✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

A few more vids, have been so lax :shame:

Here's part of TKC - my memory card ran out, but I didn't realise I'd got the whole "Coldplay are shit/actually no if you're a FUCKING blogger I didn't mean that..." rant :lol: That's axe shouting at Chris is the beginning :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiFqUsYUbk]YouTube - Chris banter and Til Kingdom Come (partial) Coldplay Liverpool 19/12/10[/ame]

Also a quick CoL Jonny fest for Angie:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WcH1Ouft8]YouTube - Short video of Jonny rocking his Cemeteries of London riff - Liverpool 19/12/10[/ame]

And my pics...they took so long to upload on my shitty connection that I can't be bothered removing the blurry ones, sorry :P

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/mimixx/Coldplay%20Liverpool/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

IMG_9021.jpg?t=1293575497

IMG_9010-1.jpg?t=1293575634

IMG_9045.jpg?t=1293575695

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the vids and pics posted last few days!

It helps me to believe it actually happened!

Has anyone made a video of Politik? I couldn´t find any on youtube :cry:

A few moments ago I posted a partial video from Newcastle, but I didn't have one from Liverpool. (Partial because my memory card filled up before the end. :tongue:)

ahahahaha great mimi :D:D:D

:thumbsup: Congrats on meeting the guys!!! those are great pictures! and I'm loving the last one!:D

ahah yep i loved my stupid hat! :)

anyway it was not the first time i met them :) i was in exeter last year too :)

anyway, will is always great,

he gave me a friendly hug :)

Great pics Mimi :nice:

This is Politik, the person who uploaded them didn't mention any of the titles but the videos are great :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XF2HFx_nEA]YouTube - Coldplay Liverpool Royal Court 19th December Crisis at Chrisrtmas Hidden Gig[/ame]

I'm trying to find videos for all the songs and try to edit a DVD, but no one uploaded Lost! and Cemeteries of London so far :(

Great pics Mimi :nice:

This is Politik, the person who uploaded them didn't mention any of the titles but the videos are great :D

I'm trying to find videos for all the songs and try to edit a DVD, but no one uploaded Lost! and Cemeteries of London so far :(

Thanks!

Wisna, I've got Politik from Newcastle here:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I've also got a bit of it (under 2 mins) from the Liverpool show in higher res, but would need to scale it down, etc.

:)

Jason

Great pics and experiences, Andrea! Thanks for sharing!

Love the setlist - I was wondering what happened to Violet Hill!

Jason

oh thanks! :) yeah these 2 gigs (and also the Exeter one, so great and intimate) are the best of the ten coldplay gigs i've seen. Last year in Exeter was incredible, only 500 people, i was front row dead center again, i met the guys and it was fantastic.

BUT these 2 gigs were really gorgeous, i listened to Shiver, i fucking love that masterpiece, i see 2 great concerts in 2 great places, so "fairytaly" ..i met the guys again, had an hug from Will, it was such a FULL experience.. really.. i want to make a review but i know i have so much to write so i never have so much time :) but i WILL. :)

i don't know why violet hill was deleted, but i didn't mind this, i prefer parachutes and arobtth songs, so whatever they cut off from x&y and viva, well, kill me, but i don't mind at all :D:D:D i'm a Parachutes freaking lover. :D

Anyway THAT SETLIST was at 99% the setlist of the rehearsals room, i'm pretty sure of this cause it was given to me by an operator who was setting up the stage, who told me that THAT SETLIST was attached to one of the loudspeaker coming from the rehearsals room :) so it's a little pieace of rarity i suppose :) And that's why there are so many corrections :) happy to have it signed..

(hoping this fu**ing flu will go away soon)

I apologize that it has taken me so long to get around to posting my review! Better late than never, I suppose. This will be a little more than a review of the gig, it will be my “experience”. If you’re concerned only with the gig, feel free to just scroll down to that part. :nice:

30lm748.jpg

So after nearly missing my flight from Detroit (thanks to my work), I land in London on Saturday morning to see some rather ominous snow storm clouds in the distance; although I admit it was actually really pretty seeing it against the sunrise. Of course, as is turns out the U.K. wouldn’t consider it “pretty” after too long! After fetching my luggage, I caught the Heathrow Express train to Paddington station to meet Jason (Jason_DeBord) and Oz (lo&loud). The trip was going to be a little get-together of fellow memorabilia Coldplayers whom I had chatted with for a year but not met, which included the two aforementioned and Amanda (Afeather). Unfortunately, we didn’t find out until later that Amanda would not be able to join us. :cry:

