🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Tired Pony

Black Rose

any guesses as to which American city they'll go to next? seems that the criteria is somewhere with a musical vibe & has a thriving music community/scene...i'm guessing possibly Nashville (in keeping with the whole "country-tinged music" thing), but i am also kinda hoping for Seattle...home of grunge - Nirvana, Pearl Jam...if they are going to go with a rockier tone for the 2nd album... :cool:

ahemm.... AUSTIN!! :dance: I'd have to spend a lot more time downtown if they ended up coming here! :wacky:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they'll come to US for you guys :)

Iain tweeted this today...Am I the only one thinking he could be 'busking' in the park with Gary and some TP guys (Gary is still in London...)??

iainarcher There's some talk of music with pals in a park in Greenwich on Sunday eve...

And the lovely Anna is ripping and uploading for us a TP ITV on MTV Germany!! :kiss: Will be post here soon, stay tuned!

Hope they'll come to US for you guys :)

Iain tweeted this today...Am I the only one thinking he could be 'busking' in the park with Gary and some TP guys (Gary is still in London...)??

saw this tweet too, it's full of mysteries!... (can you imagine? an inpromptu session in the park :stunned: it's unlikely, but with those guys, you never know... wish I was still in London! ^^)

:lol: Someone while we were waiting, someone called for a 'warmer climate' :laugh3: (snow patrol fans can make this go on forever I think... :rolleyes:)

*lol* that might've been either myself or Elena...we were joking around about her recent attempts to get SP to play 'Warmer Climate', which would've been really suitable at the time in the colder climate. :P

haha...the US is *so* massive! they've got loads of options! but i hope for you US peeps that they just happen to choose your town... :cool:

currently incredibly hooked on 'That Silver Necklace'... :bigcry:

Don't tell me about it!! It's in my top 3 (with the Good book and the new one 'I'll carry you'). I loved it, during the show, he forgot to wait for Iain... :laugh3: It can't get enough of it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYo6y31Cnw]YouTube- Tired Pony - That Silver Necklace @ HMV Forum London 14-07-2010[/ame]

the gigling is so cute, it's so nice to see such complicity on stage!

*lol* that might've been either myself or Elena...we were joking around about her recent attempts to get SP to play 'Warmer Climate', which would've been really suitable at the time in the colder climate. :P

So you were the ones! :D (we were pretty close then, directly on your right ;))

and a Warmer Climate would have been soooo nice indeed!

You made me wanna listen to it again... it's getting even more beautiful each time :heart:

That'd be unbelievable. I wish I was in London right now, too!

we're gonna have to stay tuned and see what it was all about :)

@A: the live version is so much more powerful than the album version :wacky: and it's the case for every songs!

we're gonna have to stay tuned and see what it was all about :)

I follow Iain on twitter so I hope he'll post sthg sunday...

:wacky: Live versions are always the best. That's when the band can get out their full potential, their full passion for the song. And shit, Gary has a lot of passion. :heart::P

+10000000000

I became all teary (again...) yesterday while watching a vid of the Good Book (did I say it was my favorite?! :lol: )

Gary's face through the song is very powerful, he's totally into it, eyes closed and his amazed sight at the end when he looked up at the ceiling, you can almost hear him thinking ' OH MY GOD, THAT WAS FUCKIN AMAZING!!'...and the way he ended up hugging Tom... :bigcry: very emotionnal...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBTN_WOQ30]YouTube- Tired Pony ft Tom Smith - The Good Book @ HMV Forum London 14-07-2010[/ame]

@Christina: love you new avi/sig btw!

Thank you! :blush:

That's seriously a fantastic version of a fantastic song. :wacky: And yes, you can really see how much Gary loves the song. It doesn't have to be when he's singing, it just has to be music for him to feel it. :heart: Gah, he's amazing.

Tom's voice is so powerful and 'depth' (?)...During the gig, I was tearing up, his voice was gripping my guts inside...so much raw emotions in his voice...it's haunting!

