✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Songs You're Embarassed to Like

Reilly

I have this pet peeve about people who can't just admit to liking a song which is essentially mainstream bullshit. Just because it wasn't written in a dungeon by artsy freaks doesn't mean it should be good or bad, the biggest pandemic is Lady Gaga, and the amount of musicians who can muster up how they think she writes "Good pop tunes and thats it".

You like the song! Just say it!

Although I could pretty much turn away from it after the first chorus, this song, from the Saturdays, "Up", everything about it is great.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7J4mxWa3jE]YouTube- ‪the saturdays- up with lyrics‬‎[/ame]

That's the specifics I guess.

There's plenty of songs which could be considered 'embarrassing' but I have no qualms about not only admitting I like them, but trying to get others to respect them as great songs, like a Jehovahs witness on religious heat.

Simon and Garfunkel, "Like a Bridge Over Trouble Water", Neil Diamonds "Sweet Caroline", the list goes on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this pet peeve about people who can't just admit to liking a song which is essentially mainstream bullshit. Just because it wasn't written in a dungeon by artsy freaks doesn't mean it should be good or bad, the biggest pandemic is Lady Gaga, and the amount of musicians who can muster up how they think she writes "Good pop tunes and thats it".

You like the song! Just say it!

Although I could pretty much turn away from it after the first chorus, this song, from the Saturdays, "Up", everything about it is great.

YouTube- ‪the saturdays- up with lyrics‬‎

That's the specifics I guess.

There's plenty of songs which could be considered 'embarrassing' but I have no qualms about not only admitting I like them, but trying to get others to respect them as great songs, like a Jehovahs witness on religious heat.

Simon and Garfunkel, "Like a Bridge Over Trouble Water", Neil Diamonds "Sweet Caroline", the list goes on.

I feel the same way, but Bridge Over Troubled Water and Sweet Caroline are classics. There is no shame in that. Paul Simon and Neil Diamond are two of the greatest songwriters of all time.

I have a lot :blank:

I guess one would be Complicated by Avril Lavigne :disappointed:

I can see why, it's infectiously catchy, Kesha's Tik Tok is the new version.

Both songs I hate though. And you should be embarrassed for liking them, what a dick you are.

(JKZ!)

I can see why, it's infectiously catchy, Kesha's Tik Tok is the new version.

Both songs I hate though. And you should be embarrassed for liking them, what a dick you are.

(JKZ!)

Well, Avril was respectable, and her new stuff is sort of catchy, except for Girlfriend, I don't like that one.

:hug: You get a hug coz I haven't seen you in a while.

You listen to Coldplay......

nope, its because you get your jokes from The 40 Year Old Virgin.

And... yeah.. I have Your Love is My Drug on my ipod... and i like it

and That new Eminem song "Love the Way You Lie" ...yeah I like that one too

Memories by David Guetta and Kid Cudi.

it is a genuinely awesome song. we play it at work often and i always find myself dancing involuntarily.

I hear where you are coming from there. If that song wasn't mainstream, tripple j would be all over it. I hate the song on principle though.

I don't have anything from things like Kesha or Justin Bieber, or even Lady Gaga, but I did had a song by Miranda Cosgrove lolz.

I don't have any now, but like I said, I own 2 Avril Lavigne CD's :disappointed:

And ABBA! :cheesy:

But they aren't in my iTunes.

Lost In Space by The Lighthouse Family.

but I realized it's not embarrassing at all.

and oh, pop songs aren't supposed to be embarrassing.

SHAWTY'S LIKE A MELODY IN MY HEAD THAT I CAN'T KEEP OUT GOT ME SINGIN' LIKE NA NA NA NA EVERYDAY, IT'S LIKE MY IPOD STUCK ON REPLAY, REPLAY-AY-AY-AY-AY

I Have 2 S-Club CD's, haven't listened to them since I Was like 8 but for some reason I Still have them :embarrassed:

Whenever people have their ipods at school, people ain't bothered about Using mine because they have never heard any of my songs, Not Even Coldplay :stunned:

So I Haz it all to Myself :)