After saying our initial hellos, Jason, Oz and I headed out to the train station to catch the train to Liverpool. Part of the journey to the train station involved some time on the tube, at which point we heard an announcement. We didn’t know how to interpret it, we thought the lady said, “All magic has been canceled.” Then of course, a lovely lady seated next to us kindly corrected us and said, “No, no, all matches have been canceled. You know, due to the weather.” Oooohhhhh, that makes more sense! When we boarded the train, we initially ended up on separate cabins; but since the train wasn’t very full we were able to find some seats together. Once the train departed, we were able to see exactly why all of the (football/soccer) matches were canceled: the snow was coming down hard and steady, the big fluffy heavy wet kind of snow. I’m used to lots of snow being from Michigan, and I assumed that England got plenty of snow all the time too since they are further north than Michigan. But I assumed wrong, because the climate is just plain different over there. It’s kind of hard to tell, but off in the distance in this video you can see the cars at a complete stand-still on the roads (this is either in, or just outside of London). There were even people getting outside of their cars to walk because they couldn’t go anywhere. :freak:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLsiretLhNQ]YouTube - London traffic during December 2010 snow storm[/ame]

All throughout the train ride to Liverpool, we kept hearing these loud banging noises, maybe every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes sounded worse than others, and finally there was an overhead announcement that ice was accumulating on the bottom of the train and then breaking off. :uhoh: I figured as much because with my view I could see the ice flying off, but it was nice to know that the people operating the train knew it too. At one point Oz jokingly inquired, “Was that a cow?!?” :lol:

Upon arrival in Liverpool, we got off the train with luggage in tow. We weren’t exactly sure where our hotel was in relation to the train station, and without the handy-dandy Underground, we figured it would be best to fetch a taxi. So we headed toward the taxi queue, and there weren’t too many people in front of us. However, the area for the queue was rather small, so it got crowded easily; that meant that we were temporarily blocking the entry from the departure area to the outside. I was standing closest to the entry, and noticed there were some people that were trying to get past us. I dragged my luggage out of the way and motioned to Oz to do the same, and as we did so, we looked up to see a tall lad say, “thanks mate”. And of course, the tall lad happened to be none other than Chris Martin. So, he was on the train with us. :freak: But, we kept our cool. In hindsight, maybe I should have quipped, “well, I suppose this means the show will go on!”

We arrived at our hotel which was tucked down a side street, yet still very close to everything. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone traveling to Liverpool, it is called base2stay.

no7mdj.jpg

It seemed reasonably priced, the rooms were great (I wish I had that kind of shower at home!), the staff was exceptional and very friendly, and the lounge area was lovely also. When we checked in, we were chatting with the staff about the weather, why we were there, etc. (By the way, Liverpoolians/Scousers have a rather unique accent.) The lady commented that although they occasionally get snow, she had never seen it actually stick to the street before, it usually melts right away. :freak: That’s how rare that type of weather is over there! This is our view looking across the street, I thought it was cute:

kd5t77.jpg

Here are a few other sights…

Keep in mind we were already up a few stories, that thing was really tall. And it was really cold. No thanks!

rirjiw.jpg

A nice little pub :D

317cgac.jpg

Wow, the stores in Liverpool have great taste! :awesome:

s5a3w2.jpg

After checking in, we headed out to potentially meet up with some other Coldplayers at a bar down the street called Yates. However, after being there for nearly a half hour and finding out from the bartender that someone had stopped in earlier looking for us, we were actually supposed to be at the other location (we didn’t know there was more than one)! So we headed off to the larger, more obvious location, where we met up with Wisna and Mathieu. I recognized Wisna from the forum (she met the boys a few months ago, lucky girl!), and this was my first time meeting Mathieu. Since the bar was rather crowded and the music got cranked up to full blast the moment we sat down, we decided to head out to a more peaceful setting; we ended up in a little restaurant called Nanda’s thanks to Oz’s suggestion. The five of us chatted for quite awhile, exchanged stories, just had a nice time. I particularly enjoyed listening to Mathieu’s stories of previous Coldplay concerts, he is quite the veteran! If I remember correctly, I think he said he’s been to something like 23 concerts over the span of their entire career thus far (correct me if I’m wrong Mathieu). :nice: And when Oz, Jason and I went back to base2stay for the night, we walked into the lounge and what were they playing? X&Y. :awesome: One of the staff must have had the CD and were inspired by our story earlier. Although their version had ‘How You See the World’ as the last song… did the European release have that at the end? Because the one in the States certainly didn’t!

On lovely Sunday, the day of the concert, I was going to head out to the venue to pick up my tickets and chat with some fellow Coldplayers who I knew would be standing in line most of the day to get the best view. Turns out that Oz had already picked up all of our tickets (they were all in his name, it’s a long story that I won’t bore you with). Shortly after that a friend of Jason’s arrived at the hotel to hang out for awhile. At the same time, we were able to contact Amanda regarding her current situation trying to get to Liverpool, only to find out it just wasn’t going to happen. :bigcry: She wanted us to give her ticket to someone, and what do you know Jason’s friend Simon is a big Coldplay fan, so… he was in the right place at the right time. :nice: Of course, he had to call his wife first to make sure it was okay. :lol: While Jason and Simon headed out for some lunch, Oz and I headed back to the venue to catch up with some of the people already waiting in line. We took Anna on a little date :wacky: to get some hot chocolate, and when we went back to the venue we saw that the band and crew were beginning to arrive. Shortly afterward, Oz and I headed back to base2stay to get ready and meet up with Jason and Simon.