His voice is nothing like I've ever heard, really. It really can rip your heart right out of your rib cage. Unbelievable.

Yep! To me his voice is kinda like Paolo Nutini's voice or Caleb Followill's: powerful, deep, raw voices where you can hear the pain and ache in it... :cry:

And the lovely Anna is ripping and uploading for us a TP ITV on MTV Germany!! :kiss: Will be post here soon, stay tuned!
:curtain:

Hey, I didn't forget it... I tried to rip the video many many times today before I had to go to work but it would only record the first 4:22mins when it is 12:29mins long actually.

Don't even need to look that up because I've tried it so often today. :disappointed:

But I'll try again tomorrow (ok, rather after I've slept :uhoh:)

:curtain:

Hey, I didn't forget it... I tried to rip the video many many times today before I had to go to work but it would only record the first 4:22mins when it is 12:29mins long actually.

Don't even need to look that up because I've tried it so often today. :disappointed:

But I'll try again tomorrow (ok, rather after I've slept :uhoh:)

Really?!! That's strange... :thinking: Anna, you're lovely for trying :hug:, if you don't manage to do it, that's ok but maybe you could tell us if they say something important?

--edit-----------

Great ITV of Peter & G

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1296934/At-arrival-supergroup-thats-ego-trip.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Again, they talk about a second album for earlier next year :awesome:

article-1296934-0A8A36C2000005DC-284_468x556.jpg

@V and Kimi: do you recognize this blue shirt?! :p

Really?!! That's strange... :thinking: Anna, you're lovely for trying :hug:, if you don't manage to do it, that's ok but maybe you could tell us if they say something important?
I seriously have NO idea why it wouldn't work... but it worked today! :dance: (almost)

Ok, I have to admit it still wouldn't let me grab the last 50 seconds... :disappointed:

But for that I have an audio recording to offer. :uhoh:

I don't have enough patience to try it for the nth+1 time in the hope it would record the last part, sorry.

I'm already happy I could get those 11:40mins and not just 90kb of useless data.

It'll be in the SP dl thread as soon as it's uploaded, I'm still converting it to the correct 16:9 ratio at the moment, it was distorted on the MTV website. :wtf:

I'll post the questions together with the file again but here is a translation of what they've been asked:

• How did you hit on the idea to form a band?

• Was it hard to find time in your schedules to work together?

• Where did you meet for the first time? Backstage at some festival?

• Gary, you're a big REM fan. How was it to work with your idols?

• Peter, how was it for you to work with a former fan?

• Is it true that Gary is the leader in Tired Pony?

• If two seasoned bands work together it surely can't be easy to find a common way?

• Why is the record so much about American everyday life?

• Is it possible that there'll be a second album soon?

• What did you learn for your own bands from the project?

article-1296934-0A8A36C2000005DC-284_468x556.jpg

@V and Kimi: do you recognize this blue shirt?! :p

Aw, the blue shirt! (as in: each of us got to touch the blue shirt! :p)

It'll be in the SP dl thread as soon as it's uploaded

Thank you Anna! especially with all the trouble you went through for it :kiss:

Guys, it is gonna be so hard to wait til next year for the next album...

Aw, the blue shirt! (as in: each of us got to touch the blue shirt! :p)

:awesome: :smug:

Alright, it's uploaded!

Click here for the files!

ANNAAAAAAAA :bomb: You're a life saver!!! :hug: MERCI, THANK YOU, DANKE SCHON :kiss:

I'll watch all this as soon as I get home tonight!

Alright, it's uploaded!

Click here for the files!

Thank You Anna!! :hug: watching it right now! ^^

--- edit ---

Quoting Peter:

"We're gonna do a show this summer, I'd like to do a show or two in the fall if we can work it out"

Yes! Please work it out! :D

"January, no one ever works. So, January might be a time for us to either make another record or do some shows, or both."

Let's just hope that their schedules will enable them do to it! ;)