas, but one thing that I think is going to be hard to explain is why you like their music. Obviously I adore Coldplay's music and without it my life would be miserable, and nowhere near as happy as it is now, but there aren't many reasons I can think of WHY I like it - I just... do! It's as much a part of me as everything else and I think aniskywalker and PlayinWithColdFingers sum up the principles of Coldplay really well - it's not just their music, although that is the epitome of all they do, but the way of life as well.

All the Coldplay boys are so grounded, despite their huge status, and even as they've become worldwide-famous they've kept their feet on the ground. They're not snobby and all high-and-mighty about their fame and they connect with their fans just the same as they would anyone else. Ther principles and morals (Fair Trade, Oxfam etc) show a fabulous sense of goodness in them and I think it's so kind of them to use them fame for positive things rather than using it negatively which would be so much easier. As Chris said, rock and roll isn't about the sex, drink and drugs, it's about doing what YOU want do and not caring what anyone else thinks. For example, thanks to Coldplay I can see that I should always stay true to myself and not change just so that other people 'like' me more - I'd rather be myself and be happy in myself than have fake friends. Hope your project goes well - if I think of anything more, I'll post! x

Everything about them is so personal; their down-to-earth/modest attitude, hand-written thank-you's, letting fans take over parts of the site (Exhibition Room, Oracle), blogs from R#42, meaningful songs (unlike mainstream pop today...), their charity work (Jonny auctioning his beloved guitar is so awesome), giving away a free CD just for being a fan, I could go on forever!

For me, they've changed a lot about me; I've taken up a lot of the band's modest personality, I believe in Chris's devotion to certain causes, I've taken up learning piano, and I think more importantly, I no longer care when people make fun of me because of something I do/like, I just accept their statement as an opinion, and not let it bother me (I'm now labeled the "Coldplay gay-lover" at my school :P)

yea^ not the emo part but

i had lost sight of what i actually liked because in middle school my friends moved away or changed and stopped talking to me. so i was forced to find new friends and i tried to become what i thought i needed to be in order to have friends. but with coldplay i liked it just because i did, no one else i knew liked them and this helped to realize that i stopped caring if they liked me or not and i realized that i was just being fake. so i discovered who i was thanks to them. and i made good friends along the way that liked me the way i was.

Never emo.Gothic.

I guess it was the style back in the year 2001.

I like Coldplay because they are so honest. They never put something out there just to make money, they just want to be themselves. I think they helped me to be myself more too. They're accessible to so many people, but they seem to make you feel like their music is just for you.

I hope you get a good grade! :)

Well, I was a kind of dark girl too. A mix of punky-emo-heavy girl (wow I was such a stupid girl. Wait, I think Im still a stupid girl, but anyway...), and I saw the world in a light way. I was still a child, I know. I had a terrible taste of music, a terrible taste of clothes. I really sucked (now I suck just a bit)

Then I had a CHANGE. I started to listen to other music and "culturize" myself. One of the bands that clicked me was Coldplay.

This group of guys showed me through their songs another way of view. And right now, Im having a change, even I like punk music and kinda that. But Im growing up, and Im getting old slowly (please, very slowly), and I have to settle down. I think Coldplay is the perfect band to enjoy music.

Coldplay was one of the first bands whose songs made me realize that music really can take you on an emotional journey through gorgeous melodies and comforting lyrics. Before, I just liked some particular music artists because their music "sounded cool", but I can't say their songs really moved me. Coldplay did just that, once I began to truly listen to their music and appreciate it.

I also love how they do their best to be in touch with their fans, no matter how big or famous they get.

EDIT: And good luck with your project! :)

Never emo.Gothic.

I guess it was the style back in the year 2001.

...:inquisitive:

Anyway, for me it's fun to giggle at all the other nutjobs over things. I used to really be a big fan, their first album Parachutes is what made me start exploring in the music world and listening.

Their music is more intelligent and powerful than any other music I've ever heard. Their music makes me feel things I don't feel with other bands. Their music can completely change my emotion in just four minutes. Their music keeps me grounded. Their music keeps me happy.

It sounds corny, but it's true.

Ok, so I'm procrastinating and thought I should finally answer this. I've read all the answers people have given and I absolutely agree with most of them.

Ok, here goes.

Coldplay was with me during my entire teenage period. And as you all know, there are a lot of feelings and stuff happening during that time. They've been with me through really hard times and really happy ones as well. I love their music, because I have a lot of emotional connections to almost every song. Their music touches me in ways that only a few other artist have done. I think they consistently make really good music, and they always stay true to what they do.

The boys themselves seem like really lovely people. They're funny in interviews and they're kind to their fans. The Oracle is a fun feature. Roadie #42 blogs always light up my day! The Photoblogs have been so much fun. It really helps when you're not able to attend a concert.

They're also amazing live. I've never seen anything quite like it.

And now, with the forum and all, they have given me a lot of new friends that I never would've gotten to know if I hadn't joined. (Now, that's a scary thought for me).

I just sincerely love Coldplay. They are a huge part of my life, and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

I don't know what else to say, really. I could go on and on about how Chris makes my heart melt and stuff like that, but you know... That's such a small part of the whole 'why I love Coldplay' business.

:heart: Good luck with your project!

Aww, thanks guys! :kiss: :) this is exactly what i need! Amazing that some of you actually can explaine why you like their music, I really can't find the words to describe it.

I think im gonna have the presentation tuesday next week, and yes, I'll tell you how it goes. But I must warn you - oral presentations isnt really my thing... (Doh, I think its gonna be really good, since its about my absolute favourite band ever) :laugh3:

ANYWAYS: just keep on posting! :heart: And also, feel free to tell me if you think of something you really think I should mention.

Some more thoughts:

* Weird one, but the fact they don't swear in their songs makes it suitable for all ages :P

*Their lyrics are so incredibly moving, whether the slower, ballad-types ones or the really happy, up-tempo ones.

*As people have said, the interactive factor - Exhibition Room, Oracle etc

*Handing out LRLRL free - not many bands would be kind enough to do a non-profit thing like that

*Their songs can relate to every aspect of your life and they take you on an incredible emotional journey - sorry if someone's said this already.

*These reasons and all of the above!!!

Hope you get a good grade for it (echoing other people now, aorry :lol:)

I'd say the only fun I get out of being a coldplay fan is going to gigs, I carn't say I have fun on the website or this forum, its just to have something to do, which just so happens to involve my fave band, its not like I have any friends here! It would be fun then! Nobody I know likes coldplay, so its not like I have anyone to talk to about them or share things with.

How can I explain about the music? Well, it sometimes feels like chris is in my head and he knows how I feel and thats what hes writing about. Not many people can do that to me!!

Their music is more intelligent and powerful than any other music I've ever heard. Their music makes me feel things I don't feel with other bands. Their music can completely change my emotion in just four minutes. Their music keeps me grounded. Their music keeps me happy.

It sounds corny, but it's true.

Christina that is very nice, the music of Coldplay is beautiful. Chris in Enough Rope said that the music of a band shows they really are, therefore he is gorgeous.:D