✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Three biggest bands' set for Glastonbury 2011

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

So Michael Eavis has come out today saying that he has the 3 biggest bands lined up to headline next years Glastonbury festival.

"Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis confirmed to eFestivals that next year's Festival will be headlined by "The three biggest bands in the world. You won't believe who we've got." The farmer made the statement exclusively to eFestivals at Friday's Pilton Party 2010.

glastonbury_855_18451186_0_0_6764_300.jpg

His daughter Emily, who also organises the event, clarified to eFestivals that the third headliner is not yet a signed and sealed deal but everything is now expected to slot into place. Because Eavis made this new comment so soon after he revealed he hoped to book U2, it looks likely that the third headliner will be the Irish act."

source

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100906a.shtml

So who could the bands be at the festival which is scheduled for the 22nd to the 26th of June? The safest bets will be on Coldplay and U2. The latter considering have an 8 day break between their Anaheim gig on the 18th June and East Lansig gig on the 26th as part of their North American leg of the tour. As for Coldplay, well the Eavis's have made it no secret that they desire to see one of their favourite bands back for 2011!

So I'm going for

U2 (Friday)

Rolling Stones (Saturday)

Coldplay (Sunday)

They don't come much bigger than those three!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely agree with U2.

I'm not sure about Coldplay just because they're in the middle of recording their new album and I wouldn't imagine. Same goes for Radiohead who I thought might be a possibility and I think there could be a chance, but they would have to release their new album first (then again they have been working on it for a while)

I'd guess Paul McCartney as one of the big acts since he's been playing a bunch of shows all around the world.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm not sure about Coldplay just because they're in the middle of recording their new album and I wouldn't imagine. Same goes for Radiohead who I thought might be a possibility and I think there could be a chance, but they would have to release their new album first (then again they have been working on it for a while)

I'd guess Paul McCartney as one of the big acts since he's been playing a bunch of shows all around the world.

I'd expect some sort of album from Coldplay by the end of June. My understanding that they are targetting a end of spring/start of summer releas which would fit neatly with Glastonbury. Could not be though.

Guest howyousawtheworld
so for those that follow glastonbury, when do they typically announce what bands are playing?

Well they only announced for, this years festival, Muse back in February and U2 were announced back last November.

If as they say so, they've got two headlines sealed and the third headliner about to sign then I could suspect that we'll hear it within the next two months possibly before tickets sale on 3rd October?

I've always thought that maybe Radiohead would since the little acoustic gig Thom and Jonny did last year...

But they're in the middle of an album, so I kind of doubt it now.

I've always thought that maybe Radiohead would since the little acoustic gig Thom and Jonny did last year...

But they're in the middle of an album, so I kind of doubt it now.

even though they are in the middle of the album I'm still hopeful. A few months ago Ed said that the band hopes to get it out as soon as possible and was hoping the album be released this year. I mean with only 4 months left of the year its possible they might release something (they have their own digital store so they release the album on their own... like harry patch/twisted words). So i'm still optimistic