✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Coldplayers, here are my flickr album with photos from the gig (including meet&greet).

Who's the lucky girl who appears with the band?... My wife, Sonia. I only appear with Will, ja ja ja.

Enjoy!

(FULL CONCERT IN MP3 COMING SOON)

Awesome pictures you have, and congrats again for being one of the VIP, I will try to ask the italian guy I met that day and who won a VIP ticket to post here :)

Ok, I'm not gonna write a review as my memory already begin to fail about that day. Friday and Saturday last week have been a nightmare coming true. I had been following the weather forecast for days, I was not even worried about the snow fallen in Venice on friday as our airport was working perfectly despite it, but Easyjet decided that because of possible heavy snow fall in London on saturday morning, my flight was cancelled. I tried to find a solution while coming back home from work and saw that Ryanair had a flight at 22.35 that night from another airport that we have in the area. I threw a few things in my luggage already half prepared and took the shuttle to the airport. The queue to buy the tickets was insanely long as the ticket desk was also for people who had to change their cancelled flight. Time was passing and if I wanted to buy the ticket I had to go up to the first in line and beg them to make me go ahead of them, and they thankfully did. As I said I don't even tought about the price of the ticket, I just wanted to get to the UK as soon as possible. Went through check-in, metal detector and onto the waiting lounge. At 1 am the flight was cancelled. I didn't have means to get back home, so I got in the queue again to try and find another flight to any city in the UK. I was feeling like a zombie, and when it was my turn the girl at the desk told me the first flight to London was at the same time the day after, I asked her if there was any other departing from other italian cities. There was one for Liverpool from Milan...on December 20th, which I of course declined, but then a Treviso-Leeds flight was scheduled for saturday at 1.15 pm and I decided to take that one, hoping the weather there was better.

I didn't sleep a lot that night, I guess you can imagine airports are not the best place to sleep.

I spent the morning after checking updates about the situation in Leeds and about by friend's flight (she had a flight to London from Milan). Lovely Anna (:kiss:) helped me giving infos about the transport between Leeds and Liverpool saying the trains were running even tough some of them had some delays.

And then thank heavens we were boarding onto our flight. Met Andrea (axe) and the other italian guys on the flight :nice:

Once at Leeds I run to the shuttle to the train station and then a few minutes later the train to Liverpool. Alighting at Liverpool train station was the end of the nightmare, I couldn't believe I was really there. My friend, on the other and, was losing hope as all the available flights were completely packed and the forecast didn't seem to be positive for sunday :\

The day after I went to the venue at about 10.30, just to see where it was and check if someone was already there..and well of course there was someone, axe & co., so I decided to stay there. I had printed my friend's copy of her ID and credit card to collect the tickets, and luckily it worked. Then Craig came searching for standing tickets and I sold him my friend's one since she couldn't definitely make it and consider how much money she lost with this trip getting back 50£ was not a bad thing.

We were really few people, all from the italian fansites and coldplaying, for most of the day. As you already know we managed to catch Jonny and Will arriving at the venue with Mercedes vans, while Guy and Chris arrived by foot. I might be one of the few who actually saw Guy arriving, as no one had seen any vans parking. Chris was the only one who stopped, signed things and left us with a "See you in a minute".

After waiting a bit more in the queue I decided to go for a walk in the shopping center (bathroom and something hot to drink were needed), but when I came back everyone had disappeared. Two people there told me they had been invited to the soundcheck. The only freaking time I move from there and something like that happens, I knew it dammit. I started praying the security guy to let me in, since he knew I had been there with everyone else since the morning. He wouldn't let me in, nearly crying I tried with the security at the stage entrance, he went in to ask for permission and then led me inside, he was my saviour.

Everything was so surreal inside, the tiny stage, the few of us just looking at them in awe, no fanatism, just happy to be have been that lucky.

When Phil and Chris came to talk to us at the end of the soundcheck, Phil told us italians "see you next year", so I tried to get from him when and where we were going to see them again, but apparently he wasn't sure. Well good thing is that they're coming :D

Then they were told they should play live again Life is for Living, and tough Phil was absolutely positive about it, Chris wasn't as well, I hope he managed to convince them :lol:

Just a second before they went I called my friend and made Chris to say hello to her.

A few pics from the soundcheck

liv03.jpg

liv04.jpg

liv05.jpg

liv06.jpg

liv07.jpg

After the gig we stayed there and as you know Chris was the only coming out, the other had left straight after the end of the gig, as always. Also talked with Phil, who had just a short sleeve t-shirt because apparently he couldn't find his jacket anymore :laugh3: and I managed to say hi to Debs, she seemed so nice :nice:

I'll post the pics from the gig once I've sorted them out. I also have a short video of Christmas Lights from the soundcheck and Shiver from the gig but I've seen there are already vids about them.

Hey Denise!! :hug:

Again, I'm so so so happy you made it to Liverpool in the end.

There was a time when I was really worried and again sorry for seeing your text so late. :facepalm:

How awesome that they let you in late, how weird must it have been to see the others gone when you came back. :hug:

Great pics!! And please post your videos, I'd love to see them. :cheesy:

fran_rey : you have beautiful pictures. I went to Liverpool to saw the show. I liked it but my camera didn't work. I think there was no battery. I can't take photos. Too bad, because I saw the band and spoke with Chris and Will. Even if my English is not very well.

Thanks you for your pics and your MP3.

Jeez Anna, they're..uhm..big :awesome:

Hey Denise!! :hug:

Again, I'm so so so happy you made it to Liverpool in the end.

There was a time when I was really worried and again sorry for seeing your text so late. :facepalm:

How awesome that they let you in late, how weird must it have been to see the others gone when you came back. :hug:

Great pics!! And please post your videos, I'd love to see them. :cheesy:

Ok so Christmas lights from the soundcheck is here

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=473133421178

I will try to upload Shiver but it might take agees as it's really heavy

Hi Sarah! :nice: So nice to meet you and your sister! Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

Hi Anna had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone no doubt we will cross paths again probably at the front of the next queue! Have a great christmas and new year x

Anna those pics are so big :wideeyed: Chris' eyes! :dead:

Sarah thanks for your pics too :D

Where do i find annas pics not sure ive seen them? Amm so bored sitting in waiting for furniture could use something to brighten the wait!

I posted these in the Chris thread, figured they belonged here as well! I have more pics on the way :nice: And a review, of course :awesome:

tumblr_ldtymgeroK1qaki7do1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1293193496&Signature=dEsMRWlqYNO%2BCOaOvtv9meEYdtM%3D

tumblr_ldtyhqRdNI1qaki7do1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1293193493&Signature=%2BgRgS9fYJANl%2Fa8m9RTBAhj2jng%3D

tumblr_ldtyrqQBbK1qaki7do1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1293193486&Signature=2RHmsxSiKKMecDlYLYCeCmJ6ycw%3D

:stunned:

I remember you showing me that middle one of Chris while we were waiting to cross the street to the train station that night and I was in such awe I forgot to cross the street :lol:.

And just LOOK at Phil's cheeks! :blush:!

AMAZING work. You make me want to risk bringing my DSLR to concerts more often!