🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Tired Pony

Black Rose

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I wish there were more songs from that session :blank:

Me too, they're so incredible live! Hope that the shooting of the gig at the Forum won't go to waste... please let there be a dvd, or at least some videos posted on the website! *crossingfingers*

oohh, youre one of those lucky ones who saw them live? :cheesy:

Yes, and it's still haunting me! :happy:

The interview you posted is interesting, from 3:00min, they axplain that 16 songs have already been recorded, with 10 on the record, the rest might be an EP! :dance: But Gary wants to save one of them for the next album! ^^

I like when Peter Buck says about the next recordings, that they'll take place "january every year, until one of us drops dead" :p

Me too, they're so incredible live! Hope that the shooting of the gig at the Forum won't go to waste... please let there be a dvd, or at least some videos posted on the website! *crossingfingers*

Yeah, exactly! I wanted to see "Northwestern Skies" cause it's my fav from the album :nice:

The dvd would be awsome!

Yes, and it's still haunting me! :happy:

hehe, I wonder why :lol: :lol:

The interview you posted is interesting, from 3:00min, they axplain that 16 songs have already been recorded, with 10 on the record, the rest might be an EP! :dance: But Gary wants to save one of them for the next album! ^^

I like when Peter Buck says about the next recordings, that they'll take place "january every year, until one of us drops dead" :p

yeah, that was great news! lol, Gary never stops writing songs. He's so full of ideas :thinking:

I loled so hard at Peter in that video! :lol:

Yeah, exactly! I wanted to see "Northwestern Skies" cause it's my fav from the album :nice:

The dvd would be awsome!

That was the very first song they played that night :cheesy: that was so surreal! ^^

yeah, that was great news! lol, Gary never stops writing songs. He's so full of ideas :thinking:

He's really hyperactive! Seems like he doesn't stand to do nothing :p

I loled so hard at Peter in that video! :lol:

it seems like it's the beginning of a long story with them! :smug:

That was the very first song they played that night :cheesy: that was so surreal! ^^

omg, that must have been awesome! I mean the song let alone is so awesome, but hearing it live :heart:

He's really hyperactive! Seems like he doesn't stand to do nothing :p

Yeah, exactly, always working :lol: give it a break Gary! :lol:

it seems like it's the beginning of a long story with them! :smug:

oooh, I hope it is :sneaky:

I found a good quality video on youtube, enjoy! :awesome:

(the man shouting "Garyyy" at 0:34... :lol:)

ohh, thank you so much for the video :wacky:

the man shouting "gary" reminds me so much of the SP video where a man shouted "I love you Gary" and then gary started laughing :lol:

It's funny how people always shout out things to him, and especially when Gary reacts to what they say! :p There are so many funny banters on youtube!

I don't think I could find the guts to shout out something myself, so it always makes me laugh when people do it, it's like anything can happen at an SP / TP gig! Gary's such an entertainer :lol:

yeah, I love that Gary talks to crowd, not a lot of people do that. It makes a gig SO much better and entertaining :nice:

oh, yeah, I couldnt shout anything to him too. I think. Cause I've never been in a gig, so I dont know :lol:

:awesome: An album every year, I really hope they'll do it!!! :dance: But an EP with the remaining songs?...:awesome: Guys, please DO IT TOO!!

omg, that must have been awesome! I mean the song let alone is so awesome, but hearing it live :heart:

You cry... :D And you're still being teary every time you listen to it afterwards...I speak for everyone who went to the show, we're emotional mess now :lol:

yeah, I love that Gary talks to crowd, not a lot of people do that. It makes a gig SO much better and entertaining

That's so true...! Gary said in the live Q ITV they did (last year :thinking: ) that he like to interact with the crowd cause the band and the audience are feeding on each other. He really wants you to be part of the show and he's so funny.... :D Not many frontmen can pull that kind of atmosphere on a gig....

OMG! I just heard Dead American Writers on my local radio station!!!!!!!! :dance:

That just made my whole day. That's kind of sad, isn't it? :(

No it's not :hug: but you're lucky, in here, I know I will NEVER hear TP on the radio...Chasing cars and JSY are the ultimate limite :dozey:

Anyone of the US fans in here are going to the NY or LA show in october??

Okay, so I finally downloaded the dang album. I've only had time to listen to the first half of it, but I'm loving it so far.

(Jen, you know I'd totally trade places with you so I could go to ACL and you could see Tired Pony :P)

Okay, so I finally downloaded the dang album. I've only had time to listen to the first half of it, but I'm loving it so far.

(Jen, you know I'd totally trade places with you so I could go to ACL and you could see Tired Pony :P)

:laugh3: I don't think I'd trade one for the other. ;) Though, and you're going to hate me for this, I really don't think I'm going to be able to go to ACL this year! I didn't get the three day passes in advance, and now they are ridiculous, if you can find them. I may still be able to snag a ticket for a single day, but I seriously have bands (lots of bands) I want to see each day. It's heartbreaking!!!

