✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

Well, sometimes, you have times when you're listening to a song and really like it, then find out that it's someone that you wouldn't typically listen to or someone that you dislike. It's kinda like that. If it weren't for the anonymity, I would've never bothered listening to Arcade Fire on my mixtape for MTE 5, and I would've never given them a second chance and fallen in love with them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just makes it more fun!

Just do it, you'll see...

Well, sometimes, you have times when you're listening to a song and really like it, then find out that it's someone that you wouldn't typically listen to or someone that you dislike. It's kinda like that. If it weren't for the anonymity, I would've never bothered listening to Arcade Fire on my mixtape for MTE 5, and I would've never given them a second chance and fallen in love with them.

I see, I understand.

That's kind of ridiculous. We all know what kind of music we like and what artists we like and dislike, so what difference does it make if we know the artist or not.

It makes a big difference believe me!!! Cause...

THIS!! It avoids being judgmental on the songs given to you and it's more fun to listen to something and don't know what's coming next! SURPRISE :blush:

Thx to mixtape exchanges, for example I've fallen in love with Biffy Clyro, a band that I wouldn't normally listen to.... If I had seen the name of the band on the track, I would have probably skip it.... And you'll have plenty of good surprise listen to the tape given to you because if you like a song, you'll be '....WHO is this?!' and when you finally find it's always :stunned: good feeling indeed! :)

dsjf;asks;sdk

okay if mike is gonna do yours just tell me so i can write it down

But then whoever made a mixtape for Sara would have to find someone else to give it to.

You have Person A -> Sara -> Person B. Wouldn't it be most sensible to give Person A's mixtape to Person B? I feel like the whole issue with mixtape-less and review-less people during the past mixtape exchanges could have been so easily solved by doing this.

Finished mine, just need to upload it.

Is there way I can upload the whole thing or do I have to do each song?

Open a new folder on your desktop, drag all of the songs into the folder from itunes (you'll have to edit the songs' info in this folder again because it likes to appear again for some reason), highlight them, right click -> add to archive, which puts the songs in a rar file. I'm not sure if you have winrar though, so here's the link. Download either the very first or second link.

Sounds like a silly question,

but what's the easiest way to delete the information off tracks? :uhoh:

if you've got media player, the absolute easiest way is to OVERWRITE the album/track/band/genre/year info with something else, like Coldplaying Mixtape or just some random text, using Advanced Tag Editor. Piece of cake.

Same with the artworks, use a random image to OVERWRITE the track artwork, using Paste Album Art.

It's way better to overwrite stuff rather than just a simple delete cos a lot of the time the track likes to retain it's own info and will just put it all back there for you, even tho you've 'deleted' it.

If you haven't got media player, use Windows Explorer - Properties and you can overwrite the track info there instead.

If you've got iTunes, then sorry can't help ya :P iTunes sucks cheese. :P

It makes a big difference believe me!!! Cause...

THIS!! It avoids being judgmental on the songs given to you and it's more fun to listen to something and don't know what's coming next! SURPRISE :blush:

Thx to mixtape exchanges, for example I've fallen in love with Biffy Clyro, a band that I wouldn't normally listen to.... If I had seen the name of the band on the track, I would have probably skip it.... And you'll have plenty of good surprise listen to the tape given to you because if you like a song, you'll be '....WHO is this?!' and when you finally find it's always :stunned: good feeling indeed! :)

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I didn't mean to sound rude when I was asking about this, I just wanted to know if it made a huge difference and I guess it actually does.