We arrived at the venue about a half hour before the doors opened, so we stopped into the lounge area of a nearby hotel to get a drink, and happened to see that Jilly (Jilly Blue) was there also! I had met Jilly in November at the Christmas Lights shoot, so it was nice to see her again. :nice: And then, off we went to the Royal Court Theatre…

2epqcjo.jpg

We headed up to the lower balcony to our seats, there were a few rows in front of us. We had to laugh at this… someone in front of us actually thought they would be able to film the entire concert with their camera on a tripod. Yeah. Right.

o6k387.jpg

I soon realized that the friends and family of the band and crew were seated a few rows in front of us. :bomb: It was rather surreal to see some of those people in real life, the wives, kids, brothers, sisters and parents that you only see in pictures. Phil stopped by for a few moments to chat with some of them; this gives you some perspective on our vicinity to their friends and family. I spy… “sweet cheeks”! :blush:

68sprt.jpg

At one point somebody walked in and headed over to the other side of the balcony, most of the people were like, “omg, it’s actually him, I can’t believe he’s here!” At first I didn’t know who people were talking about; and even when they did tell me, I still didn’t know who they were talking about. :lol: I suppose the name Steven Gerrard will mean something to those of you who know anything about football/soccer (unlike me). It was rather amusing to see almost the entire balcony pointing in one direction and taking pictures and gasping… and have it NOT be in regard to a member of the band. :tongue:

It was such an amazing feeling once the concert started. The best for me was when they played Trouble, that’s always been in the top 2 on my list! I tried to shoot some video, but they didn’t turn out very well because we kept having to let people in and out of our row, so I gave up on that (I knew I’d have a better opportunity at Newcastle so I’d just wait until then). Actually it was really only four people that kept walking in front of us; it was pretty bad, because the row behind us was starting to get miffed too. And two of the guys in our row were the worst, plus they were just plain rude while doing so. I was so tempted to say, “Listen guys, if you wouldn’t keep getting up to get beers to get yourselves pissed, then you wouldn’t have to keep getting up to go piss.” But that wouldn’t have been wise; they looked like the kind of guys that wouldn’t think twice about giving me a black eye. :uhoh: Oh well.

I did decide to take a few pictures though…

n32kqx.jpg

Yellow Will :wacky:

5l52mf.jpg

Yellow Chris

f36f55.jpg

Bananas, chocolates, and Gary Barlow at the piano, oh my!

kbahjp.jpg

I spy… Roadie #42!

2mzk395.jpg

And when Christmas Lights came on… everyone got the “ohs” right, but I didn’t have my balloon!!! :lol: * boat joke *

All in all, it was an amazing concert. On our way out, we bumped into Mathieu again, along with his sister. They got a nice little souvenir… the “directions” for the Christmas Lights Live Video that was posted on coldplay.com. I wonder who wrote it… I think it’s cute that they wrote “chanderleers” instead of chandeliers. :wacko:

102jedj.jpg

We also witnessed the crew immediately packing up the stage truck for Newcastle. I thought maybe they already had “duplicate” instruments already waiting in Newcastle, but I guess that wasn’t the case. :stunned:

opxowh.jpg

A crowd started to congregate around the door where people had seen the band walking in earlier in the day. Security was there too, so it was obvious that at some point, someone was going to walk out of there. Although not too long after that, somebody walked in with a stack of pizzas (and as we later found out, they ate it with the Choir With No Name). Eventually a line formed on each side of a path that lead to a van in the street. I decided to stand much further back (closer to the stage trucks), to sort of “watch” the spectacle that was about to unfold. Only Chris came out, but it was really interesting just watching everybody around him. I don’t know how he keeps his calm, although I imagine he’s used to it by now. He just slowly made his way to the vehicle, taking pictures and signing stuff along the way. And then he took off, and everyone dispersed, and I just shook my head in disbelief: did this entire night really just happen?

So, that is my story of the Coldplay Liverpool Crisis Gig. And now, off to Newcastle... :escaping2:

Carrie, can I ask what row and seats you were sitting in? Because I had the same exact view, to the point where I'm surprised the back of my head isn't in those two shots you just posted, and your photos look like they're from the balcony where I was and not the circle...and if I was sat right where you were and failed to notice the friends and family crew and Phil's visit, I'm going to laugh really loud :lol:.

Brilliant review! :nice:

Awesome review, Carrie! I enjoyed reliving it through your story. :D

I totally forgot about the "magic" being canceled until I just read it now. :laugh3: That cracks me up. I'll be using that with people all year now... ("I"m sorry sir, all magic has been canceled!")

Can't wait to read the next one!

Jason

Carrie and Oz were to my right - I was in "Circle", Row J, Seat 29 (so I think we were seats 27-29?).

Jason

Ahh ok, I guess it really looked like the photos were taken from the balcony where I was! That makes me feel better because I would have felt like a bit of an idiot if Phil walked right in front of my fat face to a Coldplay posse :P