/BUMP!

The boys putted the GOTR video from the London show on the website (want a DVD :bomb:). GOTR will be the next single with 'silver atoms' as a b-side :dance: :awesome:

You can also DL for free 'I finally love this town' BUT in STUDIO VERSION *w*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmqjdpsoJqM]YouTube- I Finally Love This Town Tired Pony (band version)[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think there will be an European Tour? :wideeyed:

Well, if you listen the ITV above, they said it will be difficult considering SP starting recording LP6 next month+tour to follow and REM new record release+tour to follow but they said they'll try to put some dates around january...

/BUMP

I've posted on the MM TP Thread mp3s of Your Bible and Silver Atoms @HMV Forum ripped from a radio podcast :)

AND there is a bonus track for the U.S. album (with purchase of album - preorder only).

Bonus Track:

In The Stockade

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/the-place-we-ran-from/id391201517

I don't use itunes, do hope some lovely stranger will put it on the internet!

The US also have a slightly different cover for the album...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Place-We-Ran-Tired-Pony/dp/B003Y5NBKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1283967035&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: The Place We Ran From: Tired Pony: Music[/ame]

I prefer ours...

Lyrics to Your Bible and Silver Atoms (courtesy of TTB)

YB

Came back to pick up your bible, but I was reading it

Darling the way we finished things, was sure needing it

You said the only time I ever turned to God was when I was wanting something

Maybe you’re right but baby I’m praying to him tonight for just one thing

I want you back so we can have this fight again every day

I want you back because our love is just not right but it’s OK

Oh see I tried but it could take until I die to find the middle ground to this

Doesn’t feel like living with neither of us giving to the other one

Baby in the morning when all the curtains bring the dawn in it seems clear to me.

Your face it beats the sunrise it’s the perfect surprise every single day :heart:

All the things in life that are important they are ripe with insecurities

And I love you so much that I break everything I touch it makes me ill at ease

Makes me ill at ease

I want you back so we can have this fight again every day

I want you back because our love is just not right but it’s OK

And all the things in life that are important they are ripe with insecurities

And I love you so much that I break everything I touch it makes me ill at ease

SA

It’s like a heartbeat of endless little silver atoms

If it’s smashed it’s worth everything it was before

You can start on me like it was my own intention

Did youse crash? Then there’s really nothing I can do

And we’re lost but I can barely chart the territory

And we’ll cross all the branches of your family tree

If you look, you can just about make out my answer

But it’s late XXXXX fast asleep

On the factory tours in the streets at night there’s a deadly hush

You can see the town from the mountainside, it’s not on too far

But the breaking point is so long ago that I can’t recall

And with creaking joints we climb out of here from the furthest fault

It’s there but you’ll never get a rise from me, no

Here, you’re too drunk and itching for a fight

But if it’s your only way of making conversation

I can live without ever having to find out

When the dancing halls and the hospitals have a safety lid

And it’s time to file your whole life long then just light a fire

You can watch it burn but my advice is to turn and run

You feel the flames at the back of you as you interview

When the dancing halls and the hospitals have a safety lid

And it’s time to file your whole life long just light a fire

You can watch it burn, but my advice is to turn and run

You feel the flames at the back of you as you interview

GOT cover

51YH1gPIQOL._SS500_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeahhh :awesome:

For you lovely americans:

Tired Pony In-Studio Event Ticket Giveaway

SIRIUS XM Radio is assembling a small audience of listeners of TIRED PONY for a special live studio taping the afternoon of October 2, 2010 in New York City.

Seating is extremely limited. If you think you will be in the New York City area on Saturday October 2, 2010 enter between 5PM ET September 20, 2010 and 5PM ET September 29, 2010, for your chance to win a pair of tickets.

HOW TO ENTER:

» Send an email to: [email protected];

» Include "Tired Pony" in the subject line of your message or it will not be considered;

» Include your full name, valid email and cell phone number.

See our Privacy Policy at sirius.com and xmradio.com.

SIRIUS|XM Radio will not be providing transportation to/from the event. You must be at least 18 years old, and confident that you can be in the New York City area on October 2, 2010.*

*If you are selected to attend, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of the event and further instructions. Only people who have received this second email (and have been confirmed by SIRIUS|XM Radio) will be put on the guest list and will be able to attend.

PRIZES/VALUES: Twenty (20) pairs of tickets, each a $0 value.

ODDS: Winners determined by random drawing; judges decisions final. Your odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. This giveaway is being advertised on The Spectrum channel on Sirius channel 18 and XM channel 45 and on The Spectrum pages on sirius.com and xmradio.com.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1272762321175