✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Muse vs. School...

TheNextChris

So I really wanna see muse on an upcoming tour, but they're only show in my area is on a school night :cry: , and it's 2 hours away from my house, so I'd have to miss school the next day. How can I convince my parents that it is worth missing 1 day of school to see the best live band ever? Thanks :)

It's not so bad going to school after a concert... I mean so what... you're tired. You can always sleep when you get home.

In terms of convincing your parents I think you can just tell them that it's only one day of classes and it won't become a habit. I mean honestly... missing one day of class is not bad at all.

miss school. you might never get chance to see Muse again!

This

agreed. they are very much in the "twilight" years of their careers at the moment.

:lol:

^ OMG, was that a pun? NOOOOO! :bigcry:

hahaha good pun though! :P

If I was in your situation I would have found a way to go to the concert and skip school the next day.

This... or actually going to school the next day.

It's not so bad going to school after a concert... I mean so what... you're tired. You can always sleep when you get home.

In terms of convincing your parents I think you can just tell them that it's only one day of classes and it won't become a habit. I mean honestly... missing one day of class is not bad at all.

Zactly

Go.

+1

Muse > school.[/size][/b] Duh. But I don't see why you'd have to miss school. :thinking:

+23545376543...

Medschool > Muse.

Radiohead > Muse.

Even Coldplay > Muse.

Muse = Shit.

No offense fans.

But I mean, it's just one night. It's not like you're seeing them every night of the tour.

You can survive a night without sleeping as much as you do :nice:

Now parents..

Um..

I dunno, depends on how strict your parents are. Also, I mean, wtf, you're in.. middle school?

Kindergarden?

At this point of your school life, it's ok if you miss a day. You're still graduating :thinking:

Are your schools that strict? :wtf:

I took two days off school when i saw coldplay.

Go and catch up on notes when you can.

I have taken days off school when i have had a bad headache and cold

or sometimes for shopping trips.

They're not strict here.

Oh and for parents...:thinking:

comprimise? Do a favour or chores for them? :shrug:

Ok, just so you all know, I'm in high school, and I live in Chicago, the show is in Milwaukee, that's a 2 hour drive. the show is at 7:30, I get out of school at 3:20, and shows usually end around 11. I'd get home at 1 AM. My mom could get the next day off work. I could just miss the first 1/2 periods, if necessary. I don't know why my parents don't think of this as a valid reason to leave school, I've been taken out for baseball games, I've been taken out for doctor's appoitments, I've been taken out for funerals. I mean, baseball games, there are hundreds every year in my city. This might be my only chance to see Muse. Bah, why can't I just create a robot of myself to go to school. grrr. If only cloning was invented....

Ok, just so you all know, I'm in high school, and I live in Chicago, the show is in Milwaukee, that's a 2 hour drive. the show is at 7:30, I get out of school at 3:20, and shows usually end around 11. I'd get home at 1 AM. My mom could get the next day off work. I could just miss the first 1/2 periods, if necessary. I don't know why my parents don't think of this as a valid reason to leave school, I've been taken out for baseball games, I've been taken out for doctor's appoitments, I've been taken out for funerals. I mean, baseball games, there are hundreds every year in my city. This might be my only chance to see Muse. Bah, why can't I just create a robot of myself to go to school. grrr. If only cloning was invented....

why not just tell them that it's only missing one day of school that's not a bit deal, and it's not as if you are making this a habit. That's what I did in HS and it was fine.

why not just tell them that it's only missing one day of school that's not a bit deal, and it's not as if you are making this a habit. That's what I did in HS and it was fine.

Well, my dad can't take off work the next day, and my mom would have to come with. My parents won't leave my sister here, and they somehow think that I'll have another chance to see Muse, but the only other chance is if I convince them to go to Cincinnati a month after the show I wanna go to. They really need to open their minds to the possibilty of getting home at 1 AM. Or planning a trip to Ohio...

Why in the name of balls is this even a question?

FUCK SCHOOL

FUCK THE LAW!

This is MUSE were talking about right?

I missed the first 2 days of summer school for my first Coldplay concert. And If you miss more than 48 hours they drop you like a hot pop tart.

And 5 days/my quarter exams in March to see the last of the Viva Tour in Colombia

...pick your vagina up off the ground,

call in "sick"

and GO!