✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Three biggest bands' set for Glastonbury 2011

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you think it would cost for a 19 year old to fly over to England and go to Glastonbury?

This is next year correct? I Will Go :veryangry2:

Tickets for the 5-days including camping are £200, nearest airport is Bristol and National Express do coaches from there to the festival site I think.

There is one band which can be ruled out, that is Muse, cos it's very very unlikely they will headline 2 years in a row, this isn't T-in-the-puddle afterall ;)

Tickets for the 5-days including camping are £200, nearest airport is Bristol and National Express do coaches from there to the festival site I think.

There is one band which can be ruled out, that is Muse, cos it's very very unlikely they will headline 2 years in a row, this isn't T-in-the-puddle afterall ;)

I'm not a fan of Muse so this does not come as bad news for me.

I just did the math and total it would be around $1100 to do everything. I better start saving, that would be one amazing trip :jester:

if you go we should meet up there cuz im coming from california and im kinda nervous about going to europe alone :blank:

at least in colombia i was with a friend from here... and from the area

if you go we should meet up there cuz im coming from california and im kinda nervous about going to europe alone :blank:

at least in colombia i was with a friend from here... and from the area

It all depends on if I have the money. I didn't realize how big this festival actually is - http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2011/

You have to register to buy tickets? I also didn't know they go on sale as early as October of this year.

Someone explain all of this to me; I'm slow :confused:

Register here - http://www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk/

Once you got your registration number your good to go, it's a successful anti-touting measure.

Tickets go on sale for £50 deposits on the 3rd October at 9am (could be a few minutes earlier) British Time and will probably go fast this year. For international sales I believe the period in which you need to pay your remaining balance is in late February (UK sales it's early April).

even though they are in the middle of the album I'm still hopeful. A few months ago Ed said that the band hopes to get it out as soon as possible and was hoping the album be released this year. I mean with only 4 months left of the year its possible they might release something (they have their own digital store so they release the album on their own... like harry patch/twisted words). So i'm still optimistic

well. yeah. either way it still seems fairly possible. a lot of big bands play at glastonbury, so its still likely.

And they must be very busy with LP8... or ridiculously lazy with updating DAS.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I think it's pretty nailed on for U2. New album planned for release in March. Possible rumours of another live dvd this time from one of their recent European shows later this year with rumours of further European dates to be added next summer scheduled to finish in Ireland, either in Dublin or Belfast. Probably Belfast. And yes - the UK is one of those countries rumoured to see U2 again next year.

Was confident about a Coldplay release before Glastonbury tying in nicely with the festival but now I'm not so certain if it is to be believed that the last couple of months in the studio weren't as productive as they thought it would be. Hopes rescinded there a bit. Could be that Eminem will headline alongside U2 and one of Coldplay, Kylie Minogue or Radiohead.

Friday - U2

Saturday - Eminem

Sunday - Coldplay or Kylie or Radiohead